Would you trade in for 2023+ Sequoia TRD Pro? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My brother in-law just bought a 2020/21 Sequoia CPO and I have to say it is niiiice. If I was a family man I'd get the gen 2.5. His has the 2nd row captains chairs seats and the leg room in the 2nd row is insane. The ability to move in and about the cabin is easy. It's just me, my wife, and our two dogs and sometimes I even feel the LC is tight. The 3rd gen Sequoia is much smaller than the 2/2.5 gen and the rear cargo hump takes away a ton of space. In the gen 2 Sequoia even with the 3rd row up you still have a decent amount of cargo space. So if you do trade the LC for a Sequoia I'd trade it for a CPO gen 2.5 Sequoia.

My brother in-law just bought a 2020/21 Sequoia CPO and I have to say it is niiiice. If I was a family man I'd get the gen 2.5. His has the 2nd row captains chairs seats and the leg room in the 2nd row is insane. The ability to move in and about the cabin is easy. It's just me, my wife, and our two dogs and sometimes I even feel the LC is tight. The 3rd gen Sequoia is much smaller than the 2/2.5 gen and the rear cargo hump takes away a ton of space. In the gen 2 Sequoia even with the 3rd row up you still have a decent amount of cargo space. So if you do trade the LC for a Sequoia I'd trade it for a CPO gen 2.5 Sequoia.
Solid axle and hybrid batteries vs rear independent suspension and no hybrid.

I have a 23 Tundra TRD Pro. The new engine has a lot of power. Fun to drive. My Tundra is also built well, and is comfortable, the infotaiment is better, steering wheel and seat heaters actually get hot, gas mileage is a good amount better. I imagine the new Sequoia is similar.

As nice as the Tundra is, my 2016 200 feels more solid, but it is nice having both.

Nope. Not in the same ballpark. New stuff is junk, now get off my lawn!

I will echo this. My wife is in a ‘18 sequoia trd sport. Even with a lift and 35’s it’s pretty great for what it is. Not an LC but there’s a lot to like about the last of the second gens and they’re relatively affordable.

Solid axle and hybrid batteries vs rear independent suspension and no hybrid.

I get that. My guess is that anyone looking at a Sequoia over a Land Cruiser is because they want/need the additional room and space. I've heard a lot of people that compared the 2nd vs 3rd gen Sequoia's and it's pretty unanimous that everyone feels the 3rd gen Sequoia is much smaller than the outgoing gen. Even had a friend who recently had twins and bought a 3rd gen Sequoia say that it's too small inside once they try to fit strollers and all their baby crap inside. The 3rd gen Sequoia may be good for someone looking for a slightly larger vehicle than a Land Cruiser but it's certainly not nearly the space and people hauler the 2nd gen was. Again, I'm assuming anyone looking at Sequoia's is valuing space more than off-road capability.

I can always count on you guys to slap me back to reality. 😅

I wonder what a cluster the sequoia forums are like.

I can always count on you guys to slap me back to reality. 😅

I wonder what a cluster the sequoia forums are like.

It's okay. We all have lapses in judgement and make silly mistakes. At least you asked here before actually doing it 🤣

This choice defines dating and marriage!!!

Probably ok to date a Seq for a few years but if you are looking to celebrate a precious metal or stone anniversary with that ride, better stick with that Land Cruiser!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom