New to the 45 club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
so I've been a 69 guy for 10+ years, but always wanted a 45. Thanks to a good dude here in the San Antonio area I now have a HJ45. It's fairly rough, but I got it running and stopping today. I'm a complete newb with these, so one of the first things I'll need to source is a FSM. My plans (tentative) are to install a 12H/T and H55 I have been saving for one of my 60's. One quick question for you guys is the wiper motor. Should it be hot without the key on? I noticed the passenger arm link was disconnected. When I took off the cover to remove the motor and reattach the arm, I noticed the motor was pretty warm. Any thoughts are appreciated. Here's a few shots of the ride. Also, trying to figure out if these seats r correct. If so, I'm definitely missing some type of floor mounted frame. Thanks and look forward to gettin a build started in the near future. Jim.

Nice truck Jim. Welcome to the club. I personally am a big fan of 12HT's in a 45. The seat is stock for 80's model 45's (not sure what year it started I'm sure Whitey will tell you). I mounted a set of those in my 78' using the original seat mounts. They are very comfortable!

Nice truck Jim. Welcome to the club. I personally am a big fan of 12HT's in a 45. The seat is stock for 80's model 45's (not sure what year it started I'm sure Whitey will tell you). I mounted a set of those in my 78' using the original seat mounts. They are very comfortable!
Appreciate the feedback. Any chance you could post a pick of the floor mount frames? I'll definitely need to source some or possibly figure out how to make a set. Thanks again. Jim

View attachment 1278161 View attachment 1278159 View attachment 1278158 View attachment 1278156 View attachment 1278155 so I've been a 69 guy for 10+ years, but always wanted a 45. Thanks to a good dude here in the San Antonio area I now have a HJ45. It's fairly rough, but I got it running and stopping today. I'm a complete newb with these, so one of the first things I'll need to source is a FSM. My plans (tentative) are to install a 12H/T and H55 I have been saving for one of my 60's. One quick question for you guys is the wiper motor. Should it be hot without the key on? I noticed the passenger arm link was disconnected. When I took off the cover to remove the motor and reattach the arm, I noticed the motor was pretty warm. Any thoughts are appreciated. Here's a few shots of the ride. Also, trying to figure out if these seats r correct. If so, I'm definitely missing some type of floor mounted frame. Thanks and look forward to gettin a build started in the near future. Jim.
Correction...fj60 guy for several years. Of course my son (@mcguirejohnson ) had to point out my typo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom