New problem. Steering wheel if off. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, that is a picture of your front differential, but your driveshaft is in backwards. The slip yoke should be at the differential, not the transfer case.

The rear driveshaft should have the slip yoke at the transfer case.

In other words, the slip yoke should always be to the front of the vehicle.

Oh, and your knuckles are very dry.
That explains. Any issue / risk to leave it as is?

There was a knuckle leak few months ago. Have replaced all the seals, gaskets and bearings. Had one pound moly grease each side. No more leaks now, but you're right, they do look dry, very little grease at the felt gasket when I touch it. Do I need to put more grease in?

Thank you

Yes, more grease. It'll leak out when it has eaten enough.

If you only drive on the road, the chances are that the slip yoke orientation matters little. If you ever plan to drive it offroad, and I don't mean the front yard, you really should fix the orientation. The reason the slip yoke is at the front differential is that is where the most movement is. Think about what happens when your front axle goes wishbone offroad and you'll see what I mean.

That explains. Any issue / risk to leave it as is?

There was a knuckle leak few months ago. Have replaced all the seals, gaskets and bearings. Had one pound moly grease each side. No more leaks now, but you're right, they do look dry, very little grease at the felt gasket when I touch it. Do I need to put more grease in?

Thank you
Risk will be the DS may hit the tie rod or sway bar when flexing

Each side, when empty, takes almost 2 10.1 oz tubes each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom