Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have the following parts for sale:

Reconditioned/restored front windshield wiper motor: $250

Reconditioned/restored washer bottle motor: $100

New/OEM/never used or installed L&R headlight doors: $350

Reconditioned/powder coated 2F valve cover with your choice of lettering color (hand painted) with new gasket/grommets. $400

Solidified the next few projects today:

Custom grill, headlight doors, mirrors, fender vents, qtr vents - yes, it's all true. . .ICON FTW on this one. Prototypes are being developed now and will be offered once fitment is finalized. So fcuking happy. . .woo hoo!

WagonGear tailgate panel ordered, check. Signed-up for his email notification. Got an alert last week that a few were available. Hit BIN like a crackhead.

Prinsu roof rack should be here in the next 3-4 weeks.

Lower tailgate to bodyshop sometime over the next 4-6 weeks. Getting lic plate indention taken out - haven't finalized where I'll put the plate just yet. Will try to incorporate WagonGear's lid into a drop in box for the lower gate.

Emu windows are 2-3 months out but solidified that's the option I'm going with - now, what to do with the non-US spec sliders I bought last year?

FJ80 rolling chassis swap - decided this a few months ago. Looking locally for vehicle.

Bought a radar detector after getting a ticket - crap!

Pullling 60 into garage April to start dismantle project. Lots of goodies will go to the chopping block - engine components that are basically new, as well as frame, axles, MAF tank & custom exhaust, etc.

Shane

Solidified the next few projects today:

Custom grill, headlight doors, mirrors, fender vents, qtr vents - yes, it's all true. . .ICON FTW on this one. Prototypes are being developed now and will be offered once fitment is finalized. So fcuking happy. . .woo hoo!

WagonGear tailgate panel ordered, check. Signed-up for his email notification. Got an alert last week that a few were available. Hit BIN like a crackhead.

Prinsu roof rack should be here in the next 3-4 weeks.

Lower tailgate to bodyshop sometime over the next 4-6 weeks. Getting lic plate indention taken out - haven't finalized where I'll put the plate just yet. Will try to incorporate WagonGear's lid into a drop in box for the lower gate.

Emu windows are 2-3 months out but solidified that's the option I'm going with - now, what to do with the non-US spec sliders I bought last year?

FJ80 rolling chassis swap - decided this a few months ago. Looking locally for vehicle.

Bought a radar detector after getting a ticket - crap!

Pullling 60 into garage April to start dismantle project. Lots of goodies will go to the chopping block - engine components that are basically new, as well as frame, axles, MAF tank & custom exhaust, etc.

Shane

S, so you're going full monty on this, 60 body onto the 80 frame!. When I saw that instagram post on ICON I nearly shart myself. I'll be lining up for all of those components....grill really looks like it'll be sweet...can't wait to see the side vents they come up with!

Just put your LP on the bumper tire carrier, no? I like mine on the tailgate...since my tire blocks 75% of the LP heehee

This is just making the fact that I can't get either LC into my 3-car garage even more painful. Have I mentioned MOVING SUCKS!?!?!

Cheers,

K

You have a shop doing the frame/body/ motor swap? Excited to see this happen.

Yes but the frame/motor swap will be close to last. Although I love the acid trip-like ride of multitasking, I'm hitting the stage of wanting to complete individual projects now. The first of which will be the body/interior.

I tallied my numbers tonight - almost vomited but in the end, I knew this shortly after getting the rests-mod bug. Being realistic - maybe another 2 years before she's 100% complete.

Dang....!!!
I know of four going on on MUD...!!
At different stages....!!!

What is going on ......!!!!?

S, so you're going full monty on this, 60 body onto the 80 frame!. When I saw that instagram post on ICON I nearly shart myself. I'll be lining up for all of those components....grill really looks like it'll be sweet...can't wait to see the side vents they come up with!

Just put your LP on the bumper tire carrier, no? I like mine on the tailgate...since my tire blocks 75% of the LP heehee

This is just making the fact that I can't get either LC into my 3-car garage even more painful. Have I mentioned MOVING SUCKS!?!?!

Cheers,

K

Cheers,

K

K-

Yup, full monty it is! And those friggin pics ICON posted - wow! Exactly what I was hoping to find and an exact fit for the look I'm going for with the 60 build. And yes, of course, I'm going get two sets when they become available, hehe.

I"m thinking the same thing r/t the carrier - going to do some mockups and finalize it at some point. She's going to be on blocks soon - and if my estimates are halfway correct, will be on blocks for a while. Means to an end, eh =)

And K - moving totally, without a single doubt, one of the most painful events in life. Right behind getting fcuked by the IRS, having Obama as our president, and the thought of AssFace Clinton making it in office =)

Live large, brother. . .

shane

Wow, you are on a roll! Excited to see this unfold! :)
Also, great news about the side vents. Mine are half holding on and I need new ones. Is there a teaser pic of them at least?

Ok. As you all know, I'm not shy.

Tallied my receipts tonight - at least the ones I physically had but not counting paypal, cash, etc.

When I first called ICON about doing a FJ60 resto-mod, I was told it would costs somewhere in the $115,000 range - fully built, complete, ready to drive. I remember asking "...is that in U.S. dollars. . ." and hindsight being 20/20. . .that estimate was just about spot-on.

Anyway. . .there you go. If you're new into the LC community and curious what it will take to do your never-ending project, see above.

Shane

Last edited:
Wowowowow :bounce::clap::cheers::popcorn:

Can I call dibs early on literally all of the exterior stuff you're going to replace?! Those parts are absolutely worth the trip up to the NS.

Would it not be cheaper, and better, to have a custom 3 or 4 link setup done by a good shop rather than a chassis swap?

I have no idea to be honest. My needs are specific - asphalt queen with excellent on-road & excellent (for a fat ass) handling. So, I'm not sure if a 3or4 link setup would fit what I'm looking to achieve or not? Hmm. . .good question.

That would save me a good bit of time/money. . .double hmm. . .

The 80 frame is quite a bit stouter than the 60 frame, and ultimately the best option if we remove time and $$$ from the equation.

I think a three link will require a good deal of lift to fit all of the bracketry on top of the front axle housing, probably more than you are looking for.

That said the front suspension of an 80 can be grafted onto the 60 frame fairly easily (especially if the engine is out for a swap) if you have a donor 80 rolling chassis to chop up, or if beno can order all of the buckets and brackets. The 60 frame is wider, making a little more room for exhaust on the future V8 swap.

A custom 4-link in the rear is totally doable and probably not that difficult or as extensive a project (relatively speaking) if you found the right shop.

Last edited:
Shane,

Many thanks for posting/sharing. Love watching the progress - The $ estimates are VERY helpful to me. They help me "turn down the heat" of the curiosity/interest that my wife occasionally expresses with regard to the occasional "neccesary car parts" box(es) that arrive here at my place...:idea:

Shane,

Many thanks for posting/sharing. Love watching the progress - The $ estimates are VERY helpful to me. They help me "turn down the heat" of the curiosity/interest that my wife occasionally expresses with regard to the occasional "neccesary car parts" box(es) that arrive here at my place...:idea:

R,

So do I need to paint BAR-CHAIN OIL all over your boxes in a week or so... HA! Necessity to work for you...

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom