NC LX becomes NC LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since last April when I sold my LX450 I immediately regretted it. The 100 I replaced it with was awesome but it just never felt the same or filled the void of not having an 80. Eventually I think my wife got tired of hearing me complain so she gave me the go ahead to find another one.

New the the ONSC family is my first official Land Cruiser. I was lucky enough to pick up a triple locked 1996 locally for a fair price.
56318A2C-29E9-4163-BABD-AF8CD38649A0.jpeg

It’s actually set up pretty complete.
  • 4” OME
  • SS brake lines
  • Castor plates
  • Sliders
  • 278k but 75k on the motor. I found the owner two owners back through FB and confirmed this.
  • PHH bypass already done.
  • New Pads and Rotors
  • Gold Emblems!
The deal I made with the previous owner was that he could keep his wheels and tires so the first change will be adding and wheel tires package. Luckily @AJR had a set of rollers I could use until I get new tires.

4AD6B8E0-5D3E-442F-8776-1502A5FF5B43.jpeg

17F579B1-1058-41BD-9A7B-ECA9EDC10AE7.jpeg

55C7FF1F-3276-46FF-9579-15F42BDA932F.jpeg

The current list for Plans for the future are:
  • Change all fluids.
  • Remove the awful spray can bedliner.
  • 315’s M/T on OEM wheels
  • Rear swing out
  • Remove the 4” rears coils for 3”
  • Remove the interior and deep clean when it get a little warmer.

Last edited:
Nice rig!

Awesome! Congrats on the new addition.

Since last April when I sold my LX450 I immediately regretted it. The 100 I replaced it with was awesome but it just never felt the same or filled the void of not having an 80. Eventually I think my wife got tired of hearing me complain so she gave me the go ahead to find another one.

New the the ONSC family is my first official Land Cruiser. I was lucky enough to pick up a triple locked 1996 locally for a fair price.
View attachment 1884061

It’s actually set up pretty complete.
  • 4” OME
  • SS brake lines
  • Castor plates
  • Sliders
  • 278k but 75k on the motor. I found the owner two owners back through FB and confirmed this.
  • PHH bypass already done.
  • New Pads and Rotors
  • Gold Emblems!
The deal I made with the previous owner was that he could keep his wheels and tires so the first change will be adding and wheel tires package. Luckily @AJR had a set of rollers I could use until I get new tires.

View attachment 1884063

View attachment 1884064

View attachment 1884065

The current list for Plans for the future are:
  • Change all fluids.
  • Remove the awful spray can bedliner.
  • 315’s M/T on OEM wheels
  • Rear swing out
  • Remove the 4” rears coils for 3”
  • Remove the interior and deep clean when it get a little warmer.
Those are some cool stickers. I used to live about an hour from Dillon, MT. It’s where I went to buy groceries, and I still have some clothes from the Patagonia outlet there.

Since last April when I sold my LX450 I immediately regretted it. The 100 I replaced it with was awesome but it just never felt the same or filled the void of not having an 80...

I feel you on this. Although I (and especially the wife) love how comfortable the 470 is, I catch myself thinking about getting another 80 in the future.

Make sure you get the correct lugnuts. Acorn (early) vs whatever the later ones are called. Damn my memory today.
"Shouldered" lugs is what I hear everyone calling them. These wheels look like they take the later shouldered style.

AKA "flat washer type" v acorn

Look at mr vee bringin the tech!
Shank style

Congeats on the score Austin. You do amazing acquisition work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom