Builds My Tucson 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did alittle trip report from this weekend and posted it in my LX thread here:

20210731_190826.jpg

It had maybe 3/16ths or so clearance. More progress should happen this week.

Yes, it is all Rustoleum Hunter Green. Some I spray with a gun, some with the can.

I love it. Giving me ideas for one of my other project trucks. Thank you! When you spray are you thinning it at all?

Yes, you have to thin it down to spray it. I have heard it works even better if you add some hardener to it.

Refilled the trans and tcase. Filled and bleed the clutch. Tighten a few fittings to stop the leaks. Seems good now. Been painting some small parts and trying to figure out anything I am missing to finish this build.

20210805_184819.jpg
20210805_184841.jpg

Got the rear harness all cleaned up and re taped. Added new connectors as the originals turned to dust. Installed it in the 40. Tested the various circuits and everything lit up like it should.
Between the 2 front harness I have, it will be pretty easy to make one good one. :smokin:

20210811_163424.jpg
20210811_163431.jpg
20210811_163513.jpg

A few more hurdles conquered. I got the throttle linkage all figured out and working. Had to make a custom bracket to adapt the early carb to the newer style linkage. I also got the main wiring harness all clean, repaired, retaped and ready to install.
Hopefully, hot laps thru the hood in the next week or so.......:steer:

20210815_094158.jpg
20210815_094226.jpg
20210815_164953.jpg

I got the throttle linkage all figured out and working. Had to make a custom bracket to adapt the early carb to the newer style linkage.
As an alternative, you can swap out a few pieces of the old linkage at the end of the throttle shaft with parts from a later carburetor. That way it remains all OEM parts.

As an alternative, you can swap out a few pieces of the old linkage at the end of the throttle shaft with parts from a later carburetor. That way it remains all OEM parts.
For details, see my Post #21 here:

Thanks for the info. I just went with the path of least resistance. Now that I know, I can easily swap out to the oem stuff if I find it. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom