Builds Moe Green - Tilda Bogue Service Station (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the seatbelt retractor. CCOT likely sent you a small 90* bracket. You mount that to the fender at the roll bar. The retractors have to be straight up to flow freely. You have them thinking you are turning over.

IMG_3836.jpeg

I do have those. I assumed they were associated with the rear belts (which I don't plan to install). Thanks!

That should keep it better aligned with top bracket which is mounted on the upper roll bar bracket and should operate smoothly.

If they are or become finicky/takes a few pulls to release so you can buckle the seat belt, it possibly has a piece inside that has broken loose, eventually the retractor will seize up. Mine did that a couple months ago and CCOT sent me a replacement after I described what is happening on a set I had purchased in January.

Honestly - I think I just have the retractors installed in the wrong place. My assumption that they went in the same place as the lap belts is clearly faulty. I'll get them swapped out in the next couple of days and I think the problem will solve itself. Clearly I'm a guy who could benefit from instructions. :doh:

Exactly! If you order both front and back you get a box of parts, nothing else!!!

I cheated and looked at a newer 40 that has the retractor mounted on the roll bar and best guessed from there!!!!!

So part of my dilemma here is whether to do things incorrectly the first time and then be told how to do it right or to ask how to do it in advance. :rolleyes:

Relocated the retractors to a much more logical location using the L brackets in the kit. I also relocated the lap belt to the most rear bolt position.

IMG_5081.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_5083.jpeg

They function perfectly now.

FWIW, this job would take a normal person maybe 30 minutes. Super easy, even if you do it wrong and do it over.

So part of my dilemma here is whether to do things incorrectly the first time and then be told how to do it right or to ask how to do it in advance. :rolleyes:

Relocated the retractors to a much more logical location using the L brackets in the kit. I also relocated the lap belt to the most rear bolt position.

View attachment 3408882
View attachment 3408883
View attachment 3408884

FWIW, this job would take a normal person maybe 30 minutes. Super easy, even if you do it wrong and do it over.
1692814436032.png

(I'm not actually an intellectual)

View attachment 3408882
View attachment 3408883
View attachment 3408884

Does CCOT provide a bracket for roll bar attachment?

Yes - the kit comes with two L brackets (which I used) and two flat brackets (that I didn't use) as well as the nuts and bolts.

I had a set of CCOT lap belts on my first 40. They are a very nice product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom