Massive Metal Shop - New 100 series parts! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mud-1.jpg

CB and Ham antenna bracket options are in stock and shipping! All preorders that included antenna mounts have been shipped. Thanks for your patience!

If you already have the ditch light mount kit, adding an antenna bracket is only 15 bucks!

Any chance you'll dive into the 80 series market? I can send pics and measurements of my 80 hood if you'd like. Or send pictures showing how the mounting bracket would fit on the 80 before I install it on the 100.

Have you think about making mounts for roof light bars? Something that can bolt on the roof rack holes and points towards the front to bolt a LED light bar.

Any chance you'll dive into the 80 series market? I can send pics and measurements of my 80 hood if you'd like. Or send pictures showing how the mounting bracket would fit on the 80 before I install it on the 100.

I do want to make them for 80's but I'd need an actual 80 series that I can mess with. I go back and forth in the R&D process to get it just right. When the time comes I'll ask around and see if any of my 80 buddies have some free time.

Have you think about making mounts for roof light bars? Something that can bolt on the roof rack holes and points towards the front to bolt a LED light bar.

View attachment 1972594

This isn't the first time someone asked about something like this. It's on my list, that's for sure.

I do want to make them for 80's but I'd need an actual 80 series that I can mess with. I go back and forth in the R&D process to get it just right. When the time comes I'll ask around and see if any of my 80 buddies have some free time.

Understood, if you need any assistance I'm always game to help out. I've got a little FDM 3D printer in the garage that can pump out fit check parts.

Alrighty, parts came in the mail today. They look great, my only complaints are that the edges weren't cleaned up after cut, so they are still a bit sharp and I'd really like to have washers under the bolt heads that mount the main bracket to the hood.

Otherwise, they look great and I really dig them. Going to dress up the edges a bit with a scotch brite roloc and grab some extra stainless washers and get it installed this evening. I don't have my radio yet, but I have everything else so I can get started on install.

For anyone installing, mark the hinge bracket on the hood before you pull the fasteners off, it’ll move around and the marks will help you re-align. Fitup is great!

I goofed and ordered the NMO mount but needed the CB mount for the PL-259 type mount

Last edited:
Alrighty, parts came in the mail today. They look great, my only complaints are that the edges weren't cleaned up after cut, so they are still a bit sharp and I'd really like to have washers under the bolt heads that mount the main bracket to the hood.

Otherwise, they look great and I really dig them. Going to dress up the edges a bit with a scotch brite roloc and grab some extra stainless washers and get it installed this evening. I don't have my radio yet, but I have everything else so I can get started on install.

For anyone installing, mark the hinge bracket on the hood before you pull the fasteners off, it’ll move around and the marks will help you re-align. Fitup is great!

I goofed and ordered the NMO mount but needed the CB mount for the PL-259 type mount

Thanks for the feedback!

I will have a talk with the laser cutter and see what they can do about tuning up their setup. I did notice some sharp edges but only on a portion of the pieces. I'm guessing it was near the end of my batch that consumables needed replacement.

Through years of weathering, my hood hinges made a visible outline that I used to line things up when tightening the bolts.

Just in case you haven't already gone to the hardware store, I'll throw in a some extra washers with your current order that's going out tomorrow!

Got these installed today. Nice brackets which have me a great excuse to get rid of the black rear spoiler and install some Rigid lights.

1043605A-679B-4196-A0FD-BEEFF1579E1C.png

16DB8584-273F-4EA2-88B7-E7691191CA20.jpeg

26414B3B-0A46-4152-AA24-9448E54C4D8C.jpeg

E3E78055-B924-49CD-AC79-9D095FFEDDC4.jpeg

Awesome man! Those Rigid pods must be super bright. Glad you like the mount kit!
Nice work on the mounts. Yeah, they’re the diffuse pods which spread light nicely for night camp. I painted the brackets with spray engine enamel semi gloss black. I’ve got to touch ‘em up a bit after install, but they do look great.

How about an SAS swap kit??

Think it'll be easier to wait a little longer for 105 front halves to start coming over. Easier on my back anyway.

Alright, so I got the CB mount and ended up needing to open up the hole to 5/8" to accomodate the PL-259 antenna mount that I had. (I should have just gone with an NMO cable assembly but I already ordered all the stuff and have it in hand). No big deal, but good info for those who want to use the Diamond C213 SMA cable since a 5/8" drill bit isn't super common kit in the DIY garage.

Will post pics when I get everything buttoned up, hopefully will be routing the cables this afternoon.

I saw that truck in his shop last week before he left for Overland Expo. I thought those light mounts looked familiar!

Nice job! Which Diamond antenna is that?

Maybe on the next batch I'll add a zip tie slot along the rear edge.

Ziptie slot would be a great addition! I may end up drilling a hole to route the cable along the back. I'll get a picture of the cable routing under the hood, I put a small cable clip between the two bolts.

Antenna is a DMN-NR770HB, I can't comment on how it works yet, but it did get a lot of good reviews for use on 2m/70cm bands. One thing to note, I needed to open up the "CB hole" to 5/8" to mount the cable assembly, which is a Diamond C213SMA.

My yaesu radio has been backordered for a few weeks, I am really hoping it shows up end of the week so I an get it setup on saturday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom