Massive Metal Shop - New 100 series parts! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reznunt

Massive Metal Shop
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
massivemetalshop.com
Hey everyone,

I've started my own little online shop with new parts coming out soon, mostly geared towards 100 series cruisers. I dubbed it Massive Metal Shop (wishful thinking). My goal is to put out high quality parts that people want and enjoy using, but I am tired of dealing with unreliable shops, owners, middlemen, and just purely shady people in general. I mean, you can only really count on yourself, right? So to that effect MMS was born and my soon-to-be offerings will all be my original designs. It's a great benefit to have full autonomy from conception through production as well as every other aspect of a business.

Hopefully you guys will like what you see coming from the shop! I'm a one-man show but I'll do my absolute best in every aspect of the business. Thanks!

Browse this thread for more info on these products:

100DLMK-3.jpg

100DLMK-14.jpg

100HCV-14.jpg

magnamount-1.jpg

Last edited:
CONGRATS! What are some of the things you'll be making?

Thanks!!!

I'll post the first product in a bit... a rear hatch light mount kit. It's already finalized and in production and should start shipping in under two weeks. It's viewable on the live web site now.

I have a few product ideas in development but I want to wait until they're nearly done before unveiling them. I really want to make WIY kits but I'm not sure this is the platform for that. So mostly bolt on stuff, and mostly items that aren't already offered by other vendors. The sky's the limit!

Last edited:
Here's an idea. Fabricate a bracket to be welded onto the frame to fix those of us whose right front stabilizer bar connection has completely rusted away and disconnected from the frame.

Weld on sway bar mounts? That's interesting. That will definitely be on my list. I've seen a few people on here with that issue.

Cool product. So do the factory rivnuts come all the way out and then use bolts supplies in the kit to put back in the same holes?

One of my rivnuts just spins and I cannot get it out. I am going to have to try to pry it up and cut it out somehow. But if I had a pair of these brackets it would motivate me to do it. ;)

Cool product. So do the factory rivnuts come all the way out and then use bolts supplies in the kit to put back in the same holes?

One of my rivnuts just spins and I cannot get it out. I am going to have to try to pry it up and cut it out somehow. But if I had a pair of these brackets it would motivate me to do it. ;)

The factory rivnuts would stay in place and the supplied hardware threads into those rivnuts.

There should be a couple of threads with some ideas on removing a spinning rivnut. If it were me I would remove the interior trim and find access (or create access) to the back of the rivnut.

The first product in the shop is the 100 Series Rear Hatch Light Mount Kit. The prototype kit is shown above. It allows for the installation of auxiliary lights on the rear hatch without the need for a roof rack or other attachment points. This kit will also be great for those of you that have a low profile roof rack and don't have the room underneath to install your lights, or can't or don't want to install the lights on top of the rack. These mounts keep them nice and low, and the rack completely flat and useful.

Super simple install... bolts to the rivnuts that held in the rear wind deflector that broke off or was removed (sorry, LX guys). Features include fully adjustable slotted L brackets for various mounting options, optional inboard/outboard mounting, zero to 90-degree mounting angle to accomodate lights with minimal adjustment, full stainless steel with stainless hardware kit included. The complete kit includes a pair of mounts for both driver and passenger sides. Introductory kit price is $95 shipped (until the first small batch is sold out). After that the regular price will be $125 shipped. The design is finalized and production is underway. You can order them on the site now but they won't ship for about another week and a half.

Prototype pics:

Last edited:
That's really cool!

Are there already holes in the upper hatch or did you have to drill to attach the brackets? Mine has a factory spoiler installed in that location so I am unfamiliar what it looks like underneath the spoiler.

By the way, the link you posted is broken!

Thanks, fixed!

That's really cool!

Are there already holes in the upper hatch or did you have to drill to attach the brackets? Mine has a factory spoiler installed in that location so I am unfamiliar what it looks like underneath the spoiler.

This kit is for the guys that have/had the rear wind deflector rivnuts in their rear hatch already. If you don't have the rivnuts, this kit isn't for you. I guess you could install rivnuts, but no one would drill holes in their hatch just to install lights. This kit is for using the existing rivnuts in a useful way instead of them just being an eyesore.

I've never looked under and 06+ spoiler but I'm guessing you won't have the rear wind deflector rivnuts in your hatch.

Hi, do you have the ability to bend and fabricate pipes?
Test pipes (aka cat deletes) to replace the catalytic converter would be a popular item for those of us in non-EPA test states...
Thanks!

Hi, do you have the ability to bend and fabricate pipes?
Test pipes (aka cat deletes) to replace the catalytic converter would be a popular item for those of us in non-EPA test states...
Thanks!

I looked into something like this and the few shops that laser cut and bend tube only want to do large quantity runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom