LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hah!

I'm with a 20mm spacer and probably an extra 250lbs in mods at stock height. I don't have any trouble getting into L.

Based on your mods, I think you're roughly with the same added weight? I can't completely say 10mm more spacer wouldn't have any negative affect to low. But I doubt it would.

If it did, then just sensor lift 10mm and you should be set.

I'm at a fairly similar weight, yes. I figure my drawer system is in the ~170lb range, and I've got another 70-100lbs of gear. Plus an 80lb dog most of the time.

Will have the spacers installed and report back.

Has anyone done the 30mm in rear AND front?

I actually bought the 30mm spacer based on your earlier posts :).

I got 1 1/4" out of the sensor lift.

Do you figure there would be any downsides to installing the 30mm spacer at stock ride height? Perhaps trouble going into the low mode?

Did you get an alignment after adjusting? I’m just surprised because I literally didn’t notice any change in driving dynamics.

Did you get an alignment after adjusting? I’m just surprised because I literally didn’t notice any change in driving dynamics.

No alignment yet. I tend to push it quite hard in tight corners, so that's likely why I quickly noted the difference. I might learn to live with it, or might not.

Booked for an oil service and spacer install this Friday. Will drive around for another week or so after that and then decide how I want to proceed. Current tires are heavily worn, so I don't care if the potential misalignment (current specs) puts some extra wear on them.

No alignment yet. I tend to push it quite hard in tight corners, so that's likely why I quickly noted the difference. I might learn to live with it, or might not.

Booked for an oil service and spacer install this Friday. Will drive around for another week or so after that and then decide how I want to proceed. Current tires are heavily worn, so I don't care if the potential misalignment (current specs) puts some extra wear on them.

From my experience, my truck was pretty squirrelly (scientific term) for the 3-4 days before I got an alignment. But it’s also possible I’m just not noticing something. I drive like a grandpa most of the time.

Was looking for where the Lexus stereo amplifier was located and found an FSM book I hadn't opened before. It has a nice 15 page synopsis of how the AHC works, with some pretty good detail and diagrams.

Attachments

• LX570 Overview AHC.pdf
    266.6 KB · Views: 555
^Nice! I've read it before but couldn't find it again when I went looking for it. Thank you!

The front just needs some 1 inch soacers made to go through the shock eyelett and lower mount, the back probavly about 1.5 inchs and some lc200 coil spacers and space the bump stops down.

Essentially raising the hieght of the lower shock mounts, alternatively for the front you could use 25mm strut spacers, just cut a small slot in them to fit the ahc hose between it and undo the four bolts holding assemble slide space in bolt back up.

Last edited:
I only moved the front sensors up to even out the rake, and ever since I've noticed the rig abruptly drops when the system decides to auto-level. I skimmed all 14 pages of this thread, and didn't come across anyone having this issue.

Should I go ahead and lift the rears to see if that evens things out?
Also, has anyone played with the "height offset utility"? is this a way to perform a sensor lift without actually moving the sensors?

Here are the relevant readouts in techstream (lo, hi, normal)...

IMG_6049.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is like this too. Always has been. Perhaps you are more sensitive to it post adjusting?

Just wanted to double check with you guys before i do this. I have read that in the front there is a sensor on each side, and that the rear just has 1 total. However, when i looked under my LX (2008) i found what looks to be 2 sensors, 1 on each side.

In the link are two short videos, can someone look at it for me and confirm that i am looking at the right thing? One video is the front and other/longer video is for what i think are the rear sensors. So i slide the bolt down in the front, and up in the rear?? Do i have it zoomed in on the right bolt?

Thank you for your time.

yes, you are correct. 4 sensors, fronts move down to the bottom of the bracket and i believe the rears move all the way to the top. I only moved my fronts to even out the "rake". Currently, i'm playing with techstream and the offset utility tool, and i should have some good info on that soon.

Just wanted to double check with you guys before i do this. I have read that in the front there is a sensor on each side, and that the rear just has 1 total. However, when i looked under my LX (2008) i found what looks to be 2 sensors, 1 on each side.

In the link are two short videos, can someone look at it for me and confirm that i am looking at the right thing? One video is the front and other/longer video is for what i think are the rear sensors. So i slide the bolt down in the front, and up in the rear?? Do i have it zoomed in on the right bolt?

Thank you for your time.
470 has one rear, the 570 has two rears

Thanks guys. I am waiting to get Techstream myself and can't wait to mess with it!

Sorry if its been posted already, but did anyone see this 570 that used tundra components and tundra BDS lift kit parts while maintaining AHC?

Sorry if its been posted already, but did anyone see this 570 that used tundra components and tundra BDS lift kit parts while maintaining AHC?

Yea, I spoke with him earlier this week, it's a little more involved than just adding the Tundra front end parts and lift brackets. Very cool that it can be done but it will require sourcing those parts and then modifying things in the front and rear. It is nice to know that it can be done.

Yea, I spoke with him earlier this week, it's a little more involved than just adding the Tundra front end parts and lift brackets. Very cool that it can be done but it will require sourcing those parts and then modifying things in the front and rear. It is nice to know that it can be done.

I figured simply bolting on tundra parts was a little too good to be true for a LX lift. Like you said, awesome seeing someone take that initiative to make it work.

I only moved the front sensors up to even out the rake, and ever since I've noticed the rig abruptly drops when the system decides to auto-level. I skimmed all 14 pages of this thread, and didn't come across anyone having this issue.

Should I go ahead and lift the rears to see if that evens things out?
Also, has anyone played with the "height offset utility"? is this a way to perform a sensor lift without actually moving the sensors?

Here are the relevant readouts in techstream (lo, hi, normal)...

View attachment 2153886
View attachment 2153888
Did you ever figured out reason why it drops abruptly? Im asking because mine is doing that but only when I am in High. I have not done sensor lift yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom