LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive been searching around and have read mention of people adjusting the AHC to set the truck height higher but I haven't seen any tutorial about it. I looked under the truck at the sensors and it looks like there is room for adjustment. I am really just hoping to raise the front end to remove the rake. Well id like to raise it all if possible but i'll settle for just taking out the rake. ha Just don't want to mess it up as i know these systems can be finicky....any help would be awesome.

Whoever comes up with the solution to this issue will be a popular guy on this forum.

Hell, I'd settle just for a level in the front.

Agreed. Searching for the same info recently. Mostly focused on options for taking out the rake, but would love to also know if there is a way to lock in the Hi position the way the 470's could via AHC override.

Sounds like there may be sensor adjustment / Techstream options but not sure what it entails, much less pros/cons. Also saw this thread which seemed to indicate potential challenges with that approach (sensor adjustment): LX570 Lean/Sag

Might the OEM LC strut spacer (P/N 43136-60020) level out the front but allow the AHC to function normally?

Personally, I never saw the draw of putting the AHC system statically in H. The beauty of the AHC system is to have ideal height and suspension geometry for the use at hand. Sure, a mild sensor adjustment for mild lift and/or rake, but not static H.

While I can't confirm specifically on the LX570 platform, adjusting the sensors should do the trick a la LX470. Though you'll want to be conservative with this adjustment, as when you do want to run H, that the system does not peg the suspension out without any droop left, as that would make H less useful.

Given the advantages (and I do mean advantages) of AHC being able to dynamically run various heights, I would take a different approach than the static suspension guys. Get your lift elsewhere! Run a tall tire, like a 33-35, as this platform easily handles it. Run a mild body lift, .5" - 1". This will give you the same visual lift that you might be looking for.

This kind of lift will be way more functional than the static 2" lift guys. The 2" lift guys only really have 2" unloaded, with maaaaybe 1" packed for a trip. AHC is constant height even with load, which means real lift, when needed. On the order of 5"+ when pairing 35s and 1" body lift, combined with AHC lift.

I would bet that a rig with 35s at an optimal near factory suspension height, would run rings around handling wise, a rig with 32's and static 2" lift. That's because when lifted, the handling is just down right sloppy with ill suspension angles, caster, roll-steer, etc. You might have tried this yourself by driving aggressively in the parking lot while in H.

Personally, I never saw the draw of putting the AHC system statically in H. The beauty of the AHC system is to have ideal height and suspension geometry for the use at hand. Sure, a mild sensor adjustment for mild lift and/or rake, but not static H.

While I can't confirm specifically on the LX570 platform, adjusting the sensors should do the trick a la LX470. Though you'll want to be conservative with this adjustment, as when you do want to run H, that the system does not peg the suspension out without any droop left, as that would make H less useful.

Given the advantages (and I do mean advantages) of AHC being able to dynamically run various heights, I would take a different approach than the static suspension guys. Get your lift elsewhere! Run a tall tire, like a 33-35, as this platform easily handles it. Run a mild body lift, .5" - 1". This will give you the same visual lift that you might be looking for.

This kind of lift will be way more functional than the static 2" lift guys. The 2" lift guys only really have 2" unloaded, with maaaaybe 1" packed for a trip. AHC is constant height even with load, which means real lift, when needed. On the order of 5"+ when pairing 35s and 1" body lift, combined with AHC lift.

I would bet that a rig with 35s at an optimal near factory suspension height, would run rings around handling wise, a rig with 32's and static 2" lift. That's because when lifted, the handling is just down right sloppy with ill suspension angles, caster, roll-steer, etc. You might have tried this yourself by driving aggressively in the parking lot while in H.
I agree with you in the fact that I don't want to lose the advantages oh AHC but I am running a 34" tire and it needs a little more, especially because of the rake.
I've debated a tundra front spacer lift to eliminate the rake, but that may create a problem with the hydraulic line not having enough height to reach the strut. If that is so, then could we find/make an adapter to just raise the hydraulic line to meet strut? I've never seen a diagram of what that fitting actually looks like. Anyone have a spare strut sitting around?

Agreed. Searching for the same info recently. Mostly focused on options for taking out the rake, but would love to also know if there is a way to lock in the Hi position the way the 470's could via AHC override.

Sounds like there may be sensor adjustment / Techstream options but not sure what it entails, much less pros/cons. Also saw this thread which seemed to indicate potential challenges with that approach (sensor adjustment): LX570 Lean/Sag

Might the OEM LC strut spacer (P/N 43136-60020) level out the front but allow the AHC to function normally?
Does anyone know the height of that spacer?

I agree with you in the fact that I don't want to lose the advantages oh AHC but I am running a 34" tire and it needs a little more, especially because of the rake.
I've debated a tundra front spacer lift to eliminate the rake, but that may create a problem with the hydraulic line not having enough height to reach the strut. If that is so, then could we find/make an adapter to just raise the hydraulic line to meet strut? I've never seen a diagram of what that fitting actually looks like. Anyone have a spare strut sitting around?

So do you have any rubbing with the 34 inch tire? As I am hopefully picking my new to me 08 lx570 today. First thing I am doing is getting rid of those ugly 20 inches rims and getting some real tires. Thanks!!!

34's!? We need pictures! I love seeing LX's with aggressive tires.

What size tire and where is it rubbing? If it's rubbing the liner anywhere, even with a mild lift, it'll still rub in those spots when the suspension is articulated.

I did a little research and may have found something; please correct me if I'm wrong. Below is a picture of the LX570 'Front Spring & Shock Absorber' where the OEM top plate spacer is present, part 43136-60020.

AHC Front Suspension.png

This is a different diagram from the Land Cruiser due to the presence of the suspension pressure control hoses at the very top, parts PNC 49161C and PNC 49162B.

This spacer is for sale on Lexus parts websites. A couple links are below:

SPACER, FRONT SPRING. FRONT SPRING & SHOCK ABSORBER for 2008 LEXUS LX570. #4313660020

43136-60020 - Genuine Lexus SPACER, FR SPRING

Spacer, Front Spring | Genuine Lexus | 43136-60020 : Lexus Parts | lexusofenglewood.com

Could this work with the LX570?

Without dealing with AHC and the sensors directly, I don't believe the spacer will get you anymore height.

Without dealing with AHC and the sensors directly, I don't believe the spacer will get you anymore height.

Are you saying the AHC would lower the vehicle back down? How would it know its higher than it was? If thats the case I am not giving this system enough credit.

So do you have any rubbing with the 34 inch tire? As I am hopefully picking my new to me 08 lx570 today. First thing I am doing is getting rid of those ugly 20 inches rims and getting some real tires. Thanks!!!

There was some rubbing, i trimmed the fender liners and the front mud flaps. That took care of it.

34's!? We need pictures! I love seeing LX's with aggressive tires.

What size tire and where is it rubbing? If it's rubbing the liner anywhere, even with a mild lift, it'll still rub in those spots when the suspension is articulated.

Here are some I snagged just now in the driveway...Ill get some proper ones soon. High and Normal

1.jpg

2.jpg

Are you saying the AHC would lower the vehicle back down? How would it know its higher than it was? If thats the case I am not giving this system enough credit.

Yes. If it's anything like the LX470 system which I'm very familiar with. Though take it with a grain of salt as I've not wrenched on the LX570 just yet.

There are sensors that tell the system the position of the A-arm relative to the chassis. It know the target height it wants. Anything you do to the spring/spacer is only changing the preload on the spring system. The AHC will compensate and you'll then be at the same height.

DeckerT4R, that looks great! Helps my personal decision on what size to get. Oh, and moar full car photos!

Last edited:
Yes. If it's anything like the LX470 system which I'm very familiar with. Though take it with a grain of salt as I've not wrenched on the LX570 just yet.

There are sensors that tell the system the position of the lower A-arm relative to the chassis. It know the target height it wants. Anything you do to the spring/spacer is only changing the preload on the spring system. The AHC will compensate and you'll then be at the same height.

DeckerT4R, that looks great! Helps my personal decision on what size to get. Oh, and moar full car photos!

Thanks! And will do. I have a few more goodies going on soon. Then pics:)

I understand what you're saying about the a-arm position. That makes sense. Since you are versed in the lx470 system... Can those be lifted by adjusting the sensors in each corner? The sensors on the 570 all are in a slot that I would assume could be adjusted. Just curious if this is the route they go in the 470. Thanks!

Thanks! And will do. I have a few more goodies going on soon. Then pics:)

I understand what you're saying about the a-arm position. That makes sense. Since you are versed in the lx470 system... Can those be lifted by adjusting the sensors in each corner? The sensors on the 570 all are in a slot that I would assume could be adjusted. Just curious if this is the route they go in the 470. Thanks!

When I did it on my 99 LX470, it was not all four corners. It was the rear was one shot. You had to raise both sides individually on the front. IIRC....

Last edited:
You got me curious enough to peek under the wheel wells. Indeed, it is setup similar to the LX470 sensors with a sensor at the upper a-arm. A similar procedure should allow you do to an easy AHC leveling of the front end, or lift all around. - AHC Sensor Adjustment for Lift

AHC.jpg

Good to know. Time for some research into the LX470 lift method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom