LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In, prefer aluminum or stainless.

Sam

Sam, stainless will not be an option and aluminum is either cast or cut from a block of aluminum. We are pricing both aluminum and molded poly-carbonate.

sub. I have a set of Glass Lens housings sitting in boxes waiting for a retrofit.

That is correct....the picture in the first post and below shows the D2S 4.0 projector mounted in the prototype bracket. You linked the kit which includes a shroud which may not work in the LX. The plan is to offer two brackets, one for the D2S 4.0.. which will require trimming the OEM shroud due to the 3 inch 4.0 projector. Once i have the final prototype in hand I'm going to install them and get a handle on how much the factory shroud needs to be trimmed and if there is a optional shroud similar to the one in the kit that might work if needed.
The second bracket will fit the Mini H1 7.0 ....this should be a straight forward install using the OEM shroud and you won't have to trim the shroud so it's pretty much plug and play. We might also offer one for the TSX but i need a projector which I'm trying to source.

I should have a final prototype sometime tomorrow. I asked the designer to beef up attachment points and he just indicated it should be finished tomorrow ...it's a pretty complex design so he actually 3D scan the whole headlight assembly so he could model it on the computer.

img_0844-jpg.1421204

great. I'll just hold off on clicking on the purchase button until you figure out if we could use another shroud instead of the OEM shroud. Really looking forward to this design and appreciate the work you're putting in for us. Really excited.

wait, so you're not doing a tsx projector bracket now? or will you have one that is universal?

Last edited:
wait, so you're not doing a tsx projector bracket now? or will you have one that is universal?

I will do the TSX but I need to source a projector to check the fit. The TSX projector in pictures appears to flare out so it would require it's own bracket.

Last edited:
I'm glad I procrastinated on doing HID upgrade. Interested to see how this turns out. Anyone know what year LX's come with glass lenses? Mine (2003) are plastic, and showing their age. Might make the swap while doing this.

Hell of an option. :clap:

This is the best upgrade I have done.

I'm glad I procrastinated on doing HID upgrade. Interested to see how this turns out. Anyone know what year LX's come with glass lenses? Mine (2003) are plastic, and showing their age. Might make the swap while doing this.

I don't believe OEM headlights ever did glass lenses
Hell of an option. :clap:

This is the best upgrade I have done.

I agree... did my 80 and trying to make it easier for others to follow with these brackets.

Update.. the poly carbonate version is getting printed tonight and I'm working on a jig to open up the OEM shroud with a laminate trim bit for a nice clean round cut for those looking to run the D2S 4.0

I don't believe OEM headlights ever did glass lenses

I agree... did my 80 and trying to make it easier for others to follow with these brackets.

Update.. the poly carbonate version is getting printed tonight and I'm working on a jig to open up the OEM shroud with a laminate trim bit for a nice clean round cut for those looking to run the D2S 4.0
Yes and yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom