LX450 3" OME lift. Can it be lowered to stock height with same shocks?

• Thread starter 5speedHDJ81
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
5speedHDJ81

5speedHDJ81

Hi guys. There's a Lexus LX450 for sale near me for a good price. It has brand new small tires on it and an OME 3" lift.
So, I already own an HDJ81 for off road, thinking of buying this for a winter runner and putting the stock coils back in. Anyone done this?
Will the shocks be too long for stock height and bottom out with regular on road, mostly, driving?
Thanks Guys!

D

Djtc

Hi guys. There's a Lexus LX450 for sale near me for a good price. It has brand new small tires on it and an OME 3" lift.
So, I already own an HDJ81 for off road, thinking of buying this for a winter runner and putting the stock coils back in. Anyone done this?
Will the shocks be too long for stock height and bottom out with regular on road, mostly, driving?
Thanks Guys!
Good deal in bathurst! If i was closer i would scoop it up

zapatius

zapatius

SILVER Star
Could always sell the shocks with coils and get new Toyota shocks for cheap.

Reactions: CSA
5speedHDJ81

5speedHDJ81

yeah man it is, has me tempted as fck. looks rusty underneath but for that price even if it only lasted 5 years legally on the road you're looking at years of fun off road after that..

5speedHDJ81

5speedHDJ81

Thanks for the info guys, I figured they might be too long. The stock shocks are included in the price with the stock coils, maybe they're still usable.

5speedHDJ81

5speedHDJ81

btw you're never too far away for a great deal, I bought my last 2 vehicles from Toronto :) The HDJ and my honda crosstour. Only cars that aren't rusted to s*** here are ones that hibernate in a garage for the winter..

JohnVee

JohnVee

SILVER Star
The stock Toyota shocks are remarkably affordable if you want to go that route.

D

Djtc

btw you're never too far away for a great deal, I bought my last 2 vehicles from Toronto :) The HDJ and my honda crosstour. Only cars that aren't rusted to s*** here are ones that hibernate in a garage for the winter..
I know i bought one of my hdj81 in peggys cove, just a bad timing right now. We should be moving to NS next year with our 2 cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom