LX 470 leather seat replacements (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its all good. I have a tendency to be a blunt, I should have explained why in my initial comment. I just don't see the point in leather when LSeat isn't durable and Ridies sounds like train wreck with the wrong J channels and horrible customer service. There's not a great option unless you want to spend $1500-$2000 for 2 seats. I would be interested in yours but my truck has the oak interior. Cheers
IMO Ridies that I installed were great. They were shipped lightening fast (5 business days to my door)! Leather is better quality than what Lexus put on my truck originally, has leather on all sides (unlike LSeat or even OEM) and the fit and finish is definitely a step above OEM.
The only issue was with the J channel which is actually not a big deal, I just tucked them under the rear metal bar and it has not moved ever since.

Here's what mine look like. I am impressed how well they fit and how easy they were to install despite this being my first time!
20220701_155633.jpg
20220728_172810.jpg

Those do look great and you must be far more patient than me. Originally I had planned on doing it myself. Lets hope I'm not making a mistake because I'm already in with the upholstery guy

Those do look great and you must be far more patient than me. Originally I had planned on doing it myself. Lets hope I'm not making a mistake because I'm already in with the upholstery guy
What's your upholstery guy want? Mine wants $650 for labor.

No, I had them made in "leatherette". Feels and looks like the original and the color match is perfect. $325 per seat total to make the covers and put them on

What's your upholstery guy want? Mine wants $650 for labor.
For a first time diy with full steaming and learning as I went (there was nothing here at the time). It took me about twenty hours for the first two rows. That’s taking the seats into the basement and figuring it all out and moving slow. I did as well or better than any pro. What’s your time worth? I have to do my driver seat bottom and foam in a newer lx I have and fully expect a two hour job start to finish.

I'm getting ready to redo my seats. What is the j channel issue with the Ridies? Thank you

I'm getting ready to redo my seats. What is the j channel issue with the Ridies? Thank you

No, I had them made in "leatherette". Feels and looks like the original and the color match is perfect. $325 per seat total to make the covers and put them on

Where did you have them done? Price is right and look great. I'm on the north side of ATL and have no problem heading to Chattanooga for nice work.

Yessir! The overall fit is pretty good no real complaints on my end except the armrest and center console. The manufacturer sent me the wrong pattern, but have sent a replacement that's should be here in a few days.

The materials are very nice. I can say that I'm very happy with final product. May end up pulling the seats again to play with the fitment in the rear but that's more of an error on my end.

View attachment 2483833

View attachment 2483835

View attachment 2483837
Any update on these long term? Considering ordering them, but I've only seen maybe one or two people with these covers IRL. Thanks

Any update on these long term? Considering ordering them, but I've only seen maybe one or two people with these covers IRL. Thanks
Bumping this thread since I'm also interested in longevity of their leather from users that have it for some time, also type of use (kids, dogs, offroad), weather factors that might deteriorate leather faster (I'm in FL, so 9 months of the year it's humid and over 85F).

Yesterday I asked the upholstery place we use for our dealership's repairs, they quoted me $1500-1600 for 2 rows done in vinyl, or $500 to install 2 rows of prefab kit, so I'm leaning towards leather, mostly because I sweat a good amount, but never had an issue with my original seats, even in peak summer I didn't feel sticky, but vinyl is brutal, maybe not so much if perforated is used.

Mine is an LC, was thinking about ordering the perforated for the leather, which in the LX's like Jalopy's it looks right in place, but didn't see how it'll look in the square LC pattern. Gray, BTW, if it matters..

This is a pretty big budget decision for me since I'll combine it with new paint for my hood and roof, and being a metallic 1D2 I'll have to blend into fenders, bumper and some pillars, AND my timing belt is due soon, got a new oem axle yesterday, and some squeaky bushings replaced, so a big $$ bump this year, and it's only March 1st!
A wise decision on the choice of seat upholstery is in order, some guidance is needed from this community!
Thanks.

P.

I have an 06 LC. I still have the original leather everywhere except the driver / passenger seat bottoms. The PO replaced these with Vinyl and I do not like it for the reasons mentioned above. If I end up redoing all of the seats, I would do leather, perforated.

My 2 cents, I recently moved to a new area, found a good auto shop, asked them who could do the seats and sent me to a local shop. They had 100s of color options, matched my seat bottoms, ordered and they finished them a week later in one day, under $500, custom.

B81500E4-9B73-4802-B0E3-68B92CBDF5B8.jpeg

I am about to pull the trigger on the Ridies for a 2002 LX470 I just purchased. How do I know which variant on the site it the right color? My LX is interior code LF40 (Tan) and the exterior is the White Pearl Tri-coat metallic.

Hi all, I did my leather seats myself. Hog ring pliers and a lot of time. I ordered my matching set from Leather seats.com and they sent me leather samples to pick from. where I could get the closet match. I ordered 1st and 2nd row seats. now the front seats teach you how, the 60/40 seats second row, the next is the right 40 seat, use lessons learned from the fronts and a little more learning to do that seat, a helper is nice to gave on this one. Last the rear one, 60% left, it having a seat belt in the middle and hog rings both top and bottom make it hardest of them all. Again have a helper makes it alot easier.

IMG_2577.jpeg

IMG_2579 2.jpeg

IMG_2447.jpeg

IMG_2453.jpeg

IMG_2459.jpeg

part 2, I ordered extra material for the center console, removed the console and took to an Upholstery Shop paid 80 bucks to re foam and recover. Front seats Leather, rear leather, and sides vinyl. Arm rests, head rests covers all came in my kit. The kit 4-6 weeks to make and ship to me. No complaints, the Original seats had a curved bow these did not, minor change but they worked and fit pretty darn good.

D3EF36E2-926C-4532-B379-DC956274655C.jpg

C020A1ED-E094-4B4D-BA23-D2BEA826538C.jpg

I am about to pull the trigger on the Ridies for a 2002 LX470 I just purchased. How do I know which variant on the site it the right color? My LX is interior code LF40 (Tan) and the exterior is the White Pearl Tri-coat metallic.
Ask them for sample, they will send all of their colors, takes a week. I just ordered front/2nd row from them. Initially I was thinking front row only, but there is no 100% match, so they will be different. I went with completely different brown color for my set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom