LX 470 leather seat replacements (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a cost effective option for those searching the forum. Just installed the Iggee synthetic leather in beige tonight after work. Took both seats out and installed in the living room, start to finish 1 hour! 4 14mm bolts, and 1 electric pig tail on each seat. $185 shipped btw
BFDFF03C-B866-4892-857D-6EF51CD545AB.jpeg
3E10D064-614B-4FC2-9699-C5DFF7B50411.jpeg

Can you please post link to the merchant selling that product. Looks to be a decent compromise.
Does it get hot in the summer in same way as leather ?

Can you please post link to the merchant selling that product. Looks to be a decent compromise.
Does it get hot in the summer in same way as leather ?

They have not been on 24 hrs yet so I can not answer that yet, will update in a couple of days.

I am in south Louisiana too, so no matter what material, getting in the car is like an oven everyday!

They have not been on 24 hrs yet so I can not answer that yet, will update in a couple of days.

I am in south Louisiana too, so no matter what material, getting in the car is like an oven everyday!

Also in this sweltering armpit, I ordered the perforated leather replacements from Ridies yesterday, hoping the perforations help it breath somewhat vs the non.

Here is a cost effective option for those searching the forum. Just installed the Iggee synthetic leather in beige tonight after work. Took both seats out and installed in the living room, start to finish 1 hour! 4 14mm bolts, and 1 electric pig tail on each seat. $185 shipped btw
View attachment 2409994View attachment 2409993
But why? Your seats before looked fine!
All joking aside, those look great. Good option for ones that don't want to spend 3 times that much.

Also in this sweltering armpit, I ordered the perforated leather replacements from Ridies yesterday, hoping the perforations help it breath somewhat vs the non.

pics when done please

Found a new option that have 3 tiers of seat covers depending on the material. I want to say price ranges from 250-450 for all 5 seats including arm rest and center console. Hoping to have these installed soon to give additional thoughts.

The company is called MW Brothers in Italy. They make everything to order, so it took roughly month and half to receive. Their customer service was an awesome experience. After I purchased, they reached out to verify the pattern, color, stitch, armrest/console design (us vs euro spec).

Found a new option that have 3 tiers of seat covers depending on the material. I want to say price ranges from 250-450 for all 5 seats including arm rest and center console. Hoping to have these installed soon to give additional thoughts.

The company is called MW Brothers in Italy. They make everything to order, so it took roughly month and half to receive. Their customer service was an awesome experience. After I purchased, they reached out to verify the pattern, color, stitch, armrest/console design (us vs euro spec).

Nice, cant wait to see it.

Any update on install?

Yessir! The overall fit is pretty good no real complaints on my end except the armrest and center console. The manufacturer sent me the wrong pattern, but have sent a replacement that's should be here in a few days.

The materials are very nice. I can say that I'm very happy with final product. May end up pulling the seats again to play with the fitment in the rear but that's more of an error on my end.

IMG_20200914_173853.jpg

IMG_20200914_173909.jpg

IMG_20200913_145347.jpg

Yessir! The overall fit is pretty good no real complaints on my end except the armrest and center console. The manufacturer sent me the wrong pattern, but have sent a replacement that's should be here in a few days.

The materials are very nice. I can say that I'm very happy with final product. May end up pulling the seats again to play with the fitment in the rear but that's more of an error on my end.

View attachment 2483833

View attachment 2483835

View attachment 2483837
OK I am sold! Very very nice! Can I get the specifics to order same set for my LX470

OK I am sold! Very very nice! Can I get the specifics to order same set for my LX470

Here's their FB, check out their website for the different tiers and shoot them an email. They have more colors than their websites shows. Email and messenger worked best, MW Brothers responded within 1-2 days. Make sure to tell them that you have a US spec landcruiser

I see the brothers seat covers are airbag compatible...checks 1 of my boxes.

Affordability box seems to be checked.

Remaining box is breathability as sick of sweating in factory leather. Any guidance/opinions on this point?

I see the brothers seat covers are airbag compatible...checks 1 of my boxes.

Affordability box seems to be checked.

Remaining box is breathability as sick of sweating in factory leather. Any guidance/opinions on this point?
Unfortunately not much experience on that front yet. With all of this Covid nonsense, and multiple projects flying around the garage, I haven't really had much of an opportunity to take my LX out and about.

With that said, judging by the materials, I don't expect it to be too crazy of an issue. I'd imagaine the alcantara along the center to be more breathable and less prone to swampiness than the stock leather. But I will report back once I have a few longs trips in them

Hello everyone. I am manager of MW Brothers. Our buyer SDIAZ send me link for this review and we have some request in our email today.
So i am here to answer about your qestions and help get good seat covers!

1) at first, dear SDIAZ - in photos of install i see that you not pulled enough covers. please pull it down more. Do not afraid damage covers- its impossible.
i can make pointers of the direction of pull in the photo, if necessary. Also, the cover needs to be slightly smoothed with your hands and it will take the shape of a seat.

2) We use original italian alcantara in central for "breathe" the seats. Alcantara "breathes" much better than leather.
Also, Alcantara is not cold in winter and not hot in summer. It is easy to clean with just a damp cloth. Therefore, if you have children or pets, just wipe the seats with a damp cloth and that's it.

3) and we can make covers in another colors, I can attach photos with examples if it need.

4) and we have patterns for US versions. You need just send to us few photos of all your seats, all headrests and armrests and we will checking fit our covers to yuor seats. You can make it on your smartphone and send it to me.

So if you have questions - let me know here and i will answer with pleasure.

Hello everyone. I am manager of MW Brothers. Our buyer SDIAZ send me link for this review and we have some request in our email today.

1) at first, dear SDIAZ - in photos of install i see that you not pulled enough covers. please pull it down more. Do not afraid damage covers- its impossible.
i can make pointers of the direction of pull in the photo, if necessary. Also, the cover needs to be slightly smoothed with your hands and it will take the shape of a seat.

2) We use original italian alcantara in central for "breathe" the seats. Alcantara "breathes" much better than leather.
Also, Alcantara is not cold in winter and not hot in summer. It is easy to clean with just a damp cloth. Therefore, if you have children or pets, just wipe the seats with a damp cloth and that's it.

3) and we can make covers in another colors, I can attach photos with examples if it need.

4) and we have patterns for US versions. You need just send to us few photos of all your seats, all headrests and armrests and we will checking fit our covers to yuor seats. You can make it on your smartphone and send it to me.

And yes our covers do not interfere with the operation of the airbag. We have carried out tests and will soon receive a certificate

0020.jpg

Awesome! Thank you for chiming in. This gives me the confidence to place my order. Will be in touch soon.

For those of you that have used @rides for leather it seems that the color is a good match but what about the texture? The factory leather is quite smooth in both the LC and LX. I recovered my 98 LC with lseat but have found that it has a rougher texture which gets shiny with wear and feels cheap/plastic like with time. I now after a 3 year search landed an 07 LX that needs front seat leather. The lseat was fine for the LC but the LX is is such superior condition that I'm hesitant to go with lseat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom