LX 470 leather seat replacements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where did you have them done? Price is right and look great. I'm on the north side of ATL and have no problem heading to Chattanooga for nice work.
Sorry, Chris. I havent been on in a while. It's Advanced Headliner and Carpet in Cleveland, TN. Just a little further up from Chattanooga on I 75. You can leave the truck or just take him the seats

Curious if you guys are changing the seat foam at the same time. Separate post on this but overall mine seem fine but I do have some leaning towards the console on the driver seatback. Thx

I am about to pull the trigger on the Ridies for a 2002 LX470 I just purchased. How do I know which variant on the site it the right color? My LX is interior code LF40 (Tan) and the exterior is the White Pearl Tri-coat metallic.
IF you have the 'Ivory' interior (my LX is a 99 model) then the samples they sent me had 'Light Tan' (in the NAPA finish) as the closest match.

Curious if you guys are changing the seat foam at the same time. Separate post on this but overall mine seem fine but I do have some leaning towards the console on the driver seatback. Thx
You might be able to steam them and bring it back to life.

I replaced my lowers and kept my uppers. The uppers are usually not as compressed. The foam is expensive though. In my case the seat heaters were kind of deteriorating into the foam as well.

You can also just consider some upholstery foam and add a new layer to your old foam.
1692737363462.png

1692737347974.png

Good option. Thx

Has anyone used Interior Innovations? They have the standard options but some of the pictures match the ones @Ridies uses. If it's the same product the two benefits of going with Interior Innovations are the set comes in slightly cheaper and they offer a 3 year warranty.

1998-2006 Lexus 470 – Interior Innovation - https://interior-innovations.com/product-category/1998-2006-lexus-470/
Saw a few reviews. Some from 2014 up to 2022.
Didn't see any bad ones. Mostly Z cars and vettes.
Made in Pakistan like Ridies.

My order is coming.. Ordering was good, they called back to discuss details, etc. In my case I don't care about J-channel (I can reattach original). I just want to make sure it's more or less quality as I don't want to spend time sewing myself. Got extra hyde of a same color just in case.

One thing I read from the review chat is that they use factory type attachments like the plastic j-channel.
Hope that is true.

My order is coming.. Ordering was good, they called back to discuss details, etc. In my case I don't care about J-channel (I can reattach original). I just want to make sure it's more or less quality as I don't want to spend time sewing myself. Got extra hyde of a same color just in case.
Did you order from Ridies or someone else?

One thing I read from the review chat is that they use factory type attachments like the plastic j-channel.
Hope that is true.
Just as @aharlan001 and @flintknapper reported the hook is incorrect size and doesn't work with our LX seats. I even spoke with the @Ridies representative over the phone before ordering and they assured me that this is no longer an issue, I still found it be unusable. @Ridies you should really try to address this. PM me is you want my old OEM skins that I took off to fix this issue - I can send them to you for the cost of shipping.

Here are the hooks factory vs the faulty Ridies
20220715_113611.jpg
20220715_113622.jpg

Received order from @Ridies today.
Pretty much as expected. Quality is OK. I did better, but I didn't expect what I did.

From what I noticed (I got 2 rows)
1. Missing center console cover (I did order it)
2. Rear pockets not sewn correctly. I kind of expected it, got extra hyde for that specific reason ($100)
3. Extra hide is more like 1/3 hide (compare to what I used to buy) or maybe it's some miniature cow hide, I don't know.

Color is little different from sample, but totally OK with me.
Will see how it all fits and how much re-doing I will need to do.

IMG_8968.jpg
IMG_8969.jpg

Slightly off-topic as this threads seems to mostly be about Ridies now - but is Land Cruiser Heaven still the place to go to if you want high quality replacement leather?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom