LX 470 leather seat replacements (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the headrests in. Took her for a spin went to the store and boy it felt like a different car. Better cushioning and better overall vibe. My verdict, ridies.com nappa leather is something I will highly recommend to anyone who wants to get their seats done.View attachment 2803388View attachment 2803389
This looks like a CLEAN install! And if it costed you anything $500 in labor than it is a really good deal too!
My BMW X5 has this burnt-orange color interior and I am a fan but I am not sure if it goes with the rest of the gray interior! Have you considered dyeing the rest of the interior plastic pieces in a more compatible color?

Thanks. I did all the leg work of removing the seats from the vehicle and putting them back in again, but I think I got a good deal for $200 to get the new ones fitted:cheers:
And because of the wood trims on the door panel (brown accent), I think I am okay at this point to leave it as it is not to over saturate the door panels with the same leather material as the seats. I think it compliments it well to a certain degree.

Thanks. I did all the leg work of removing the seats from the vehicle and putting them back in again, but I think I got a good deal for $200 to get the new ones fitted:cheers:
And because of the wood trims on the door panel (brown accent), I think I am okay at this point to leave it as it is not to over saturate the door panels with the same leather material as the seats. I think it compliments it well to a certain degree.
$200 to install front and middle row? If so, that is cheap.

$200 to install front and middle row? If so, that is cheap.
Right? This guy which I met just a year ago is a hidden gem here in Vegas. Trustworthy and just did an outstanding job on this project.

Reactions: LCT
Anyone else used the MW brothers covers?

any of the Aussie guys brought the leather kit from Ridies.com ? there was a review on their site from a Brian H from Australia that has brought front seats

i have been speaking with them about the kits etc, i'm looking at the Nappa leather from the comment most of you guys have put up

does anyone have a video or description for taking the seats apart? getting the plastics off without breaking them ?

Not from Oz, but I bought Ridies earlier this year and have been super happy with the fit and finish. You can find multiple reviews with pictures on here.
The job itself is not difficult, it is just a lot of work cutting out the old metal rings and installing new ones.
This Club Lexus thread has a great step by step guide that I found very useful: How-to: Replace front seat leather on LX470-PIC HEAVY - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-1st-and-2nd-gen-1996-2007/825023-how-to-replace-front-seat-leather-on-lx470-pic-heavy.html

Not from Oz, but I bought Ridies earlier this year and have been super happy with the fit and finish. You can find multiple reviews with pictures on here.
The job itself is not difficult, it is just a lot of work cutting out the old metal rings and installing new ones.
This Club Lexus thread has a great step by step guide that I found very useful: How-to: Replace front seat leather on LX470-PIC HEAVY - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-1st-and-2nd-gen-1996-2007/825023-how-to-replace-front-seat-leather-on-lx470-pic-heavy.html

cheers for that , that was a very good set of pics & descriptions on how to get through it

has anyone done the middle row seats as well ???

cheers for that , that was a very good set of pics & descriptions on how to get through it

I don't - but I know @OEMGUY0720 had his second row replaced with Ridies and they turned out great! I think once you graduate from replacing the front seats leather, you will not have too much trouble with the rears.

If you can go to Page 6 of this thread, you will see there my post with thw second row seats wrapped with the Ridies.com nappa leather. Disclaimer: I didn’t install them myself, I had a pro install those for me.

Thank you for your contribution brother!
Not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but let me explain: Too many problems with L Seat and Ridie. Some of this new vinyl color matches better, lasts longer and is cheaper. Both my fronts will be done for $325 each at the end of the month

Not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but let me explain: Too many problems with L Seat and Ridie. Some of this new vinyl color matches better, lasts longer and is cheaper. Both my fronts will be done for $325 each at the end of the month
Do you have a pre-made source or are you using a custom trim shop?

A shop here in Southeast TN. All I have to do is take the seats out and bring them to him. If everything turns out, I'll be taking my 80 Series. I saw some of his custom work today and its beautiful. Since you dont live too far its Advanced Headliner in Cleveland, TN

@DR71 sorry my comment was not very nice. I will be interested to see what you think of the vinyl skins once you have them. I had vinyl covers on my seats that were custom made for our trucks and they definitely were very well fitting and hard wearing but didn't breath much and were uncomfortable in summer.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine (which I won't mind selling either if it helps someone!)
20210526_190134.jpg
20210526_132750.jpg

@DR71 sorry my comment was not very nice. I will be interested to see what you think of the vinyl skins once you have them. I had vinyl covers on my seats that were custom made for our trucks and they definitely were very well fitting and hard wearing but didn't breath much and were uncomfortable in summer.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine (which I won't mind selling either if it helps someone!)
View attachment 3163616View attachment 3163617
Its all good. I have a tendency to be a blunt, I should have explained why in my initial comment. I just don't see the point in leather when LSeat isn't durable and Ridies sounds like train wreck with the wrong J channels and horrible customer service. There's not a great option unless you want to spend $1500-$2000 for 2 seats. I would be interested in yours but my truck has the oak interior. Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom