LX 470 leather seat replacements (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flintknapper, If you are near the Houston TX area I would recommend considering Richmond Upholstery. They are a fast growing local manufacturer and sell their kits on Amazon and E-bay. I took my wife's 2000 LC over to their facility to get an exact match on the leather a couple months back and got the front uppers, lowers and armrest covers from them. They came out great! I did the install myself, but they also offer an install service. The only thing a little non intuitive was that the uppers used three sheet metal screws to attach a plastic strip to the metal bar in the back instead of the large factory plastic hook strip. They offer an option of padding stitched to the bottom of the covers which I got and would recommend as it helps make up for compression of the old factory foam cushions and makes the leather fit like a glove with no steaming needed in my case. This was the second time I have used Richmond Upholstery for our LCs and have been very happy with results on both occasions.

Thanks for this Flint. On the free sample request form on ridies website it didn’t say anything about if I am interested with the “genuine” or “napa” leather, I hope they send me samples for both. I do however like the “genuine” material because of it’s texture.

That’s good to know! I am going for the “wrinkled” oem version again. This is one of the subtle features of the 100 series I like over the 200. For me it gives more character in the driving experience aspect on top of that luxurious feel and cushion at the back and bottom.
20C3A543-CDA6-45D3-A71C-B9A8E70BF7D8.jpeg

I went to 4 different local auto upholstery shops yesterday and the price is not close to what ridies has. They all quoted north of $2800. Reached out to my professional independent upholstery guy and quoted me $200 to install the front and rear (second row) seats.

857D98A7-1F8B-4E79-9DC8-1085FB71BAC5.jpeg

5DF21AE2-6ADE-4E02-86C0-8925BEEEAB72.jpeg

The closest ridies have for the color (russet 2830) I want is the Audi Burnt Orange. But I requested also for Burnt Orange and Orange/Cognac.

Pulled the trigger and went with Ridies.com nappa audi burnt orange - real good stuff you can immediately tell how soft the nappa is over the genuine.
49FB4F32-0E9A-40CB-9DCC-9D0EAA0C1EF2.jpeg

The 5 week wait begins
DB0CA653-65DB-40E8-A053-A7FDBBD5B442.gif

I didn’t know the seat covers are coming from Pakistan. All the while I thought they are made in Fishers Indiana.
E7065CB0-DB2B-45F1-B821-D63D31155FC2.jpeg

I’ve had my nappa covers on for a year and they still look and feel great. Probably not a good match if you have a dog / use the car for “actual” work:)

I just started installation of my Ridies Leather covers (LX470... grey "wrinkled pad" Napa leather, heated seats, etc)
Overall going smoothly, and fit is good. Leather feels very nice too...
but mayb have some items that may need addressing...

thumbnail_IMG_5712.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5692.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5676.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5697.jpg

Got mine this afternoon and is set to be installed tomorrow by my local upholstery guy. Real world tat was just 18 days. :clap:

Got mine this afternoon and is set to be installed tomorrow by my local upholstery guy. Real world tat was just 18 days. :clap:

Love to see it afterward. I'm thinking about doing this soon myself

Love to see it afterward. I'm thinking about doing this soon myself
That napa leather is something else, real soft, softer than I expected. And just here between us mudders, ridies sent me 2 extra leather panels approx 1 sq meter each, at no cost. It was an option I don’t remember clicking/adding during the ordering process, but they still sent it to me, not 1, but 2 panels. I’m really happy and grateful. We’ll see tomorrow the actual fitment when it’s all said and done I’ll give my verdict.

@Joe422 @OEMGUY0720 I bought Ridies nappa leather in grey for my LC couple of months ago and they did not include the leather for plastic panels on the back of the middle row seats. Is this the extra material you are referring to @OEMGUY0720?

Also, make sure that the inserts in the middle seat bottom leather (60 split side) are the correct size. One of the insert was 5” instead of 6.5”, so had to reach out to Ridies again to have them correct this mistake. Still waiting on this piece to arrive from Ridies. They’ve been cooperative so far but had some convincing to do. Not the best customer service but I guess better than LSeat. The quality of nappa leather is just on an another level. I suggest shelling out couple of hundred more for nappa over the standard leather option.

Last edited:
I went with the Land Cruiser Heaven (tan) in my 2003 100. Excellent materials and customer service. I did the front row and replaced the foam in the driver seat. It made all the difference in the world.

I went with the Land Cruiser Heaven (tan) in my 2003 100. Excellent materials and customer service. I did the front row and replaced the foam in the driver seat. It made all the difference in the world.
Replaced foam with generic foam the installer had in stock, or the Toyota part number seat foam?

@Joe422 @OEMGUY0720 I bought Ridies nappa leather in grey for my LC couple of months ago and they did not include the leather for plastic panels on the back of the middle row seats. Is this the extra material you are referring to @OEMGUY0720?

Also, make sure that the inserts in the middle seat bottom leather (60 split side) are the correct size. One of the insert was 5” instead of 6.5”, so had to reach out to Ridies again to have them correct this mistake. Still waiting on this piece to arrive from Ridies. They’ve been cooperative so far but had some convincing to do. Not the best customer service but I guess better than LSeat. The quality of nappa leather is just on an another level. I suggest shelling out couple of hundred more for nappa over the standard leather option.
Thanks for the tip. I dropped off the seats yesterday morning and according to the upholstery guy will be finished today.

The two on the left are the extra materials that I’m referring to:
A926E933-9878-45B4-AB0D-B530D9AE7048.jpeg

The 2 on the right I believe is for the front seat’s back pocket.

Thanks for the tip. I dropped off the seats yesterday morning and according to the upholstery guy will be finished today.

The two on the left are the extra materials that I’m referring to:View attachment 2787945
The two on the left are for the middle row seat back panels. I’m glad they’re including these pieces now.

Second row seats are in.
FFB09AB5-8303-4A23-9B83-2D6002380B27.jpeg

To be continued next week. The two front headrest leather covers that Ridies sent is factory spec/measurements is small. The headrest that I have is significantly bigger -it’s probably because it has a screen on it that the dealership put on before.
1AAF1744-6FD5-4712-A8A8-2CF50B7EA37A.jpeg

Last edited:

The two on the left are the extra materials that I’m referring to:View attachment 2787945
the leather on the bottom are for the seatback panels (front row)… did u get leather for the pocket too? Its the ones with the black elastic straps. Luckily my headrest covers fit fine, (no tv’s 😬) but they also sent 2 covers for the center arm rest… one is much wider.

btw, great choice on color! You interor looks great... Would love to see it when complete.

B1751BDC-53CA-4EF8-8AA5-2B09630F0DF8.jpeg

Last edited:
@Joe422 thanks, this now justifies that I don’t need a 200 series, yet. I’m glad I went for the nappa, way better than original leather. My upholstery guy did a stellar job. He wanted to finish it today but the headrest cover just wouldn’t fit. I called Ridies right away and at no cost to me, they will be sending a panel of the same leather material - I just hope it doesn’t have to travel all the way from Pakistan again :doh:

I am having my front, middle, arm rests and center console done by a local upholstery shop in the closest matching covers - we have two dogs, and use it as a weekend car. Foam will be added as well to take out the sag.

Finally got the headrests in. Took her for a spin went to the store and boy it felt like a different car. Better cushioning and better overall vibe. My verdict, ridies.com nappa leather is something I will highly recommend to anyone who wants to get their seats done.
632D6D03-F42F-4C95-8FEC-7D2F3FEDC4B2.jpeg
EE6B4E9A-2424-45ED-B6D7-8C43DB03718E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom