LX 470 leather seat replacements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slightly off-topic as this threads seems to mostly be about Ridies now - but is Land Cruiser Heaven still the place to go to if you want high quality replacement leather?
Leatherseats.com did mine and they are fabulous. Provided a section of material from dye lot to cover my center console.

IMG_2579.jpeg

Slightly off-topic as this threads seems to mostly be about Ridies now - but is Land Cruiser Heaven still the place to go to if you want high quality replacement leather?

From my research doing this project last year LC Heaven was the way to go, Short of buying factory leather or some custom operation. If I couldn’t find examples without rippling I wasn’t going to bother, I’ve been happy enough I’m with the consistency in grain, color match between front and back kits, seat rest/console/armrest fit etc. It tightened up a bit in places here in the hot SC summer, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up most creases will “ work themselves out” that wasn’t my experience with a botched job on my 911. Ultimately it was the installers abilities who made it look professional and tidy that’s probably more important than the leather brand visually, at least before wear becomes a factor

LC Heaven is where I'll end up ordering leather.... I think... there's a lot of custom upholstery places near me. Switching to cloth would be awesome if it was good quality, I don't care for leather but my current leather is rock hard.

All the other pictures and some of the short lifespans of other companies, even though cheaper doesn't seem worth it.

From my research doing this project last year LC Heaven was the way to go, Short of buying factory leather or some custom operation. If I couldn’t find examples without rippling I wasn’t going to bother, I’ve been happy enough I’m with the consistency in grain, color match between front and back kits, seat rest/console/armrest fit etc. It tightened up a bit in places here in the hot SC summer, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up most creases will “ work themselves out” that wasn’t my experience with a botched job on my 911. Ultimately it was the installers abilities who made it look professional and tidy that’s probably more important than the leather brand visually, at least before wear becomes a factor
These looks great. I do use my truck off-road and wheel, and I've thought numerous times about getting Scheelmans, but the stock seats dont bother my back after long trips, although I am tall and have 2 herniated discs... so I just can't seem to pull the trigger and spend 5-6k on them. All this to say, what I am most concerned with is a quality product that will actually last. Most of these cheaper options look like junk after 2-3 years.

Good tip on the install as well. I have DIY'd everything on my truck, but have been leaning towards finding a professional to install these, and I think based on your explanation I definitely will.

Did you installer rehab any of your cushioning? I haven't researched that yet, but it seems like a logical step when you're replacing the leather.

These looks great. I do use my truck off-road and wheel, and I've thought numerous times about getting Scheelmans, but the stock seats dont bother my back after long trips, although I am tall and have 2 herniated discs... so I just can't seem to pull the trigger and spend 5-6k on them. All this to say, what I am most concerned with is a quality product that will actually last. Most of these cheaper options look like junk after 2-3 years.

Good tip on the install as well. I have DIY'd everything on my truck, but have been leaning towards finding a professional to install these, and I think based on your explanation I definitely will.

Did you installer rehab any of your cushioning? I haven't researched that yet, but it seems like a logical step when you're replacing the leather.

Mostly. I bought a new factory driver seat bottom foam as this was packed down. The rest of the seats, where needed the foam was steamed. My understanding is after the leather is fitted a needle goes in the foam from wherever there’s access and plumps up the foam to fill voids. As I wrote in another post, the Myrtle Beach upholstery shop just did an amazing job at a shocking low price. They’ll be doing my headliner next

Received order from @Ridies today.
Pretty much as expected. Quality is OK. I did better, but I didn't expect what I did.

From what I noticed (I got 2 rows)
1. Missing center console cover (I did order it)
2. Rear pockets not sewn correctly. I kind of expected it, got extra hyde for that specific reason ($100)
3. Extra hide is more like 1/3 hide (compare to what I used to buy) or maybe it's some miniature cow hide, I don't know.

Color is little different from sample, but totally OK with me.
Will see how it all fits and how much re-doing I will need to do.

Also, missing armrests for front seats. Let's see what @Ridies will do about it. Center console and both armrests missing..

Also, missing armrests for front seats. Let's see what @Ridies will do about it. Center console and both armrests missing..
That sucks! When I bought my set from them they sent me everything, they even sent me two different sized pieces for the center console (one extra one was for the wider non-US model center consoles!) And mine got to my door exactly 6 days from the ordering date!

That sucks! When I bought my set from them they sent me everything, they even sent me two different sized pieces for the center console (one extra one was for the wider non-US model center consoles!) And mine got to my door exactly 6 days from the ordering date!
Got response they will send missing pieces. So far no complaints on CS. S..t happens, those pieces can be done last no biggie

Looks much better than the Ridies I just installed. Much.
I am totally happy with mine. I already had to clean one and cleaned up easy. Most that ride in my old classic , always say good things about the seats, their look, and smell right off.

But I am not a custom upholster. Worked fine for a dyi person with a 1999 LC with 379,000 miles. For the price for full leather I was happy. The quality of the stitching looked good to me. They did make changes the rounded corners the oem had and they opted to no hog ring the bottom seat cross bar at the next to back. A choice I guess they made to help possible stress points on the stitching. I adapted and moved on. All cam out as good as I personally could do. A custom upholster, sure has tricks and tips. My foams where in good shape so no change there.

Take care

Tex

Got my samples from LeatherSeats.com along with answers to a few of my questions.
One question I had was if the back panels were included (particularly with regard to the middle row seats) - and confirmed they are.
It looks like 'Ivory' in the Std Leather appears to be a close match to the Lexus OEM color and the Sales Mgr shared this is one of the most popular colors for Lexus seats. I really like the Oyster too and might consider that although of course it is much lighter color than the original.
One decision I'm swithering over is the Std vs Ecstasy Leather. I didn't get an Ecstasy sample unfortunately. The original configurator on the websit did not show that Ecstasy was an option on the LX470 kit, but that was a glitch and that has been resolved now.
Obviously the 'std' leather samples grain is quite coarse, vs the OEM which is quite smooth, as you see below. I imagine the Ecstasy will be much finer grain.
(Has anyone here installed seats of the Ecstasy material?)

Here's something I hadn't even considered - I had suggested there were some other suppliers who were considerably cheaper - the reply said he knew of at least two vendors who sourced from overseas but to note they used BONDED Leather vs the Pure Leather Hide from LeatherSeats.com
He did not mention those 'competitors' by name but have an idea. I really don't know so am not stating that for a fact. Those 'other guys' simply state 'real leather' - but bonded leather is still 'real leather' just a composite vs a pure whole hide.
The LeatherSeats.com material, even their 'std leather, is absolutely undoubtedly genuine hide.

20240213_172246_resized.jpg

20240213_172125_resized.jpg

This single one below is the Ivory - in the image it looks closer to the seat back than the headrest, but I think that's just the light.

20240213_172501_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I just got this from LeatherSeats.com to illustrate the difference in the grain pattern between Ecstasy and Std leather hides
The agent also said the Ecstasy has a 'softer/suppler' feel.
(Note that I did not get the Ecstasy sample first-hand - getting ready to order and did not want to wait another 10 days for sample to get here - my original samples were shipped out promptly by LeatherSeats.com however the USPS was incredibly slow)

EcstasyIvory_Ivory.jpg

I just got this from LeatherSeats.com to illustrate the difference in the grain pattern between Ecstasy and Std leather hides
The agent also said the Ecstasy has a 'softer/suppler' feel.

View attachment 3558155
Great info.
Do you happen to know by any chance what’s the reason that their pre-configured package for the LC reaches to 2004 and not available for the 2005-2007? I guess I can call and ask, but on the options, it does ask if there’s side airbags..

Regardless, looks like a really nice option, except for the $$$😅

Yes, I think it's the airbags - from what I can see the pre-configured package is not any cheaper than if you just 'created' with same options.
So if any doubt just create it custom which also gives the ability to change up some elements
It might have some impact on lead-time ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom