LS into my FJ45 LV thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 3Uz is a more modern version engine in the Toyota/Lexus UZ family. It’ still is had an aluminum block like the 1UZ, but displacement was bumped to 4.3 liters.

Last edited:
I’m putting a 1UZFE with an H55 in mine.gott the bellhousing from Dellow in Australia, got a JDM engine , and I’m getting the ECU mod.ified by Lextreme v8 engines.yes, it’s a lot of mods and fiddling but it will be all Toyota when done. I would probably go 3Uz if I was starting to do it again... but the 1UZ is still perfect for the vehicle.
Can you share what the ECU mods will provide for the swap?
Thanks

Can you share what the ECU mods will provide for the swap?
Thanks

Take a look at the following MUD post: Lextreme Engine Harness/ECU. I had a long discussion with Tim and have my harness and ECU boxed up and ready to go to his shop in Florida. ECU will be modified to bypass the immobilizer (EEPROM chip), the shop will check the integrity of the entire harness, add a small relay/fuse box, replace broken connectors, and mod the ECU for a manual trans. As you can see on the link, the harness comes back as a plug and play and the shop will connect the harness a shop 1UZ and provide a video of the shop engine running with the modified harness.

If you want more info, I would recommend to call Tim. He can talk through the details and options over the phone.

Last edited:
3uz is what I have in my ls430. It is a simply awesome engine. I would not recommend it for a swap.
Toyota is very bad about letting you in the pcm. 3uz is vvti. It has a can bus. The pcm wants communication with a lot or parts you don't have like the instrument cluster, bcm, and entertainment module. If I was going to do this, and I already learned my lesson putting a 1fz in a lv, I would go with a stand alone pcm like a haltech, megasquirt, holly or edlebrock.
Also, Its big and wide and doesn't bolt up.
Transmission choices are limited.
Aftermarket is non-existant and swap info is gonna be limited to mostly aussies.

A ls based engine bolts up to a lot of gm transmissions, although the 6 speeds are very spendy. The gm transes can be adapted to the lc transfer cases. Theres a ton of aftermarket. They are 300k motors with 400 hp easy and are super tunable. The one in my 45swb is insane to drive. Way over the top. They are small, fit well, and have been done a lot. Its a LOT easier when there are resources. Any fool, even me, can tune them with HP tuners. They are built with nearly stand alone harnesses. They have been put in absolutely everything so there's a ton of parts and knowledge.

If you have lots of hair to pull out, have a ton of spare time to fight with wiring, and no life to speak of, I would go with a 1fz over a Toyota v8. If you want easy reliable power do a LS.

I'd prefer you didn't cut up a nice truck though. Both of my LS swaps and the 1fz swap were 350 swapped trucks already. My Toyota engine swaps with 5vz and 3rz were done on 4runners with similar older engines.

I would be happy to help in whatever direction you choose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom