Liquid Offroad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this coming from an impatient computer guy...

Sometimes we are so used to getting EVERYTHING instantly. From McDonalds fast food (yuk!), to online ordering of everything from hard to find parts to laptops... We want it RIGHT NOW.

my .02 - sometimes it's nice to just RELAX. 10yrs ago, you had to mail order a lot of these parts, or wait for your local stealership... (and we know how long that usually takes!)

I'd rather support someone Like Rob @ liquid - who will take time to explain things to you if you have questions, or from guys like Steve-O - who even though short staffed will willingly take on extra work to do another cruiserhead a favor. (nicely done btw!)

These are the guys that will get my dime. Maybe it will take a while longer, and definately longer than buying a burger at a drive through, but then again - they have lives too! Work shouldn't be the ONLY thing you do. I encourage them to take a longer break on a nice day, or call in sick on a gorgeous monday to go wheel...

ok - getting off the soapbox now...hehehe. thanks for the rant...

rob

I had your ceramic headers on order, a carb rebuild kit, a nuckle rebuild kit. And a couple of other things I cannot remember off the top of my head. My notes are at my office. I would have been o.k. with the whole process if someone would have just called me and let me know about the delay. it was the whole lack of communication that frustrated(is that spelled correct) me. I still have not replaced a few of those things, let me know who to call, every one deserves a second chance.

Jim

ok,
sl33py

i hear ya..... but 5 weeks :confused: i'm not an idiot (i just play one on the internet ;) ). no return call, no "shipped" date and no payment charged? WTF?

i live on the west coast just mere miles north of you, bro, so "relaxed" is not a foreign concept. i'm talking about bull**** lines like " oh, i sent that last week" and the always handy " i've had trouble with USPS lately". BULL****!

if you are going to say one thing and do (or don't do) another when MY money is involved.... :flipoff2:

so I should spend my time waiting and waiting, 'cause i have nothing better to do than wait for parts that have NOT been shipped?

i am only speaking from MY experience, others seem to have had different. ok by me.... but lesson learned.

nice or helpful is great, but business is business. i agree that work is not the only thing you should do, but if you own a business, someone has to do the work, or you won't have any business :doh:

whatever, i just hate being burned! :mad: and now i'm going through it again with a canadian business :mad:

take it for what it's worth, what the hell do i know?

crusty

Funny thing about all this is, my order is running late from Liquid, but Rob called me Wed. to let me know what the status was, what was going on, etc. Kind of worked out - I've got to add some stuff to my order.

I've also always had great dealings with MAF. Never had a problem, have gotten very good advise and customer service to boot.

crusty - I agree 5 weeks is too long. unless there was some info given...which it sounds like there wasn't. bummer - plus (salt in the wound) you will have to deal with customs. hit or miss... Good luck!

Swank - exactly how it was for me. plenty of updates and arrived in reasonable time (heavy tuffy - shipped ground). I've had great service from MAF as well - but seems like Rob usually gets you a lower price. Did you use the TLCA discount? added bonus! if only MAF or SOR did that... drool... hehehe

oh, btw - It's Friday! w00t!

rob

i haven't used liquid...yet. prolly give them a shot though at some point.

i have used MAF with no problems at all though.

i ordered my arb tradesman rack from MAF, and was told it was in stock, i called a few days later, to get trucking info, and was told they were out of stock, and on a boat from down under.
i was only angry because i was told one thing, and then another. i dont mind waiting if im told up front.
they told me i could be as long as 6 weeks, but it actuallly came in two.
ive always liked MAF, ill keep giving them my orders, as long as they are up front with me, and the have been since the rack issue.
hammer
new smog pump
NJ pine barrens bound Saturday!!!!!

That is a great price on Mst. Cyl. I got one from Dan on the way and it was almost twice as much.

Well I am very glad to hear so a lot of good feedback. I know this thread is about Liquid so we can swing it back that way, I have never dealt with them personally but have always heard good things.

Yetiman, if you call back about that order (if you havent cancelled it already) ask for me. I will look into it. I think I may have spoken to you already, possibly the y-pipes were on back order? They were supposed to be in a week or so ago, but the exhaust place that makes them never came through. This sucks for us because there is nothing I can do to speed them up about it, and ultimately it reflects us when we cant keep them in stock. Sorry if you are still upset, call me today if you can.

Speaking of everyone here on vacation, I will be off for the next week and a half, on a cruise in Hawaii. :bounce: I wont be missing all of you! :flipoff2:

sl33py said:
Swank - exactly how it was for me. plenty of updates and arrived in reasonable time (heavy tuffy - shipped ground). I've had great service from MAF as well - but seems like Rob usually gets you a lower price. Did you use the TLCA discount? added bonus! if only MAF or SOR did that... drool... hehehe

oh, btw - It's Friday! w00t!

rob

Believe it or not, I'm not a TLCA member. :eek:

I keep meaning to join and go to meetings, but I'm lazy and forgetful.

I think MAF has good prices, and I like using CDan, and now Liquid Offroad is high on my list (even though I've got to pay taxes & shipping) - I haven't dealt with SOR, but their prices are very, very high (They're higher than Dan BEFORE the 'Mud discount as it is, and that, IMO, is just silly.) and I don't like that you have to be in their "Club" to get a price break. (I'm not a good "Team Player," can you tell? :D )

Well we worked things out! thank's for explaining the situation to me Steve I do understand that sometimes things are out of your hands. I replaced my order with MAF and will continue to due buisness with both vendors.

Thanx again

Jim

American Toyota....the big banners at the top of the screen or vendors section

The difference with SOR is that their method of finding the parts that you need, no matter how obscure, is bullet-proof. I love the hyperlinked parts diagrams, especially because I know perfectly well where the tiny gasket that I need to buy is located in my engine, I just don't know what to call it. Being able to look at a whole system and pinpoint the specific part visually is the only reason why I give my business to SOR.

:beer:

brake booster rebuild from liquid offroad

anyone ever have one of these done by Rob/LO guys?

biocruiser said:
anyone ever have one of these done by Rob/LO guys?

I've always found it easier to get another used one that to have one rebuilt...you can get it off a supra, toyota truck, cruiser...

bk

thanks bk, i'm going that route quickly as i find out the prices and (lack of availability) on the rebuild kit.

"Veni, vidi, dormi" hehahaheheh
LMAO
story of my life

Robert is an honest guy. I have delt with him in the past and continue to do business with him. He may be slow but it's usually the other vendors making him wait. If you looking for the Best prices he's your parts person. :beer:

To everybody who buys stuff from someone who sells it (and buys other stuff) -
It's a constant challenge to give the customer what he expects. I believe communication is #1. Underpromise & Overdeliver. Too many shops count on "hooking" the customer with unrealistic delivery dates & continually make excuses for their failings.

The only way suppliers can improve is with information about their failings. I think Steve-O is genuine in his request for information about screwups. But then you need to take time out once in a while to let them know when they really come through for you. When I do that occasionally with my suppliers they act amazed.

Most of the stuff we order is not time-critical as most of our rigs aren't DDs or at least our only transportation. We live in an instant gratification society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom