FJ62 - AC Liquid v.s. Gas Fill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last time I filled my AC system, I filled it through the high pressure side with the can upside down / engine off i.e. filling it with the liquid v.s. the gas.
I noticed my AC wasn't as cold as I know it can be.
No other variables, following the FSM step by step, outside of the brand of R12.

I'm about to vacuum pump the AC system and fill her back up. Is the gas way of filling up, using the low pressure port, can facing up with engine/AC running the better way to fill the system?
Thanks

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 8.38.53 AM.png

Last time I filled my AC system, I filled it through the high pressure side with the can upside down / engine off i.e. filling it with the liquid v.s. the gas.
I noticed my AC wasn't as cold as I know it can be.
No other variables, following the FSM step by step, outside of the brand of R12.

I'm about to vacuum pump the AC system and fill her back up. Is the gas way of filling up, using the low pressure port, can facing up with engine/AC running the better way to fill the system?
Thanks

View attachment 3321723
Can upside down on low pressure side. Make sure all the air is gone in the hoses and gauges

Always charge on the low side (suction) you can continue charging while the system is on and watch your gauge. If you are still on R12 system make sure to max out the charge. I suggest to always have a new drier and I would vacuum the system for at least 2 hours and even better if you can do it overnight.

Liquid is best for an initial fill when you're adding oil at the same time. For a small top off, gas fill (slowly, with engine running) works well. I use Duracool 12A, which I believe requires a liquid top off when you're using the small cans (as they have oil included in them) but I'd have to check my notes on that one.

X2 on using a new dryer and vacuuming the system down to remove air and leak check overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom