Lift installed, have alignment questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I installed the 2" Ironman lift and took it in for an alignment to find out my wheel bearings were bad and I needed new inner tie rods. I replaced the tie rods and repacked the bearings as they were in good condition. Took it back for an alignment and here is where I am. Theguu that did it said there is another guy that was off today but he does alignments better. Whatever that means . What do you guys think isit bad, do need to takeitback in or will I need new UCA's? Thanks!

IMG_1287.JPG

It looks like everything is pretty good, except for caster.

Depending on how much you cranked the torsion bars, they might be able to dial in a little more caster. What is the center of hub to to fender measurement?

This thread has some posts on how the camber/caster is adjusted and how they are related:
Post Lift Alignment

If you're out of adjustment, you can either dial back the torsion bars until you have enough adjustment, or go to aftermarket UCAs that add caster.

I'm not sure what the hub to fender measurements are, I stopped counting and just went off of measurement. I know I was around half an inch lower in the front though.

Your starting caster measurements were better than you ended up with- wondering why they dialed the caster back.

Anyway, you'll prob have to max the caster settings to get close to the FSM minimum spec. (1.85+\-) as you can from the stock UCA- See where you end up before you invest in upgraded UCAs. You can also drop the front end 1/2" and pick up some lost caster as well.

With Ironman TBs if you can shoot for 21.5" hub center to fender lip that is equal to about 1.5" lift over stock (give or take). That should help improve the caster a little.

FYI The upgraded UCA's can get you past 3 + degrees caster. This will improve overall drive ability.

I'm not sure what the hub to fender measurements are, I stopped counting and just went off of measurement. I know I was around half an inch lower in the front though.

Assuming that the 2" lift you installed really did add 2" in the back, and you added 2.5" (taking out ~0.5" of rake, plus 2" of lift) in the front, you're probably in for a learning experience on the limitations of the 100 series torsion bar IFS and the expense of getting that last little bit of lift & travel.

Your starting caster measurements were better than you ended up with- wondering why they dialed the caster back.

I suspect that it wasn't about "dialing caster back" that reduced the caster, but more about "fixing the camber first" which reduced caster.

83328547-gif.200151

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom