Alignment needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shocks do not affect suspension geometry. If you did anything to the control arms, ball joints, or tierod ends, I'd say yes. You can get one, but it's a waste of money if you just did shocks.

No alignment needed. The only time an alignment would be needed is if you replaced the shocks on a Macpherson strut front end. At least that is the only time that comes to mind.

When I did the front control arms, I marked their original locations with a marker and installed all new arms on the same mark! Took for an aliment: well...all within spec! Heavy duty trucks hardly loose the alignment.

When I did the front control arms, I marked their original locations with a marker and installed all new arms on the same mark! Took for an aliment: well...all within spec! Heavy duty trucks hardly loose the alignment.
this just answered my question. i think i will cancel my alignment appointment.

do you think it's necessary to buy new camber adjustment bolts? or just reuse them if they aren't terribly rusted? I got all new nuts for those bolts. but the dealership didn't have 4 new bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom