Let’s see your white 100 series! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
I am trying to decide how to paint my trim pieces and bumpers after deleting the gold package. I am thinking light gray for the trim pieces and dark gray for the bumpers.

I painted the emblems graphite, which is the same color as the wheels.

Who is good at photoshop? ;)

TIA!

2B8502D3-458E-40A8-B16C-1F874D01B3C4.jpeg

My 2005 has a lot of bumper scuffs that need some attention. I'm thinking of getting the bumpers and trim painted to match the rims. However, I would like the rims a little darker, similar to the color of the 06-07's. The white is growing on me but I am still not a fan of the beige trim and bumpers. Let's see some options.

I didn't like my beige trims and bumpers so i shot it in a metallic silver and cleared it, looks much better now, the old bumpers were scuffed anyways and trims had trail damage.

43575241531_956c7bf02f_h.jpg

have you considered wrapping the trim? That is my plan... it seems like less of a hassle than masking and spraying (You can't pull them off without them breaking)
I'm leaving the factory trim white for now. When the Dessent bumpers come in I will have them powder coated Anthracite. There is already a small piece of trim (about 3/8) which is antracite gray.

Part of my 300k renovation this Spring was painting all trim to match body.
When I acquired my 99 many years ago, it also was adorned in gold.

38376822-60DA-4ABD-8CDB-B73826970E1E.jpeg

I'm debating a color change for the bumpers and trim as well. Though the dealer I got it from had them resprayed right before I bought it so they are in great shape. In the meantime, this shows what a blackout panel and Plastidip on the grill trim look like.
IMG_1601.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom