Let’s see your white 100 series! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thread.

3rd place 36 hour 100.

Triple locked 2004.

My daily driver now.

D530CAE1-00BD-4749-9B4F-92CE538623A2.jpeg

1999-land-cruiser-with-rack-jpg.829110

IMG_2844.jpg

I really want paint my trim white. I'm torn between plasti dip and real paint. Any thoughts?

Personally, I had a good experience with plastidip on my 4Runner and I hated it on my Land Cruiser emblems and took it off. Then I used real paint. No help, I know. ;)

Personally, I had a good experience with plastidip on my 4Runner and I hated it on my Land Cruiser emblems and took it off. Then I used real paint. No help, I know. ;)

Thanks. I see most people leave the trim on while painting it. I'm gonna have it a shot one of these weekends.

Thanks. I see most people leave the trim on while painting it. I'm gonna have it a shot one of these weekends.

I still haven’t done my trim....the reason I started this thread. But I am going to leave the trim on when I do it bc I heard it is a PIA to take them off due to broken clips, etc.

I still haven’t done my trim....the reason I started this thread. But I am going to leave the trim on when I do it bc I heard it is a PIA to take them off due to broken clips, etc.

Yup I heard the same. If you weren't across the country I would say we have a trim painting / beer party.

View attachment 1768182

I really want paint my trim white. I'm torn between plasti dip and real paint. Any thoughts?

I’ve used both paint and Plasti-dip. The Plasti is crap and begins to look like crap in a couple/few years. At that age, it no longer peels off either. Also, you can’t color-match Plasti...the whites will be different.

I painted my side trim (taped it off) with color-matched rattle can and clear. I’ve been happy with it and the labor is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom