LC200 price drop next year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Madtiger without getting too far off-topic here, what was the main problem with the LX600 trans? When we were shopping for a Sienna a few years ago, I discovered that somewhere around the 2017-18 year when they initially switched from the 6-spd to the 8-speed transmission, the factory basically screwed up and Toyota tried to "fix" a hardware problem with a software patch. In fact, I drove one of those used models on a test drive and it was utterly unacceptable. I understood 100% why someone traded that car in. I think Toyota actually fixed the hardware problem for the 2019 MY Sienna. We ended up finding a clean 2015 and still have it.

Kendall Lexus here in Anchorage has four LX600’s in stock. No wait. They cold called me and occurred me $5k off the most expensive luxury one.

BC the trims were done all wrong and no one wants those. Same here. I called 2 weeks ago.
Theres crappy ones on the lot sitting and then the good trim wait list was 160+

Another thing i was right about….

Kendall Lexus here in Anchorage has four LX600’s in stock. No wait. They cold called me and occurred me $5k off the most expensive luxury one.
They have been calling me as well. I drove by a week ago but was afraid to stop and get too tempted. The silver F Sport looked great but I bet it had AHC which I do not want.

I’d look like an idiot driving that in Homer anyways.

They have been calling me as well. I drove by a week ago but was afraid to stop and get too tempted. The silver F Sport looked great but I bet it had AHC which I do not want.

F Sport looks cool but I do not like the infotainment.

I would not want to run into a Kenai Ken or Talkeetna Tommy in a brand new LX. :rofl:

@Madtiger without getting too far off-topic here, what was the main problem with the LX600 trans? When we were shopping for a Sienna a few years ago, I discovered that somewhere around the 2017-18 year when they initially switched from the 6-spd to the 8-speed transmission, the factory basically screwed up and Toyota tried to "fix" a hardware problem with a software patch. In fact, I drove one of those used models on a test drive and it was utterly unacceptable. I understood 100% why someone traded that car in. I think Toyota actually fixed the hardware problem for the 2019 MY Sienna. We ended up finding a clean 2015 and still have it.
Hesitation when showing and then accelerating. There is turbo lag. Transmission just takes a second or two to think often.

I think that if the LX has hybrid power rain then it would be better bc the battery can send power while waiting for transmission and engine to get on same page?

No worst then when the deadly catch brothers had the 2 yellow lambos in Homer a while back…

I drove that silver f sport 2-3 weeks ago, it felt so much smaller then my LX, felt more like a GX460, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

That's the old days, it’s not 2018 anymore... a new Corolla or Civic in top trim is now pushing $50k and even then, one might not get one.
Can you share those prices for new Civic or Corolla costing 50k? I would like to see that. Cause civic trims I see are sport, ex, and touring none I’ve seen reach $50k and Corolla GR isn’t sold in the US so what Corolla and Civic are you talking about?

You sure about that?
I think he is referring to the infinitely more awesome Yaris GR as not coming stateside. Having said that, based on inventory - or lack thereof - the GR Corolla is not being sold here either. 😂

No worst then when the deadly catch brothers had the 2 yellow lambos in Homer a while back…

I drove that silver f sport 2-3 weeks ago, it felt so much smaller then my LX, felt more like a GX460, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
Or the Old Believers in their brand new lifted bro Super Duties with 26” wheels.

Can you share those prices for new Civic or Corolla costing 50k? I would like to see that. Cause civic trims I see are sport, ex, and touring none I’ve seen reach $50k and Corolla GR isn’t sold in the US so what Corolla and Civic are you talking about?
Have you been to an actual dealer and seen what they actually charge for a regular Corolla? I have - i had to buy a car for my college age son recently. Bought him an over priced Subaru instead.

Not sold in US huh? Might want to learn a bit more about the car market buddy. Or are you going to PM me with another example of salvage title car with not working A/C and heater 🤣

Not sold in US huh? Might want to learn a bit more about the car market buddy. Or are you going to PM me with another example of salvage title car with not working A/C and heater 🤣

Ahhh buddy what did you say? Civic and Corolla correct? Nothing about a Honda Civic Type R or Toyota Corolla GR right? Sense you want to be so specifically correct about detail. When I said 6spd you’re assuming about it being V160 and I didn’t mention nothing about it. 2nd why would I want to PM you? Your the one who messaged me privately. So I’m waiting to see a civic and Corolla for 50k not a Civic Type R or Corrola GR?

Have you been to an actual dealer and seen what they actually charge for a regular Corolla? I have - i had to buy a car for my college age son recently. Bought him an over priced Subaru instead.
I’ve been on deployment sense beginning of this year. Haven’t been looking sense now my time is almost up. I’ll see in December when I get home. But so far just looking online.

Ahhh buddy what did you say? Civic and Corolla correct? Nothing about a Honda Civic Type R or Toyota Corolla GR right? Sense you want to be so specifically correct about detail. When I said 6spd you’re assuming about it being V160 and I didn’t mention nothing about it. 2nd why would I want to PM you? Your the one who messaged me privately. So I’m waiting to see a civic and Corolla for 50k not a Civic Type R or Corrola GR?
I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. If you read carefully, I did say in "top trim", which both Civic Type R and GR Corolla I linked are top trims of respective models. And when people talk about vehicle models and valuations, they obviously talk about original equipment, not transmission swaps or salvage title cars with inoperable A/C 🤣

Why PM? To keep the thread on track before the mods shut it down. But obviously you don't want to do that...

Yeah. Its a huge problem.
Ive decided to chill until the apocalypse, then buy a new toy then.

Yeah. Its a huge problem.
Ive decided to chill until the apocalypse, then buy a new toy then.

Good thing the 200 series is one of the best rigs out their to stave off needing to buy a car for the next 20 years haha.

The amount of issues popping up on the new tundra forums is staggering with the Toyota TNGA-F platforms. New platform and growing pains, I get it, but Trucks just randomly dieing on the highway with loss of power? All to start right back up once they come to a start? Oh and not to mention the countless amount of spun rod bearings grenading the engines.

The 200 series has some problems, but it sure beats out the majority of the overpriced trash auto manufactures are making these days.

Last edited:
I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. If you read carefully, I did say in "top trim", which both Civic Type R and GR Corolla I linked are top trims of respective models. And when people talk about vehicle models and valuations, they obviously talk about original equipment, not transmission swaps or salvage title cars with inoperable A/C 🤣

Why PM? To keep the thread on track before the mods shut it down. But obviously you don't want to do that...
This isn’t going no where. Comprehend 😂 you’re the last one to be talking. Do you know the difference between a car trim and a car model? Obviously not.You’re one of those people that want others to do the leg work to prove/show instead of you looking for yourself. Then when they do show it to you, you still have something to say. Well well…. What a wise person told me is “what’s common sense to you may not be common sense to the other”.

If you wanted this on track you should have thought about it and messaged me privately instead of on the thread.

Good thing the 200 series is one of the best rigs out their to stave off needing to buy a car for the next 20 years haha.

The amount of issues popping up on the new tundra forums is staggering with the Toyota TNGA-F platforms. New platform and growing pains, I get it, but Trucks just randomly dieing on the highway with loss of power? All to start right back up once they come to a start? Oh and not to mention the countless amount of spun rod bearings grenading the engines.

The 200 series has some problems, but it sure beats out the majority of the overpriced trash auto manufactures are making these days.

Ive seen or heard rather a bunch of issues with even the new 300s and LXs.
On mud it seems like transmission issues are abundant.
They are doing a lot over at Toyota at the moment but I think their golden age has passed for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom