LC200 price drop next year (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This isn’t going no where. Comprehend 😂 you’re the last one to be talking. Do you know the difference between a car trim and a car model? Obviously not.You’re one of those people that want others to do the leg work to prove/show instead of you looking for yourself. Then when they do show it to you, you still have something to say. Well well…. What a wise person told me is “what’s common sense to you may not be common sense to the other”.

If you wanted this on track you should have thought about it and messaged me privately instead of on the thread.

You haven't shown anything that supported your vehicle market knowledge. Which would have been fine if you weren't so ignorant.

I did message you. Yet, you decided to respond here. I'm done with you, because this is going nowhere.

Good thing the 200 series is one of the best rigs out their to stave off needing to buy a car for the next 20 years haha.

The amount of issues popping up on the new tundra forums is staggering with the Toyota TNGA-F platforms. New platform and growing pains, I get it, but Trucks just randomly dieing on the highway with loss of power? All to start right back up once they come to a start? Oh and not to mention the countless amount of spun rod bearings grenading the engines.

The 200 series has some problems, but it sure beats out the majority of the overpriced trash auto manufactures are making these days.
Regarding the Tundra issues - there has been a lot more talk on forums than actual problems. If it affects you it is a big deal. But there have been approximately 68 warranty claims due to turbo waste gate issues per industry forums and all were early builds in the first 6 months of production. Even the vaunted 200 with the 5.7 had issues in the beginning, as do all brand new models. So not super concerned. But I am glad that I bought my 200 7 years into the production run.

You haven't shown anything that supported your vehicle market knowledge. Which would have been fine if you weren't so ignorant.

I did message you. Yet, you decided to respond here. I'm done with you, because this is going nowhere.
Are you mentally ok? Yourself even acknowledged the cars I showed you. I never said they were ORIGINAL 6spd V160’s did I? Then I even showed you the problem with the 1 V160 the guy sold and you still want to complain. You need to learn how to read and comprehend. You’re the one claiming who knows the market but yet delusional to what is getting sold. I’m not about to look and find every Supra that has been sold just to prove you’re wrong. Do your own leg work. Ignorant? Coming from a illiterate uninformed person.

Regarding the Tundra issues - there has been a lot more talk on forums than actual problems. If it affects you it is a big deal. But there have been approximately 68 warranty claims due to turbo waste gate issues per industry forums and all were early builds in the first 6 months of production. Even the vaunted 200 with the 5.7 had issues in the beginning, as do all brand new models. So not super concerned. But I am glad that I bought my 200 7 years into the production run.

The turbo waste gate issue isn’t as big of a deal compared to the spun rod bearing problem. It appears, they have fixed the waste gate issue with their defective supplier parts.

Now the spun rod bearing… there’s been a ton of tundras in the shop with blown engines because of it. And there really doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Until they fix this issue with the V35A-FTS, it’s a platform I cannot trust.

The turbo waste gate issue isn’t as big of a deal compared to the spun rod bearing problem. It appears, they have fixed the waste gate issue with their defective supplier parts.

Now the spun rod bearing… there’s been a ton of tundras in the shop with blown engines because of it. And there really doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Until they fix this issue with the V35A-FTS, it’s a platform I cannot trust.

Apparently its also a giant pain in the ass to work on the engine.

As far as the V35A yeah,,, hot V. Twin coolers should help with that but the thing sure is complicated.
Even CCN had to make an extra wincy face about it.

But really of all the things that happened to the 300, specially LX, the engine isnt even at the top of my list of gripes.

I think the 250 in either LC or GX guise, 200, and 300 series are all great choices. I think they'll all stay up. Us mudders will surely keep the demand hot for the 200.

For the guys arguing about the Corolla and Civic:

Car trim/car model I think it was just a miscommunication. I personally use them interchangeably. Cheers!

I wonder what the actual number is. I don’t trust the echo chamber of any forum.

I think the 250 in either LC or GX guise, 200, and 300 series are all great choices. I think they'll all stay up. Us mudders will surely keep the demand hot for the 200.

For the guys arguing about the Corolla and Civic:

Car trim/car model I think it was just a miscommunication. I personally use them interchangeably. Cheers!
I already hit ignore on him earlier today so no more arguing. I don't think it was a simple miscommunication. His level of ignorance and contradiction was too much for me 🤣

I already hit ignore on him earlier today so no more arguing. I don't think it was a simple miscommunication. His level of ignorance and contradiction was too much for me 🤣

Everyone has a zen mode for MUD with the right combos of ignore.

For me its 1 fake as hell “AHC expert”, 1 fake as hell everything “expert”, and 1 fake as hell tire “expert”.
All of whom give life threatening “advice”.

I have multiple friends here on personal phone messaging, so when I duck out, we still chat semi regularly.
You should send me a PM too cowboy

I think V8 LC200 will keep a good amount of followers but the new platform is probably taking good amount of pressure from the LC200 used car market, eventually.

Given the low production numbers of 2016+ 200-series, and the steady solid pricing for 2006-2006 100-series models, I don't see what everyone's worried about.

Part of the appeal of these trucks are that they lack modern tech & complicated drivetrains. Waiting to buy a Land Cruiser means you're missing out today on a great truck. Life's too short to care about a few $1,000 y'all

I have the new Tundra with the TTV6. Mine is the Hybrid. My FIL has the same truck in non-hybrid, and his has just about 40,000 miles with no issues (not a lot of miles for a truck, but quite a bit for a 2022). The number of engines with issues is a fraction of a percent, and this happens with new engines. My 23 only has 3k miles, so time will tell how it holds up. So far I have been very happy with the truck.

My Tundra gauge shows when the turbos are on, and it is only a small fraction of the time. In most situations I can cruise at 70 without the Turbos. If I have been driving hard, I'll let the engine idle for a few minutes to allow oil to circulate and cool the turbos down as Turbos can get very hot, and letting the oil circulate makes a big difference for bearing longevity in general. I'll also have OCI of 5k, but I do that with most vehicles.

I'll say that the engine has a lot more pep than my 200, but the hybrid may account for part of that. I'll also note that my previous 2012 Tundra seems to have a bit more power than either of my 200s. Could be tuning, or the lack of FT-4WD in the Tundra. I'm very impressed with the performance of the TTV6 engine, which I have tested a few times passing slow RVs. The 10 speed transmission is smooth as butter, as in the hybrid to ICE transition.

The TTV6 also went back to a screw on oil filter, and is fairly easy to change.

My biggest issue, which I have noted before, was the enhanced engine noise they pump through the JBL speakers. It is evidently the actual engine noise, just enhanced to be loud. I used Techstream to turn it off on day one.

I'll also note that my previous 2012 Tundra seems to have a bit more power than either of my 200s.

Most Tundras will be a bit lighter than a 200, that could account for the feeling of more power.

My biggest issue, which I have noted before, was the enhanced engine noise they pump through the JBL speakers. It is evidently the actual engine noise, just enhanced to be loud. I used Techstream to turn it off on day one.
I heard from Youtube that the fake engine noise is that of an actual V8 engine (NOT the TTV6).

@bjowett put AWD in his tundra and can probably speak to the perceived impact on power delivery.

Most Tundras will be a bit lighter than a 200, that could account for the feeling of more power.
My 2023 Tundra TRD Pro is 6,015 lbs plus rci skids and cbi sliders. My 2012 Rock Warrior was 5,625 +bud sliders and Leer camper.

My 2011 Cruiser was stock except lite steel bud skids. My 2016 200 is heavier with steel bull bar bumper, bud skids and sliders, lift, etc. However, even when stock it felt slower than my 12 Tundra. Stock cruisers are 5800 lbs.

My 23 Tundra blows the 12 out of the water, and I've averaged around 19.5 mpg. If the new engine is reliable, it is a home run.

My 2023 Tundra TRD Pro is 6,015 lbs plus rci skids and cbi sliders. My 2012 Rock Warrior was 5,625 +bud sliders and Leer camper.

My 2011 Cruiser was stock except lite steel bud skids. My 2016 200 is heavier with steel bull bar bumper, bud skids and sliders, lift, etc. However, even when stock it felt slower than my 12 Tundra. Stock cruisers are 5800 lbs.

My 23 Tundra blows the 12 out of the water, and I've averaged around 19.5 mpg. If the new engine is reliable, it is a home run.

There will be some variance between 200/LX570, and various Tundra trims.

My 2014 LX570 is 6000lbs.

While 2014 Tundra weights come in between 4760lb and 5860lbs.

There will be some variance between 200/LX570, and various Tundra trims.

My 2014 LX570 is 6000lbs.

While 2014 Tundra weights come in between 4760lb and 5860lbs.
Yep, the LX is a bit heavier, about 6k across model years, newer ones a little heavier.

The new Tundra also holds over 80 lbs more fuel compared to a stock 200. The '12 Tundra had a similar sized tank as the 200. Most crewmax 4x4 tundras are similar to the 200 in weight.

The bigger Tundra tank is a great feature. I could go a little over 700 miles to empty based on my avg mileage (about 19.5 mpg). Like the 200, the gas light comes on with a fairly large reserve. Probably my biggest gripe of the 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom