LC200 price drop next year (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I forgot about that trend in new cars. Do you think they will do that on the GX550 & LC250?
Maybe LC. I doubt that Lexus would do that.

Exceptionally pathetic.
Worst part is that some tundra owners state that the noise sometimes does not correspond to the actual RPMs.

I wonder if they do this in the V6 Raptors too, because they all floor them around here thinking they sound good but all I hear is a pissed off bumble bee!
Probably. My Ford does not pipe anything inside cabin. Whew.

Exceptionally pathetic.
This is the actual bicycle of the engineer who came up with engine noise through speakers:

1695302684681.jpeg

I don't know.......i checked out LX600 a while back......not that impressive with the materials. Transmission was trash. Engine was only OK...not as impressive as i imagine it would be...maybe because the transmission was bad? Ride (at least with AHC) was unimpressive.

And i think that MT Figure 8 numbers were actually worst for LX600 than LC.
Gonna jump in the middle here…. Been after my dealer since early this year trying to find LX new with appearance package. Either through misunderstanding him or misunderstanding him, one never came in so I went finally to drive a 16 mile new LX Luxury package. As much as I wanted to like it, seemed big and unimpressive. The technology seemed a bit confusing to use and the transmission seemed , not jerky, but just not right. Hard to explain. When I got back in my LC200, I realized how much I like my truck!

BUT - that said, they did have a nice , new , GX on the floor. White like mine and tan interior. Not sure what package, but very nicely optioned. It was NICE.

I think 200 prices are largely impacted by gas prices. 4 dollar gas @12MPG is like an another car payment for a commuter. I’ve noticed a lot of people listing their rigs on fb or here saying their current truck is too big or they need a commuter. Hell, I drove my dads wrangler unlimited with a turbo 4, and it said I was getting 27 mpg at 73 mph. This is an unlimited with 4wd and solid axles.

I think 200 prices are largely impacted by gas prices. 4 dollar gas @12MPG is like an another car payment for a commuter. I’ve noticed a lot of people listing their rigs on fb or here saying their current truck is too big or they need a commuter. Hell, I drove my dads wrangler unlimited with a turbo 4, and it said I was getting 27 mpg at 73 mph. This is an unlimited with 4wd and solid axles.
I don’t even have much of a commute and I would be at $500 a month in gas if I drove the LX daily. I save ~$8-10k a year driving the Tesla.

Those numbers seem REALLY high. If gas is $5/gallon, at 15mpg, you'd need drive 24,000 miles to get to $8,000. And, then there is the cost of the tesla and electricity for it.
The number might include incidental maintenance on the LX, but I agree, seems quite exaggerated. Especially once you factor in insurance + incidentals for the second vehicle.

Those numbers seem REALLY high. If gas is $5/gallon, at 15mpg, you'd need drive 24,000 miles to get to $8,000. And, then there is the cost of the tesla and electricity for it.
Roof rack, 33” at tires, crappy roads, crappy Alaska weather,…. My lifetime average is 10.8 mpg. I only drive 11-12k miles a year. Gas is currently $4.89-$5.50. So I’m at $5-6k a year for gas. For the LX I do fluids: oil change every 7-10k Miles, diffs every 15k, ahc, trans,…. Brake pads, rotors,…Do a battery every 3 years for $300, tires are more expensive and needed more often.

I do most of the PM myself but between the Alaska mark up on parts, no free shipping, no shipping at all
For some things, shops are a least 4x up here to the lower 48, local shops want $4800 to do the 60k pm. I’m about to do the radiator+water pump+idler, I will spend closer to double what others will for parts. That said if I spread out the PM I average ball park ~$1-2k+ a year

For the Teslas I charge off solar at home or for free at work. If I pay rack rate to charge the Tesla for an entire year I would be out ~$270 (vs $5-6k) in electricity to go 12k miles a year. And we have pretty high kWh rates.

On the teslas only fluid it has to change is brakes every 2 years. Tires last twice as long and are 30% less, 90k miles and 8 years and my S is on original brake pads with ~70% remaining…. 5 years I’m on the original tires, brake pads are still 90% on my 3. Insurance is cheaper.

So ballpark $8k a year.

Last edited:
Roof rack, 33” at tires, crappy roads, crappy Alaska weather,…. My lifetime average is 10.8 mpg. I only drive 11-12k miles a year. Gas is currently $4.89-$5.50. So I’m at $5-6k a year for gas. For the LX I do fluids: oil change every 7-10k Miles, diffs every 15k, ahc, trans,…. Brake pads, rotors,…Do a battery every 3 years for $300, tires are more expensive and needed more often.

I do most of the PM myself but between the Alaska mark up on parts, no free shipping, no shipping at all
For some things, shops are a least 4x up here to the lower 48, local shops want $4800 to do the 60k pm. I’m about to do the radiator+water pump+idler, I will spend closer to double what others will for parts. That said if I spread out the PM I average ball park ~$1-2k+

For the Teslas I charge off solar at home or for free at work. If I pay rack rate to charge the Tesla for an entire year I would be out ~$270 (vs $5-6k) in electricity to go 12k miles a year. And we have pretty high kWh rates.

only fluid it has to change is brakes every 2 years. Tires last twice as long and are 30% less, 90k miles and 8 years and my S is on original brake pads with ~70% remaining…. 5 years I’m on the original tires, brake pads are still 90% on my 3. Insurance is cheaper.

So ballpark $8k a year.
It's hard to beat a Tesla for a commuter. Our Y has saved us over half the cost of the car in gas and registration/tax incentives already. (Purchased June 2020)

It's hard to beat a Tesla for a commuter. Our Y has saved us over half the cost of the car in gas and registration/tax incentives already. (Purchased June 2020)
I have had a model three for over five years now. I think I’m pretty close to between the initial tax credit and the money saved from not driving my LX to completely covering the cost of the Tesla.

Coming to this tread to get an opinion if this 09 LX is priced right at $33K, with only 35K miles. It hasn’t been driven much and practically sat for last 2-3 years. Towed in in March 2022 for no-start, probably a drained battery. Dealership maintained at regular mileage intervals (but not time intervals).

Used 2009 LEXUS LX 570 For Sale at Dartmouth Nissan | VIN: JTJHY00W494023476 - https://www.dartmouthnissan.com/used/LEXUS/2009-LEXUS-LX+570-7ac40f460a0e0a923270a51adf093188.htm
On the surface price seems solid with miles like that, especially if it mechanically checks out. Biggest question I would have is what does it look like underneath. I looked at a 2011 with only 70k that had spent a few years in MA and was shocked by the level of corrosion. Of course you are up there so you would know

For some things, shops are a least 4x up here to the lower 48, local shops want $4800 to do the 60k pm. I’m about to do the radiator+water pump+idler, I will spend closer to double what others will for parts. That said if I spread out the PM I average ball park ~$1-2k+ a year

On the teslas only fluid it has to change is brakes every 2 years. Tires last twice as long and are 30% less, 90k miles and 8 years and my S is on original brake pads with ~70% remaining…. 5 years I’m on the original tires, brake pads are still 90% on my 3. Insurance is cheaper.

So ballpark $8k a year.
Don’t they have antifreeze too?

And what’s the AK gas/oil annual payout these days for residents from the state?

Don’t they have antifreeze too?

And what’s the AK gas/oil annual payout these days for residents from the state?
Antifreeze in the gas? No. But we also have no ethanol so get better mpg then the gas with ethanol.

This year the PFD is going to be $1312 when it pays out next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom