LC200 price drop next year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the LX570 interior more durable than the 200 Series LC? I wasn't aware of that. I'm looking to buy an older used 200 Series.
Thanks.
I would say they are about the same. Like the other comment - it depends mostly on the previous owner. But I think the tradeoff for soft touch materials was durability. This is a good example of a 2017 with 82k miles. I just picked a random LC that came up as a "best value" on cargurus for me. Steering wheel peeling.
1694460348512.png

If you look at the earlier ones like the 08s - the wood grain paint tends to wear off on the plastics throughout and the controls on the back of the center console was not a good idea for anyone with kids. Probably half or more of the ones I've looked at had the rear control panel trashed by kids - it's right in the spot where kids are going to kick it either in the seat or passing through. Just poor design choice for location for anyone with kids. None of them are necessarily deal killers to me. It's just cosmetic stuff. But as a group - older LC200's look a lot worse than same year 4Runners or other Toyota and Lexus models on average in my experience. And I think that's going to pull values down. (These pics are not hard to find - pretty much look at any listing of used LC200 and you won't have to go far to find ones with similar wear.)
1694460461794.png

1694460548950.png

1694460587098.png

TBH - I'm not really sure who the LX600 is for. Everyone has different needs. It's just not a product I really understand the value proposition as it sort of spans the gap between the GX550 and TX, but costs a lot more than either one. Possibly as much as buying both depending on trims.

Probably unpopular opinion here: I think the primary consternation among LC200 owners vs the LC250 is related to the idea that "I paid a lot of money to be part of an exclusive club and now it's a lot cheaper to join." I'm not sure it has anything to do with the actual vehicle. Especially the GX. Nothing I've seen so far suggests it will be inferior in any physical way and a lot suggests it'll be better in meaningful ways: more power, more suspension travel, better KDSS, modern interior, better mpg, quieter interior, more range, locking rear diff, etc.

I think the market will come to the same conclusion and the LC200 will be largely forgotten as a LC wagon of yesteryear. Much like the LC100 has been for the last 15 years. Still a great platform, but you could buy them for dirt cheap. My co-worker tried to sell me theirs for $4k just a few years ago. And I said no. I just didn't have any reason to want to own it when I had a 4Runner in the driveway. But that's also the time to buy one as an excellent starting point for an adventure/weekend vehicle. So, I don't think it's necessarily bad. Just moving to the next phase in the lifecycle.
well my point is that if the LX600 feels that way......then GX550 and new LC are likely even worst???? Sh!t rolls downhill, right?

In other words, i fear that Toyota cut corners to give "more" features for same or less price. Look at the issues on the new Tundra and Sequoia. Cheap a$$ plastics. Rattles galore! Thin materials. Some of this also applied to the Lexus LX600 at $110,000 price tag! Cheaper feeling is what i feel when i get in a new Toyota. Aka...feel like American cars. And i am not even talking about the new powertrains and transmission!

I would say they are about the same. Like the other comment - it depends mostly on the previous owner. But I think the tradeoff for soft touch materials was durability. This is a good example of a 2017 with 82k miles. I just picked a random LC that came up as a "best value" on cargurus for me. Steering wheel peeling.
View attachment 3426589
If you look at the earlier ones like the 08s - the wood grain paint tends to wear off on the plastics throughout and the controls on the back of the center console was not a good idea for anyone with kids. Probably half or more of the ones I've looked at had the rear control panel trashed by kids - it's right in the spot where kids are going to kick it either in the seat or passing through. Just poor design choice for location for anyone with kids. None of them are necessarily deal killers to me. It's just cosmetic stuff. But as a group - older LC200's look a lot worse than same year 4Runners or other Toyota and Lexus models on average in my experience. And I think that's going to pull values down. (These pics are not hard to find - pretty much look at any listing of used LC200 and you won't have to go far to find ones with similar wear.)
View attachment 3426590
View attachment 3426591
View attachment 3426592
Be careful....the COVID pandemic has led to tons of weird stuff happening to car interiors due to abundant use of alcohol sanitizers and/or other crap people put on their hands.

My sense is the 200 prices will collapse if and when Toyota gets it manufacturing, distribution, and dealer issues in the US and Canada finally worked out. Until then few if any of us will actually get a 250 of any form and if we do it will not be at MSRP but rather DSRP, TSRP, FUSRP, or whatever other rip off distributors and the dealers will try.

well my point is that if the LX600 feels that way......then GX550 and new LC are likely even worst???? Sh!t rolls downhill, right?

In other words, i fear that Toyota cut corners to give "more" features for same or less price. Look at the issues on the new Tundra and Sequoia. Cheap a$$ plastics. Rattles. Thin materials. And i am not even talking about the new powertrains and transmission!
It's hard to tell until we can finally drive them. The tundra I had come in was a mess. Fit and finish were poor. Enough so I chose not to buy it. I think they'll sort out the rattles and fit pretty quick. It's a core competency for Toyota. I've not only never driven an LX600 - but I've never even seen one in person. I'm living in AK right now and so I'm a isolated from everything for a bit until I get back down. Maybe as much as one more year.

I thought the ride quality and cabin noise in the Tundra I drove were excellent. Much improved over the last generation. The power delivery from the TT6 in the Tundra was also fantastic. I didn't have any issues with the shift logic. Basically invisible as far as I could tell. Much improved over my 5.7 tundra. I find the exhaust drone on the 5.7 exhausting on long trips towing. It's the OEM Limited trim exhaust. It's just kinda noisy under mid range loads towing a travel trailer at highway speed. I'd happily trade powertrains. I would not consider the new cabins or body style an improvement though. The body design group made it worse in almost all aspects. Smaller windows, smaller cabin, smaller bed, worse visibility, and yet also somehow longer and worse turn radius. Not impressed on that side. I think the new LC/GX looks great though as far as body design and layout (other than the cargo area battery issue). But the LC200 isn't exactly a great cargo area either with the 3rd row, so maybe that's a wash.

Last edited:
Be careful....the COVID pandemic has led to tons of weird stuff happening to car interiors due to abundant use of alcohol sanitizers and/or other crap people put on their hands.
They were just as bad pre-pandemic. That's when I was last shopping. I think it would be harder to find a good condition interior on an earlier model than a worn one.

They were just as bad pre-pandemic. That's when I was last shopping. I think it would be harder to find a good condition interior on an earlier model than a worn one.
I have 53k miles on 2019 LC. Other than a few creases on my leather seats, interior is fantastic. I do baby my cars tho. :)

It's hard to tell until we can finally drive them. The tundra I had come in was a mess. Fit and finish were poor. Enough so I chose not to buy it. I think they'll sort out the rattles and fit pretty quick. It's a core competency for Toyota. I've not only never driven an LX600 - but I've never even seen one in person. I'm living in AK right now and so I'm a isolated from everything for a bit until I get back down. Maybe as much as one more year.

I thought the ride quality and cabin noise in the Tundra I drove were excellent. Much improved over the last generation. The power delivery from the TT6 in the Tundra was also fantastic. I didn't have any issues with the shift logic. Basically invisible as far as I could tell. Much improved over my 5.7 tundra. I find the exhaust drone on the 5.7 exhausting on long trips towing. It's the OEM Limited trim exhaust. It's just kinda noisy under mid range loads towing a travel trailer at highway speed. I'd happily trade powertrains. I would not consider the new cabins or body style an improvement though. The body design group made it worse in almost all aspects. Smaller windows, smaller cabin, smaller bed, worse visibility, and yet also somehow longer and worse turn radius. Not impressed on that side. I think the new LC/GX looks great though as far as body design and layout (other than the cargo area battery issue). But the LC200 isn't exactly a great cargo area either with the 3rd row, so maybe that's a wash.
Not sure where you are in AK but there are a ton of new Tundras driving around Homer. Most are base trim but seem pretty expensive just to throw fish gear and junk in the back of.

I will start with saying that I did learn as much as I can about LX600 when I ordered LX570 at the end of 2021 (one of the last made) I didn't want V6 turbo and electric power steering. But I didn't know anything about interior. I've seen one in person but didn't sit in it and didn't touch it. It didn't look bad, but seats particularly did look cheaper/cheesier if it makes sense. Oh, and I didn't care about one piece 5th door for sure!! I only miss car play, but I knew I can retrofit one and after 2 years never did :)

A lot of russian youtubers went over LX600 criticising interior quality being not as good (fit/wobble/etc).

I set in new Tundra and yep, it's plastiky, rattles, etc. But what do you expect? Toyota is always like that. Thats why they have Lexus. LC200/100 is more of a exception vs rule on Toyota. And price reflects that.

Right now I have 3 trucks in garage: LX470, LX570 and GLS450(2023). 570>470 interior-wise. I feel like it wears very nice, I have 30k on it and not much going on.
Mercedes GLS feels cheaper inside. More features, screens, blah, blah. But overall somehow it doesn't feel premium. Seats definitely not as good.

I think about it like that: There is not much money to be made on those big trucks. Tech/screens is cheap once you have it(R&D). But insulation, leather, plastic, metal - all raw materials and cost money. I don't feel like increases in price on those cars follow inflation.

At the end - we see more "features" and less "substance". And I like my things to be simple but quality.

Last edited:
To the original topic I will say this: I’ve seen a good amount of LCs become available over the last two-three months that are still there today. Prices have been reduced again and again—not by a huge amount, but $1k here, $2k there once, twice, three times and they still have not sold. Of course we are coming off an absurd bubble for the LC market, so this is somewhat expected to a degree, but prices have continued to come down and I’m not seeing the LCs I’ve had my eye on sell. Just my observation.

yup.

I was out a Rigs/Coffee show and was pitched a great offer, but I am not selling. Guy was looking for last V8 generation and said when they come up the go fast and it was a sellers market.
tell that guy that i am selling mine for $120k. I will even throw in fuzzy dices or stainless steel balls to hang.

I have 53k miles on 2019 LC. Other than a few creases on my leather seats, interior is fantastic. I do baby my cars tho. :)
I see plenty of nice ones as well. Especially the post 2016 interior. Might also be heat related - I was in the southwest. Plus side was that all the chassis were super clean!
Not sure where you are in AK but there are a ton of new Tundras driving around Homer. Most are base trim but seem pretty expensive just to throw fish gear and junk in the back of.
I'm in Anchorage. I see some new Tundras around. But not a lot. I've seen one new Sequoia. There are a lot of 2nd gen tundras around here though. I think this is one of the best places for them due to the limited access and exorbitant cost of mechanics and the general road conditions. The way this climate destroys vehicles - my car buying is likely on hold until I move back south.

View attachment 3426589
View attachment 3426590
View attachment 3426591
View attachment 3426592
Thanks for posting that, it's very helpful to me.

I don't think so; totally different vehicles especially 200 series has V8......I would think 200 series become more valuable.....but then again i really don't care because I love it so much!

most vehicles are a depreciating assets......yes their exceptions low quantity runs or special editions......

Made in JAPAN! I will buy it! Made in USA ..... i would not even touch it! Made in Mexico.... forgettabout it!

I see plenty of nice ones as well. Especially the post 2016 interior. Might also be heat related - I was in the southwest. Plus side was that all the chassis were super clean!

I'm in Anchorage. I see some new Tundras around. But not a lot. I've seen one new Sequoia. There are a lot of 2nd gen tundras around here though. I think this is one of the best places for them due to the limited access and exorbitant cost of mechanics and the general road conditions. The way this climate destroys vehicles - my car buying is likely on hold until I move back south.
You’d be surprised how long cars last around here, even with the hard use. Especially with a typical small village Alaskans ability to fix things.

IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_7553.jpeg

IMG_7551.jpeg

IMG_7754.jpeg

If the Porsche market is anything to judge enthusiast vehicles by.

It's often not about objective performance, numbers, power, capacity, rather the more subjective things like feel, aesthetics, period correct design, exclusivity, nostalgia...

For the low volume 200-series, there is zero chance the bottom will drop out of it. If anything, they will stop depreciating and may actually appreciate. It is the last (at the moment) true cruiser in the states. Everyone understands that. These new fangled light weight cruisers will only assure the value of 200-series as the baddest and last of a line/era. If anything, enthusiasts and old dogs coming into enough disposable income will seek these as their dream vehicle because that's what they idolized when they were new and unreachable. Just like the way we look at 80-series and older, regardless of how their performance is trounced by the new models.

Prices will drop, but it will be more of a correction of the bubble than devaluation. Like anything else, price is driven by availability -- and 200s are a very low volume vehicle. Every month a couple will be totaled and others will be exposed to rust. And of course all will gain miles. I expect $40K (08-15) and $50K (16-21) to be the floor for vehicles under 100K, rust free. This is about 8-10% off current pricing and very roughly half-ish of what they cost new. Just like the 100s, mileage and condition will become king as the market consolidates years. Unlike the 100s, a lot fewer were made and they cost a lot more.

I don't expect new models to play a big factor. We can already see this with the continued strong pricing and interest of vehicles like the 2nd Gen TRD Pro Tundra: people continue to want the old motor and reasonably priced nice ones tend to sell in days rather than weeks or months. There hasn't really been an 'Osborne Effect' with the upcoming Tacoma and 4Runner changes, either.

While I love MUD, I definitely think there's an 'echo chamber' effect that skews regulars' view of value. One-off barn finds don't indicate a new market. People regularly list vehicles for sale here that end up sold elsewhere for more. The 200s are vehicles with low production volume, high buy-in, and continuing strong interest. We'll see a bubble correction but there's certainly an it factor to the LC/LX that's gotten out in the masses that'll keep them from being the sleeper deals that 100s were for years.

And I'm not just talk. I jumped on a nice one that I got a shot at because watching the market is my job and I believe these things. So, yes, prices will drop but not by much -- and if you want to get into a low(er) mileage one, best buy sooner than later. They aren't making any more of 'em.

Bought a 200 since I love V8s. Not gonna sell it and don’t care about depreciation. Owners always think our cars are worth more than they actually are 😂

A wise man once said, Land Cruises are like guns, you only buy them. (Never sell)

The 250 will hurt 4runner sales/ value more than anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom