Builds Land Crusher Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Radio is installed. Lots of running wires today.

Yaesu FTM-400xdr

For HIH9 this year, the HAM radio was by far the best new piece of kit we had. If you go offroad, I can’t recommend it enough. Being able to send APRS info was great for friends and family to check in on you, and having the ability to reach help at distance without cell signal is great piece of mind (not to mention crystal clear car to car comms with your trail buddies)

This little Yaesu FTM-400 did a killer job. It’s dual listen so you can listen and chat on one frequency while your APRS info is kicking out packets on the second.

Here’s a shot of the radio plotting altitude over distance (built in gps!)

If you haven’t seen it.... check out aprs.fi (that’s a website) and look at the map in your area, real time data, pretty cool.

41917DF7-50E5-4251-B836-BFC6123B1228.jpeg

Nice. That ham looks like a pretty deep rabbit hole to go down
It’s seemingly never ending...but so worth it, you don’t need to go too deep for a 2m/70cm mobile rig though :)

Awesome choice man!
We'll see how it plays out... it was free... but it was in an accident... so I'll need some hardware and some pounding, possible some chopping, and definitely some welding to get it back into shape. Hoping to have @CruiseLanderAZ dad freshen up the powder coat for me once I get the bumper sorted.

We'll see how it plays out... it was free... but it was in an accident... so I'll need some hardware and some pounding, possible some chopping, and definitely some welding to get it back into shape. Hoping to have @CruiseLanderAZ dad freshen up the powder coat for me once I get the bumper sorted.
Can't beat free! Good luck man!

Sweet cruiser, props for fabricating/doing a lot of parts yourself. How are those duratracs treating you? Mileage/even wear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom