Builds Land Crusher Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need to re purpose the driver side swing arm to mount your bike rack. I would tell you to get the RackAttach that 1Up sells as you can get it for either swing direction, but it will not work with two swing outs.

You need to re purpose the driver side swing arm to mount your bike rack. I would tell you to get the RackAttach that 1Up sells as you can get it for either swing direction, but it will not work with two swing outs.
Bummer, I was hoping that'd work! I have been throwing around the idea of adding a 2" receiver in place of the ant mount on the tire swing out (since it's the longer one), I just get a little nervous about the idea of that one swingout having my fancy bike AND the tire... thats a lot of weight and moment on that one swingout.

Nice build thread Joey. You are clearly talented or very patient or both working on metal fabrication, woodworking and the electronics! Well done.

Thanks :) I think it's mostly stubbornness and the fact that I can't leave anything alone. If you find yourself in AZ ever let me know, we can run some cool trails and build something in the garage!

The neighbors think we have a problem...
upload_2018-12-6_10-54-3.png

A problem I wouldn’t mind having. Just need another 80 ;)

Only thing you have to worry about is budget for fuel

P.S. I love my Recon Rack but I think it would present the same problem you have with no additional benefit unless you were trying to haul more bikes.

a very sad day for the 100

The spark plugs were progressively looser the further back I went. The #8 plug threads stripped and the plug crashed into the coil pack. They came out together. A wonderful gift from the previous owner
upload_2018-12-23_13-20-49.png

Here is #6 coil, the plug was finger tight, some gasses were getting passed the plug
upload_2018-12-23_13-21-33.png

Now, what to do? Pull the head and install a timesert? Timesert with head installed (access is tight)? @ncavi10 says it's time for a 24valve cummins.... if only budget was not a thing

90919-02230 Made in Japan
90080-19027 Made in USA (w/ imported and domestic material)
Denso 673-1303: I think, also made in Japan

So, unfortunately the 100 is still down and out. I haven't had a chance to do the timesert repair but it will hopefully happen this weekend. I have everything I need... except time.... I need more time... @CruiseLanderAZ maybe we can work on this on sunday?

The 100 IS ALIVE. She is back up and running. Got the timesert installed this afternoon and 6 of the coil packs replaced. Now, to see how long the Timesert thread repair lasts

I had the same issue blowing a plug out the head. I don’t drive a whole lot, but in the last year (6k Miles) I’ve had no issues with the timesert. Several long hauls.

Good to hear, hoping this thing lasts. It was pretty nerve wracking cutting the new threads and seat with the head installed.

Here's the latest project. Working on a replacement part to fill this void and mount a RAM ball and a Mic holder. For those interested, I am printing on a modded Monoprice MakerSelect Plus and the pictured part is just in PLA. The final part will be printed in NinjaTek Armadillo since it is much stronger and less likely to warp in the hot car.

I'd mounted my mic to the factory plastic part, but it kept popping out on rough trails and ultimately cracked:

The void:

The first attempt for fit check:

It needs some tweaks but it fits pretty good for the first go. The mounting plan (Unless I think of something better) is to print a small rectangular bracket with a hex hole for a nut, and sandwich the factory dash (the black surround), with a bolt through the front.

I'm thinking that the Mic holder will kick out on the right, bit of a wing so that it is on the passenger side of the phone.

The RAM ball mount with a 1/4-20 solder nut, which as been working really well on the FZJ80 useless pocket filler I printed:

(ignore the gap on the top, that part needs some tweaking still)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom