Builds Land Crusher Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet cruiser, props for fabricating/doing a lot of parts yourself. How are those duratracs treating you? Mileage/even wear?

Thanks! Honestly, If I could do it again I would probably stick with BFG KO2's... The fact that I blew a side wall, so badly, on such a small impact yesterday was pretty disappointing. I was aired down to 20 psi.

Milage was comparable to the BFG's (Honesty I try not to calculate milage, no point, it gets bad milage haha). and the wear has been pretty even. I am just coming up on my first rotation at around 10k miles.

Thanks! Honestly, If I could do it again I would probably stick with BFG KO2's... The fact that I blew a side wall, so badly, on such a small impact yesterday was pretty disappointing. I was aired down to 20 psi.

Milage was comparable to the BFG's (Honesty I try not to calculate milage, no point, it gets bad milage haha). and the wear has been pretty even. I am just

I hear ya. I'm contemplating some M/T's and have heard mixed things on the duratracs. Most interested in the longevity.

Got my switch from cruiserhead and the thing works great. Pulled power to illuminate the switch by tapping the green wire in the vent switch right above it.
1571446259159.png

Howdy from down the road in Tempe. Somehow ended up on your build thread for the first time while searching about DIY roof rack (I think I'm going to cobble something together with 80/20). Anyways, here was my not-so-cheap-but-extraordinarily-effective-and-functional solution to the rear swingout + bike rack conundrum: iSi Modular Extreme Duty Bike Carrier iSi Modular Bicycle Carrier - Extreme Duty 4x4x2 Bicycle Carrier

Rack1.jpg

Rack2.jpg

Obviously these photos are with the bike rack on one of my 4runners, not my UZJ100, but the fit is similar. Also note that I have a full-length swingout, so your two half-length swingouts will open without issue with the bikes still on the rack, and that's a 285/75/16 spare with 35L Yeti on the swingout. The iSi bike rack is pricey, plus it has to be shipped from the land down under, but it's been worth every penny. Ran Engineer, Ophir, Cinnamon, Imogene, etc. with it on there and had no issues...

Perhaps one of these days I'll come back over and pilfer through your leftover 100 series parts lying around after you replace them with new awesomeness :pompous:

Damn, what trail is that?

That's the backway to crown king, north of Phx, AZ.

Here are some more pics, it's a good one (albeit kind of long when you are trying all the bonus lines and have a big group).

1596483173849.png

1596483189906.png

1596483200712.png

1596483470451.png

I'm more referring to the mounting point. It seems to be a limiting factor in the break over angle.

did you drag yours?Just slap a doubler or two on it and put a little slider/gusset from frame to front face. spressomon has some posts about it

Can you post some more photos with the ironman bumper? I'm considering one myself; my 100 is a similar build to yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom