Builds Land Crusher Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beatiful trick. Now you just need a front bumper to go with the rear ;)

Thanks :) I'd definitely like a front bumper, but so far I have managed without one. The discretionary funds have been going towards the new 80 lately 🤣

BuildPro tube notcher came in the mail today, Certiflat weld table kit should be here next week. Time to get the roof rack underway.

Awesome man! I got the Escape Gear seat covers and love them.

So far my only complaint is that the dash cover, covers the auto light sensor... going to find someone local to cut a hole and stitch it (for the 100 and for the 80... yeah the 80 got a dash cover too!)

I forgot how terrible I am at bending tube. Here's the continuation of the roof rack project I started way too long ago and never got around to finishing. Got the second bit bended this afternoon. Didn't get the length to match perfectly with the one I bent months ago (I don't think I trimmed it to the correct length). I'll likely chop some out. Next up is to start cutting and notching the horizontal bars

Time to break in the tube notcher :)

I am working through some prep work for HIH9 this year, here is my current drain and fill list:
Item
Fluid
Volume
Plug Torque (drain and fill)
TransmissionMobil1 Synth ATF2-4.5 qt15 ft lb
Front DiffSAE 80W-90 Gear1.7 qt36 ft lb
Center DiffSAE 80W-90 Gear1.4 qt27 ft lb
Rear DiffSAE 80W-90 Gear3.5 qt36 ft lb
Engine OilMobil1 Synth 5W307.2 qt29 ft lb

And here are the part numbers for the plug gaskets:
Front Diff plug Gasket12157-100102
Center Diff plug Gasket90430-A00032
Rear Diff plug Gasket12157-100102
Trans Plug Gasket35178-300101

What does the 2-4.5 qt indicate on the transmission volume? Is that a flush then fill?
Seems that it varies how much comes out of the pan when you pull the plug, that range covers what I’ve found in various threads on mud. I put in a little over 3 quarts after draining and it seems happy. Need to get it warm and check again, may take a bit more

All of these fluids (expect engine oil) are things that I still need to tackle soon. I unfortunately have no history on their last change.

All of these fluids (expect engine oil) are things that I still need to tackle soon. I unfortunately have no history on their last change.

No better time to change them than right now, you can knock it all out in an afternoon if you get a nice oil pump

I guess the real question is: If you don't have pinstripes, do you really have a Land Cruiser?

To an extent, I agree, but I just feel downright guilty about the brush I shoved it through this weekend. It pulled up some of the vinyl I used to wrap the trim pieces...

To an extent, I agree, but I just feel downright guilty about the brush I shoved it through this weekend. It pulled up some of the vinyl I used to wrap the trim pieces...
That's not so cool. Every time I go out, I get more pinstripes. It is really discouraging me from doing anything to the paint.

That's not so cool. Every time I go out, I get more pinstripes. It is really discouraging me from doing anything to the paint.
overall, not too bad on most trails around AZ but we were playing around in the sierra anchas last weekend and it got real tight real quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom