KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm sorry but no, I did lists on the KISS system and can't imagine doing at this volume. (and if you don't know me or KISS know that this is a side gig, not my full time job) I'd have to hire someone and bump drawer price maybe $50/each in order to cover administering the list, contacting people as their slot comes up, answering emails about how much longer others have to wait, following up with changes to an order mid-stream, cutting individual purchase orders, tracking who has paid to know when they can then ship, following up with people that have not paid to let them know their slot will expire in X days, notifying them it expired only to have them come back with "the email was in spam you have to put me back on the list" - all for very seriously several hundred people (based on traffic I am seeing in the notify app).

I do agree with you this current system of stocking every week to have them sell out in minutes to a chorus of disappointment sucks for me too, I'm doing this to make folks happy and have some fun. Not disappoint folks. :cry:

SO someone code me a waiting list app in liquid I can drop into Shopify and I will pay you in gear. No joke, email me land shark outfitters at the gmail.
There isn't anyone on MUD who would volunteer a couple of hours in the evenings to help you out with the administrative stuff? I would, but I'm in the processing of packing/selling a house and driving contents to Eugene shortly.

@cruiserdahave you looked at wait.li or pre-order apps already available at shopify?

@cruzerDave - Man these drawers and related products have come a long way in just a couple of years- Looking Great Dave!

@ShadowMTN - can you tell me how you mounted the fridge slide to the top: is it mounted only to the top boards or did you tie it into the drawer frame? Thanks
I'm interested to learn how others are mounting fridge slides too. I have the Alu-Cab slide and I used t-nuts to mount it to the top board and it's worked out great so far. Super solid.

Any plans to make smaller versions to fit in other vehicles? I have a 4Runner and 40" is a tad too long. 36" version would be nice.

I got super lucky and snagged one last night! Going to mount next to my ARB roller floor to make a spot for the pups to be.

My first drawer came in yesterday! Second one is on order. Got lucky twice in a row before they sold out!

I'm sorry but no, I did lists on the KISS system and can't imagine doing at this volume. (and if you don't know me or KISS know that this is a side gig, not my full time job) I'd have to hire someone and bump drawer price maybe $50/each in order to cover administering the list, contacting people as their slot comes up, answering emails about how much longer others have to wait, following up with changes to an order mid-stream, cutting individual purchase orders, tracking who has paid to know when they can then ship, following up with people that have not paid to let them know their slot will expire in X days, notifying them it expired only to have them come back with "the email was in spam you have to put me back on the list" - all for very seriously several hundred people (based on traffic I am seeing in the notify app).

I do agree with you this current system of stocking every week to have them sell out in minutes to a chorus of disappointment sucks for me too, I'm doing this to make folks happy and have some fun. Not disappoint folks. :cry:

SO someone code me a waiting list app in liquid I can drop into Shopify and I will pay you in gear. No joke, email me land shark outfitters at the gmail.
emailed

Sounds interesting. I emailed you. That said I also did a bit of googling and there are some Shopify waitlist apps which might work for you already. As much as I'd like to trade coding for drawers, I'm also a KISS fan and can't see a great reason to reinvent the wheel unless you have special business logic you want to add

Here's a back-in-stock button where users would get an email when the item is available again. It's a waitlist, but it's unordered so anyone who waitlisted gets a chance to buy it when it comes back in stock. $20-40/month:

This one is free I think and has a pre-order button. You can charge people at that time or when it becomes available:

This one looks like it allows everyone to join a waitlist, and then you have the option of selecting people and making the item available to them when it comes back in stock (if you want to avoid a "free for all" by 100 people trying to nab 5 drawer kits). $15/month:

Sounds interesting. I emailed you. That said I also did a bit of googling and there are some Shopify waitlist apps which might work for you already. As much as I'd like to trade coding for drawers, I'm also a KISS fan and can't see a great reason to reinvent the wheel unless you have special business logic you want to add

Here's a back-in-stock button where users would get an email when the item is available again. It's a waitlist, but it's unordered so anyone who waitlisted gets a chance to buy it when it comes back in stock. $20-40/month:

This one is free I think and has a pre-order button. You can charge people at that time or when it becomes available:

This one looks like it allows everyone to join a waitlist, and then you have the option of selecting people and making the item available to them when it comes back in stock (if you want to avoid a "free for all" by 100 people trying to nab 5 drawer kits). $15/month:

Thank you VERY much for all the research there, and in the end I have cobbled together a band-aid until I can get something better. Believe me I do not want to recreate any wheels here, but my business needs just don't lien up with those well. And being perpetually short-handed I need to be as efficient as humanly possible...

For those wondering, I just reopened the store, notifications are still jacked up so if you move now you'll get in before the rush ;)

Thank you VERY much for all the research there, and in the end I have cobbled together a band-aid until I can get something better. Believe me I do not want to recreate any wheels here, but my business needs just don't lien up with those well. And being perpetually short-handed I need to be as efficient as humanly possible...

For those wondering, I just reopened the store, notifications are still jacked up so if you move now you'll get in before the rush ;)

How are you holding up with the crazy increase in plywood and lumber prices? Tim at Gamiviti was shocked at the price increases when he went to buy lumber to crate his racks for shipping recently. Your company was the one that immediately came to my mind because of all the plywood you must go through.

@cruzerDave is the sleeper kit compatible with the KISS kit?

My drawers are doing great after all this time. One very happy mudder.

@MGarland for my dometic fridge slide I used stainless steel wood screws that only went through the top. I predrilled pilot holes and used washers to prevent the screws from going all the way through. Probably 3/4ths of the way through. It has been super sturdy and no issues after almost 4 years. My pelican cooler rides around back there all year.

Last edited:
Hey Dave I am trying the pre-order setup you put up. I got all the thru my customization and it took me to paypal. On the shipping info no matter what address I try it says "we cannot ship to this address" any advice?

Finally got around to assembling mine! The fit and finish on the Reef setup is incredible. Less than mm precision on everything. It all just lines up and works. Truly a fantastic piece of engineering. I got the wing kit (excellent, really love the hinges) and the bolt down brackets which are ROCK SOLID. Got impatient wanting to use everything so bad and just went ahead and installed them after staining, will have to pull back out and put urethane coats on the exposed bits, add aluminum trim, a topper mat, and of course lots of stickers.

Props to Dave for designing all this! Can't wait to get a few more add-ons.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53da.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53dd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e5.jpg

Hey Dave I am trying the pre-order setup you put up. I got all the thru my customization and it took me to paypal. On the shipping info no matter what address I try it says "we cannot ship to this address" any advice?

Fighting glitches with this frankensystem, if you haven't retried and had it work (just squashed another bug) email me and can help sort it out.

Finally got around to assembling mine! The fit and finish on the Reef setup is incredible. Less than mm precision on everything. It all just lines up and works. Truly a fantastic piece of engineering. I got the wing kit (excellent, really love the hinges) and the bolt down brackets which are ROCK SOLID. Got impatient wanting to use everything so bad and just went ahead and installed them after staining, will have to pull back out and put urethane coats on the exposed bits, add aluminum trim, a topper mat, and of course lots of stickers.

Props to Dave for designing all this! Can't wait to get a few more add-ons.

View attachment 2423027
Looks great! Be sure to NOT poly the inside of the Reef or the outside sides of the drawers, or at least to only use a VERY thin coating - as you pointed out tolerances are tight and it woudl be theoretically possible to coat poly thick enough to start binding while sliding. (YMMV)

Are the new REEF drawers designed to open with the seats up now?

Are the new REEF drawers designed to open with the seats up now?

If by that you mean the wing kits, yes, they open fine with the 2nd row seats up but not fully reclined.

Fighting glitches with this frankensystem, if you haven't retried and had it work (just squashed another bug) email me and can help sort it out.

I am having the same issue trying to order just the wing kits for my KISS drawers, I sent you an email, look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom