KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey @cruzerDave i have been fiddling with making a drawer system and have finally settled on just utilizing your drawers and building around them. Any idea when you will have stock next? You had one in stock a week or two back and I guess I waited too long 🤦🏻‍♂️

LOL my extreme apologies but this has just been brutal- supply chain hiccups, loss of helpers form covid, and most recently a CNC fire. 2020 is not our friends. That said the CNC is hopefully fixed next couple days, so maaaaaaaaaaaaybe some stock this weekend. Working hard to meet demand, building shelving to streamline parts and products and kanban ordering systems in my downtime so things should get better... thanks for your patience!

LOL my extreme apologies but this has just been brutal- supply chain hiccups, loss of helpers form covid, and most recently a CNC fire. 2020 is not our friends. That said the CNC is hopefully fixed next couple days, so maaaaaaaaaaaaybe some stock this weekend. Working hard to meet demand, building shelving to streamline parts and products and kanban ordering systems in my downtime so things should get better... thanks for your patience!

We all understand. Weird year!!

Did you say kanban? How fancy! Best of luck with your supply-chain, it will be rewarding when it starts working out! Thankfully there is a strong demand for your products (where are Remora, Chum buckets? :) )

So this past weekend I went to stain my drawers and noticed some of the skeleton came loose. ended up taking it out and tightening it all up. after getting it back in i noticed that the drawers are dragging on the carpet as it comes out and over the end of the tailgate. I don't remember this happening as bad before. Is anyone else having this?

In the current version of these drawers there was a piece with them that can be attached to the bottom front to allow for clearance. Do you have that on there? If you zoom in on this pic you will see it under the front.

A2A24B45-52A4-4014-9F48-4EDCE4DF73E0.jpeg

So this past weekend I went to stain my drawers and noticed some of the skeleton came loose. ended up taking it out and tightening it all up. after getting it back in i noticed that the drawers are dragging on the carpet as it comes out and over the end of the tailgate. I don't remember this happening as bad before. Is anyone else having this?
Send me a photo via email and happy to help figure it out. If they are 2 years old that is a KISS system.

In the current version of these drawers there was a piece with them that can be attached to the bottom front to allow for clearance. Do you have that on there? If you zoom in on this pic you will see it under the front.

View attachment 2328715
Great looking setup! Where did you source the aluminum edge protection? Looking to add some to my rig, maybe even sell to folks if I can buy in bulk or this was tough to get. Do things snag on top where they are screwed down? (debating screwing from the front or not...)

Send me a photo via email and happy to help figure it out. If they are 2 years old that is a KISS system.

Great looking setup! Where did you source the aluminum edge protection? Looking to add some to my rig, maybe even sell to folks if I can buy in bulk or this was tough to get. Do things snag on top where they are screwed down? (debating screwing from the front or not...)

So it’s just aluminum from the Home Depot. I think 1/2” by 1”. There’s about a 32nd difference in the thickness of the birch. Not sure drilling on the front would be a good option. Since the Baltic birch is a laminate. It would likely spread. From the top I countersunk the holes. Then used a screw about the length of the ones for the wing hinges. I put aluminum on to prevent layers from getting caught and peeling. And I do have to say it is a great system. That being the drawers.
680AB29E-6920-4281-AAA1-DAE451025253.jpeg

Any update on your shipments and reef drawer availability? Messy cargo was driving me nuts this past weekend! Thanks-

Man - this must be the third time when I missed out on the stock. Oh well.

Man - this must be the third time when I missed out on the stock. Oh well.
Sorry that we can't build enough - I've aligned my vendors around 10/week and as that hits a stride we'll gradually increase. Wish it could be more but reality is there are a lot of modules (wings, anchors, Sandbar, Mayday, Seabed, Clamshell, plus several protos in dev) that also need bandwidth. Thank you for your patience...

After a 12 day trip, I've convinced my better half that we need some better trunk organization. Just waiting for them to be in stock to order!

Ditto! Didn’t have good enough cell service to order during my road trip. No way to get on a waiting list @cruzerDave?
I'm sorry but no, I did lists on the KISS system and can't imagine doing at this volume. (and if you don't know me or KISS know that this is a side gig, not my full time job) I'd have to hire someone and bump drawer price maybe $50/each in order to cover administering the list, contacting people as their slot comes up, answering emails about how much longer others have to wait, following up with changes to an order mid-stream, cutting individual purchase orders, tracking who has paid to know when they can then ship, following up with people that have not paid to let them know their slot will expire in X days, notifying them it expired only to have them come back with "the email was in spam you have to put me back on the list" - all for very seriously several hundred people (based on traffic I am seeing in the notify app).

I do agree with you this current system of stocking every week to have them sell out in minutes to a chorus of disappointment sucks for me too, I'm doing this to make folks happy and have some fun. Not disappoint folks. :cry:

SO someone code me a waiting list app in liquid I can drop into Shopify and I will pay you in gear. No joke, email me land shark outfitters at the gmail.

Totally understand. Clearly you make a great product that lots of folks want. Gonna have to stay on top of my emails.

View attachment 2328715
@cruzerDave - Man these drawers and related products have come a long way in just a couple of years- Looking Great Dave!

@ShadowMTN - can you tell me how you mounted the fridge slide to the top: is it mounted only to the top boards or did you tie it into the drawer frame? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom