Khamis Mushait FJ45, aka Ms Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do I get a prize?

:D
Winner winner chicken dinner! Thanks. You deserve a prize. I would have never thought of a speaker.

FE72A7D2-2335-415F-894C-CD0357B72BCA.png

I'm guessing finding those original speakers (for the plastic cases if nothing else) is going to be impossible. I checked the other side and it is missing as well. I didn't notice the brackets on the passenger side before as it's difficult to see behind the AC unit.

Last edited:
I have been unable to determine after looking at a few different part's diagram sources which number applies to the pair of kick panel speakers (as shown above). For some reason both numbers reference both the pair of speakers as well as the single speaker simultaneously. Pretty esoteric question but does anyone have any further insight? Specifically, is the pair of speakers 86160-60013 or 86160-60031? I'm guessing the latter. I'm also guessing nobody but me cares. 😝

If they are available anywhere in the world, it would be in your neck of the woods. All they can say is no 🤷🏻‍♂️

That likely could have been a radio or speaker "kit", which included multiple items with one part number. Good luck on your search!
Andrew

Maybe not complete unobtanium but pretty close. Took me a long time to chase down these parts and one shop in Saudi Arabia had them. I think I now have all the parts to put the A/C system back into service including all new OEM compressor, clutch, condenser, dryer, pressure switch, and the 3 hoses shown. Also while I can still get the parts I bought a new radiator, fan, and all the hoses and clamps. The oil coolers are also still available and I have been tempted but mine looks OK. I did buy all the hoses that go around that circuit though.

He also had a NOS glovebox knob and a rear door internal latch mechanism.

0E09C7BE-E4A9-46F9-B731-76F53FBB91E2.jpeg

I have been unable to determine after looking at a few different part's diagram sources which number applies to the pair of kick panel speakers (as shown above). For some reason both numbers reference both the pair of speakers as well as the single speaker simultaneously. Pretty esoteric question but does anyone have any further insight? Specifically, is the pair of speakers 86160-60013 or 86160-60031? I'm guessing the latter. I'm also guessing nobody but me cares. 😝

There's a classified post for 86160-60013 speakers here.
0c52f90e-d930-461c-ab83-581d2282533c-jpeg.1919196

If anyone needs front (or rear bench) seatbelts for their non-USA FJ45, FJ40, or FJ43 with the 3 passenger front, split bench, you can order them from Seatbelt Planet. It took two tries to get the fronts correct. The first time I ordered retractable shoulder belts for the front but the retractor mechanism was too wide to mount in the bottom holes. Those were the narrowest retractors to be found on the market so I went back to the OEM configuration of non-retractable, manually adjustable shoulder harnesses and these are going to work great. They actually aren't uncomfortable at all.

C66215E5-2EC3-46EB-A63F-CA1D4823281B.jpeg

BA3760D8-5E8D-4E6D-9BE0-E13B84C217D4.jpeg

2DF81148-83E2-498E-B94C-AD6A40E22591.jpeg

26F965A1-285B-4059-8752-758BE9DB33F2.jpeg

Was driving the Troopy all of last week to work and early this week I got a bunch of SMS notifications for 9 traffic violations. The crime? Not wearing a seatbelt. The tickets are SR 150 a pop. Around the corner from my house, on my commute route is an overhead camera that also nabs seat belt offenders and not just those with their mobile phones in hand.

Was I guilty? Hell no. Was wearing lap belts; 2007+ 70 series front middle bench lap belts to be more specific.

Will be taking the Troopy down to the police station next week to contest the tickets.

You’re one step ahead clearly!

Was I guilty? Hell no. Was wearing lap belts; 2007+ 70 series front middle bench lap belts to be more specific.

Will be taking the Troopy down to the police station next week to contest the tickets.

You’re one step ahead clearly!
That's about 40 USD a pop, right? This is interesting. Please post what happens. I've often wondered about how much data they collect here in Dubai from the cameras. There have been various mandates for more cameras in recent years.

Spent a few hours yesterday cleaning up the Troopy inside and out. I then took it for about a 30 minute drive around northern Riyadh. I really haven't driven it much at all since I didn't have good seatbelts so this was the longest drive since I drove it home from the depot. It pulls hard to the left if you stomp the brakes - no issue if you know it's going to happen and have both hands on the steering wheel. With more gentle braking it is hardly noticeable. Drive train feels very smooth but this puppy is geared pretty low. 90 km/h is a nice cruising speed but the rpms start getting up there above 100. Gears shift very nicely though up and down. Power steering feels almost like too much assist. It's actually easier to steer than my '94 FZJ75. It does get a bit wiggly though above 90. Probably needs new TREs, etc. Definitely wouldn't be a good daily commuter without some work but no issue as a grocery getter.

It came without door seals front or rear so I get a lot of fine dust intrusion. So far though an hour or less with a bucket of water and the interior is pretty clean. I have new OEM door seals for everywhere but I'm torn between installing those, the new dash pads I have, etc. and just driving it or tearing it apart and redoing everything from the ground up. It's not an easy choice as there isn't really any rust to speak of and if there is bondo then it is pretty thin as I haven't been able to find anything with a magnet. Good arguments either way. I have decided to wait until I get it back to the US to make that decision as that's only a few months away.

Of course after cleaning it up a dust storm followed by chocolate milk rain hit around 6pm yesterday. Then starting around 4am thunderstorms rolled in and have been with us on and off since then. I get a little water into the front floor boards but nothing in the back, even with no rear door seals. The top dripline does a pretty good job of keeping the water out.

If you think it doesn't rain in Saudi Arabia, here are some photos in front of my house this afternoon. There's a street under all that water.

13E9DB1C-1112-4522-AEE8-A738E4801E1A.jpeg

3D782F49-A0AA-4F19-8243-4364BC056112.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom