Khamis Mushait FJ45, aka Ms Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back to the Troopy. Does anyone know what type of finish, if any, came on the OEM fog light brackets? Mine are rusty and I want to paint or coat them. Almost looks like a black finish of some kind when I search the interwebs.

View attachment 3046657

View attachment 3046661

The one you show in the bag is the latest OEM that was available... and it is galvanized near as I can tell. They are different than what you have currently installed, they are cast more hollow, with ribs, than the original. I've got a set here if you want close-ups.

The one you show rusty is the older OEM design and was cast as more of a solid piece. No idea what the finish was originally, but I painted mine to match the front bumper, the pewter color.

Thanks to @Cruiser804 I now have a complete set of tool and starter rod holders. Would still love to find an OEM Jack and jack rods. Elusive.

5B48E7AF-33C8-4130-AF37-2D3C6F4EE4FF.jpeg

A few additional photos. That Troopy is incredible. It's sold and headed to some lucky person in Texas. It went through a German friend of my host so he doesn't know any further details other than the new owner lives in Texas. Between what he has at his house, what is in the shop and what is waiting on its turn, he has around 50 Land Cruisers: 40s, 43s, 45s, 55s, and 60s.

View attachment 2908284

View attachment 2908285

View attachment 2908286

View attachment 2908287

View attachment 2908288
I haven't met him and I hate him

Erm, hang on that's not right :/
At least 11 countries in Africa are RHD.
Thanks for the belated correction. Yes I know there are multiple countries in the southern part of Africa that are RHD. Not sure why I specifically said only South Africa. :meh:

A few additional photos. That Troopy is incredible. It's sold and headed to some lucky person in Texas. It went through a German friend of my host so he doesn't know any further details other than the new owner lives in Texas. Between what he has at his house, what is in the shop and what is waiting on its turn, he has around 50 Land Cruisers: 40s, 43s, 45s, 55s, and 60s.

View attachment 2908284

View attachment 2908285

View attachment 2908286

View attachment 2908287

View attachment 2908288
This is amazing, would you be able to share contact details? I’m based here in Riyadh and would love to have a look at his collection and see what’s for sale.

This is amazing, would you be able to share contact details? I’m based here in Riyadh and would love to have a look at his collection and see what’s for sale.
Sent you a PM. Nothing is normally for sale in his collection but I’m sure he would sell some at the right price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom