John Deere HIR bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not had my LX for about 2 years, but FYI, I just bought Wagner 9012LL bulbs from Amazon for $18 each, They are for my current truck (Nissan Titan), they arrived and when I unwrapped the bulb, it was a philips 9012. I have not installed it yet, but that is a pretty good price for them.

Search Ebay:

PHILIPS 9012LL/HIR2 X 2 BULBS C1 12V 55W PX22D STOCK COLOR COMPATIBLE HEAD LIGHT

$52 a set shipped
400 sets sold!
Nice Christmas Present for a Cruiser Head

see Half K cruisers post above ^^ home depot has the 9012 for 21.99 each / and the 9011 for 17.99 each, and if you order both sets its free shipping[over $45.00] but even at 21.99 x2 = 43.98 +6.00 shipping 49.98 for the 9012's

I recommend you buy them from Amazon, as in my above link, for only $18.xx, free shipping for orders over $35 (free 2 day if you have prime). Currently 37.18 for a pair of 9012 bulbs. 9011s are $12.87, with same deal for shipping. Quantities may be limited though...

@blkprj80 the 9011's are the high beam HIR's, I believe they are 2500 lumens compared to the low beam HIR's 1800 lumens. The wagner ones from Amazon are supposedly made by Philips of Germany. I was planning on swapping both my high's and lows with them and see if it causes any issues. I think as long as the lights are aimed proper then it shouldn't bother anybody. The one's you ordered from JD should be either Philips, china brand, or Toshiba, but I don't think Toshiba makes them anymore.

see Half K cruisers post above ^^ home depot has the 9012 for 21.99 each / and the 9011 for 17.99 each, and if you order both sets its free shipping[over $45.00] but even at 21.99 x2 = 43.98 +6.00 shipping 49.98 for the 9012's

Good catch to save $2, or a gallon of gas in the Midwest!

Will this bulb work on a 1997 lexus lx450

Yes, you will have to trim one of the tabs on the bulb.

BTW the new best price to be found on the 9011's is rockauto. They have the wagner/Philips version for less than $10 a bulb :eek:

did a quick search - can't find 'Toshiba' versions anywhere. Only thing that comes up on Amazon, Ebay, etc. is the Phillips bulbs.

Home Despot has the 9011 for $18/ea and the 9012 for $22/ea shipped to home for free since order is over $45. Amazon is just a $1 higher on the 9011, same on 9012. Pick your supplier of choice.

Last edited:
did a quick search - can't find 'Toshiba' versions anywhere. Only thing that comes up on Amazon, Ebay, etc. is the Phillips bulbs.

Home Despot has the 9011 for $18/ea and the 9012 for $22/ea shipped to home for free since order is over $45. Amazon is just a $1 higher on the 9011, same on 9012. Pick your supplier of choice.

The prices on Amazon probably change daily, but I just ordered x2 Wagner 9011 @$12.76ea, and X2 Wagner 9012 @$16.81ea. Total was $59 for all 4 bulbs shipped.

Update....
My local JD dealer just quoted me $40 per bulb

Which HIR bulb sold by RockAuto are people buying for the 80 series, high and low beams? Their search engine defaults to the correct fit, not the modified 9011/9012 that can be made to fit.

Which HIR bulb sold by RockAuto are people buying for the 80 series, high and low beams? Their search engine defaults to the correct fit, not the modified 9011/9012 that can be made to fit.

More Information for WAGNER 9011 These say Wagner on the package, but they will be a Philips of Germany bulb. I order them four at a time and run them across all 4 lamps.

LED> HIR and about the same price.

Less Power Consumption = Less Heat.

How do you go wrong?

LED in theory should far outlast Halogen unless the fan goes out.

LED> HIR and about the same price.

Less Power Consumption = Less Heat.

How do you go wrong?

LED in theory should far outlast Halogen unless the fan goes out.

Theory is the key word...It's not even close. I tried "good" focusable LEDs in my low beams. They are not even usable in my opinion. There is a lot more light but it's everywhere except where you need it. I could barely see the pavement but the street signs and trees were lit up like daytime with the best beam pattern I could get out of them. I was able to get some semblance of a horizontal cutoff after some time adjusting them but the light source is just too far off from where the factory reflector needs it to be. I took them out after a few nights and got HIRs. WAY less light but I can see much better than the LEDs.

Theory is the key word...It's not even close. I tried "good" focusable LEDs in my low beams. They are not even usable in my opinion. There is a lot more light but it's everywhere except where you need it. I could barely see the pavement but the street signs and trees were lit up like daytime with the best beam pattern I could get out of them. I was able to get some semblance of a horizontal cutoff after some time adjusting them but the light source is just too far off from where the factory reflector needs it to be. I took them out after a few nights and got HIRs. WAY less light but I can see much better than the LEDs.

Personal Preference, but I love my LEDs. My wifes car has then as well now. I do not care for the HIDs tho, I bought the $40 ones on Ebay so I'm sure OEM are much better.
The new Prius comes with LEDs.

I ran the Toshiba (John Deere) HIR bulbs for a few years. They were significantly brighter than the standard bulbs. Then I bought the 6000 (Pure white) LED bulbs with waterproof rating and heat syncs (73.00 per pair on ebay). I've been running the LED's just over a year now. The LED's are incredibly bright, as focused as the halogen bulbs were, and have no heat whatsoever. I put the HIR's in my daughters Honda Accord and she thinks they are awesome compared to factory bulbs. FYI.

In my area it seems all the rage for people to install the whitest brightest headlamps they can find ie: look how bright my lights are I must be cool type of thinking. They will not only replace the headlamps with the super white super bright lamps, but will often do the same thing for driving lamps or fog lamps, and then add a super bright LED bar.

Problem is the majority of these lamps are not model specific for the reflector design of the headlamp assembly. The result is that the light that is projected is not focused and not the correct color temp which produces a significant amount of glare for the drivers coming the other way. Extremely distracting to oncoming traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom