John Deere HIR bulbs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those look like a waste of $.
I just bought a set of Wagner Headlight Bulbs 9011 for the low beam for $20. 9011 is an upgrade to the #9006.

I just bought a set of Wagner Headlight Bulbs 9011 for the low beam for $20. 9011 is an upgrade to the #9006.

I think they are junk I went with sylvania bright white are way better

Yes, this is the way to go. Buy them on RockAuto.

Just get the Wagner 9011's , they are the best bang for the buck upgrade you are going to get. They are actually a Philips of Germany bulb inside Wagner packaging. @shocktower are you referring to the LED lights posted up above or the actual Philips HIR's? I've been through several sets of 9011's over the last 7 years and they have always been excellent.

Thanks At rockauto they are 8.40 per bulb so for 2 of them including shipping the total is 21.79 . That sound good to me .

Yep, good bulbs and inexpensive enough to buy a set of 'spares'. Go ahead and modify the bases and have them ready to go when the others finally burn out. I run them in both high and low beam locations. Still running my Toshiba units from 10 years ago. I have spares in the vehicle for when I need them.

Yep, good bulbs and inexpensive enough to buy a set of 'spares'. Go ahead and modify the bases and have them ready to go when the others finally burn out. I run them in both high and low beam locations. Still running my Toshiba units from 10 years ago. I have spares in the vehicle for when I need them.
Are you saying that the same 9011 will work in both high and low beam ? If so thats good to know . I like the idea of both high and low bulbs being the same bulb . Just one extra bulb in the truck would be good for all 4 lights . If I fit the 9011 for the low beam do I have to do any other adjustments to make it fit the high beams ?

Theory is the key word...It's not even close. I tried "good" focusable LEDs in my low beams. They are not even usable in my opinion. There is a lot more light but it's everywhere except where you need it. I could barely see the pavement but the street signs and trees were lit up like daytime with the best beam pattern I could get out of them. I was able to get some semblance of a horizontal cutoff after some time adjusting them but the light source is just too far off from where the factory reflector needs it to be. I took them out after a few nights and got HIRs. WAY less light but I can see much better than the LEDs.
Look at this led bulb . It looks like they are making the light go where it should go now. I know you typed that 4 years ago ,maybe things have changed with the led bulbs . https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JF5LTR...d_r=d89fe23c-19c1-11e9-a5cf-b183fdaf236c&th=1

Are you saying that the same 9011 will work in both high and low beam ? If so thats good to know . I like the idea of both high and low bulbs being the same bulb . Just one extra bulb in the truck would be good for all 4 lights . If I fit the 9011 for the low beam do I have to do any other adjustments to make it fit the high beams ?
Interested in this as well.

yes 9011's will work in all four just copy the plastic body of the bulbs your pulling out and make sure the bulbs are all the way in.

Just get the Wagner 9011's , they are the best bang for the buck upgrade you are going to get. They are actually a Philips of Germany bulb inside Wagner packaging. @shocktower are you referring to the LED lights posted up above or the actual Philips HIR's? I've been through several sets of 9011's over the last 7 years and they have always been excellent.
Got 4 Wagner 9011 to run in Hi/low in the mail. RockAuto was about $45 for all 4. I hope I will be able to see at night...kinda important

Yes, the 9011 can replace the bulbs at both locations (high & low beams) with a simple modification to the plastic base (trim away a small amount). The configuration is slightly different for each receptacle (high vs. low) but just copy the base of the bulb you pull out. For instance...here is what you will need to trim for the high bulb position:

9011_9005 upgrade.jpg

^^ I'm sure its already mentioned but using nail clippers makes this job too easy.

I just ordered a set of 9012. I'll update once I receive them.

Edit: clearly I did not read the whole thread... maybe i should have ordered the 9011's. I used the link on the first page to purchase 2 for 38.00. $46 after shipping
Best

I just ordered a set of 9012. I'll update once I receive them.

Edit: clearly I did not read the whole thread... maybe i should have ordered the 9011's. I used the link on the first page to purchase 2 for 38.00. $46 after shipping
Best

9011's are the ones we are all recommending. They are less than $9 each on rockauto.com. Buy six of them, install four (low and high beams) and carry two as spares (so that when one goes out you can just replace the pair).

1576269066444.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom