Builds "Jenny" build thread - 1989 BJ74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine had a fully tinted front windshield and I don't mind the clear kind of tint. While it was not too noticeable in the daytime, it was noticeable enough to get me a failed state inspection. I have had some serious BS state inspection failures with my cruiser that I never had with any other vehicle I owned. (None of them for mechanical reasons though).

I too suffer from some tinted rear windows though it's lighter than most so I've not dug much into it. I'll have to read up on @cruiserdan's vinegar method. Sounds like a fun science experiment.

Mine had a fully tinted front windshield and I don't mind the clear kind of tint. While it was not too noticeable in the daytime, it was noticeable enough to get me a failed state inspection. I have had some serious BS state inspection failures with my cruiser that I never had with any other vehicle I owned. (None of them for mechanical reasons though).

Jealousy... find an inspector that doesn't know what it is and intrigue will get you a long ways :D

Got the otherside buttoned up. I don't look forward to pulling those frames. Even with them pulled your going to have to do some creative tweaking frame to get the glass out. I don't think it will be a huge deal but the glue cutting may be.

20170324_232015.jpg

And I forget to snap a picture of one of my new favorite mods

20170324_232512.jpg

I need one of those ^^^^^!!!!

Even with them pulled your going to have to do some creative tweaking frame to get the glass out.

Do you think new powder coat would be flexible enough to survive the process?

Do you think new powder coat would be flexible enough to survive the process?

I'm sure it would. You can nearly squeeze the glass out, 1/8" more and you're golden. they are quite flexible so I worry about getting them out without tweaking. As the cross section is quite uniform, it's quite possible a sheet metal shop could make lengths of it. Bending the corners would be tough but the two top angles are just cut/welds. That will have to be a rainy-er day project.

ExpeditionUtah had the annual Relic Run and RetroRamble last week. Amazing experience and country :cool:

IMG_2579.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

Got the barn door blues? Me too, time to finally getting around to fixing it. Camping out of the 74 last week for the Relic Run reminded me that I somewhat dislike barn doors, more specifically I dislike the lack of utility they offer. I'm a "cook brekky on the tailgate kind of guy" and I really missed having that space. I've had this table kit kicking around for quite some time and I finally had a few hours this am to do something with it. This is a bit of an attempt to meet the need with a super high quality product. Outback Adventures is a good friend and Cruiserhead, he started making these 5-6 years ago? Maybe more. We had them in both of the Expeditions7 VDJ78's and they proved extremely useful.

IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2642.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

His kits are designed as a direct bolt-in for JK's but they feature a flat back so really all they need is a straight panel to mount. Well the 7x Series has just that on the right hand side and the width is near perfect. It does require some searching for 4 somewhat uniform locations to add the nutzerts. With those set, I transferred the holes to the door card and then finally bolted it up. Totally digging the added space and the cutting board too!

IMG_2644.JPG

Folded up, nice and rattle-free

IMG_2645.JPG

I have admired those units in the VDJ78s for some time now. They are very nice but they do require a well-stocked billfold.:)

Fortunately Doug needs parts every once in awhile so we could do some trade action.

:grinpimp:

I'd offer you a museum tour but you already have a key.:doh:

:eek:

I know EXACTLY which one.......
70-double-cab-375a8cc08e7643a50e7b6cecf0bf4498.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom