**Introduction** COMEUP Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The motor on our Seal 9.5/12.5 couldn't be clocked.
The rope attachment point is on the gear housing side.

Yep brain fart - I meant brake side.... which I didn't need to change anyway.
Thanks for the reply, it's mounted in the 80 ARB bar now. Used 1/2" spacers, bought longer bolts but still need LONGER bolts.
Will get it all done and wired up tomorrow.

The Seal Gen 2 12.5k is now installed and working on my HDJ81. Spaced it out with 1/2" plates, but had to chop off the light mount tab on the ARB bumper to fit the solenoid pack in place. So chopped the other off as well and have nice easy access to the T handle now.
33840470548_7c0dccf83a_b.jpg

Drilled couple of holes beside the uprights and bolted the lights down. Removed the ARB license plate mount and relocated it below the hawse. Should have better air flow.
32774337677_87b9b9fef9_b.jpg

FWIW I spooled 100' of 3/8" Masterpull on with room to spare. Ignore the messy wraps, I still need to do it under load.

Do comeup make a solenoid relocation kit ?

I'd prefer to mount the box under the hood if possible.

Last edited:

I'm not aware of a "kit" offered by ComeUp. But the bracket that comes with the solenoid box could pretty easily be bolted under the hood if you have room for it.

Some bumper manufactures offer a solenoid relocation kit to accommodate their particular solenoid location design but in the event you're moving under the hood, it's really going to be custom length cables that are matched to your exact application (bumper, routing and solenoid location). Pretty easy to do for anyone with cable tools (we offer this with winch sales for example).

Some bumper manufactures offer a solenoid relocation kit to accommodate their particular solenoid location design but in the event you're moving under the hood, it's really going to be custom length cables that are matched to your exact application (bumper, routing and solenoid location). Pretty easy to do for anyone with cable tools (we offer this with winch sales for example).

Have cable tools, can crimp - are the end connectors standard lugs ?

Just trying to figure out what needs done.

When I had the 9.5 rs I had to put the solenoid under the hood . The stock cables did not reach were I wanted to mount . I just made longer cables . Here is a pic of the stock lugs . I have since switched to the 9.5 rsi. Excellent products .

68ECB1D3-3E5E-4E68-A612-589F3D8946F9.jpeg

Anyone running the @COMEUP Seal slim in their ARB bumper yet? Considering the dimensions it seems like a better fit on the 80 but I’ve yet to see it in action.

Looking into a Seal Gen2 12.5 rs. Scrolling through this thread I think everyone is saying it works with the ARB 3411050 bumper. Did I get these details right?

- Fits in ARB 3411050 bumper, needs spacers
- Winch is feet forward position same as what ARB bumper designed for
- Seal Gen2 12.5 clutch handle can be clocked but not the original Seal 12.5
- Seal Gen2 12.5 come from factory with clutch handler 90deg to feet, therefore not requiring any clocking for this bumper

Did I get that right?

Looking into running a Delrin roller fairlead assuming there is special i need to do outside of bolting it up to the bumper?

New to winches, wanna make sure I dont end up F***ing it up. Thanks

Box Rocket is correct same motor ect just a slimmer design

Other than external dimensions, does anyone know if there are significant differences between the Seal Gen2 12.5RS and Slim Seal Gen2 12.5 RS?
The free spool clutch is different, T-handle vs Lever handle.
In the Slim model, there is a cut-off switch on the control box.

Thanks

I know this post is a little old, but did you get the 12.5 installed in bumper? If so, did you need to trim the tabs for the lights?

Looking into a Seal Gen2 12.5 rs. Scrolling through this thread I think everyone is saying it works with the ARB 3411050 bumper. Did I get these details right?

- Fits in ARB 3411050 bumper, needs spacers
- Winch is feet forward position same as what ARB bumper designed for
- Seal Gen2 12.5 clutch handle can be clocked but not the original Seal 12.5
- Seal Gen2 12.5 come from factory with clutch handler 90deg to feet, therefore not requiring any clocking for this bumper

Did I get that right?

Looking into running a Delrin roller fairlead assuming there is special i need to do outside of bolting it up to the bumper?

New to winches, wanna make sure I dont end up F***ing it up. Thanks

Are you able to show how the terminal box is typically mounted to the housing? All images show it on the left hand side opposite the clutch release. Mine was installed over the winch line by the previous owner, and I’d like to get it back to original.

DV9 mounted on an ARB bar for 80 Series.

Additionally, are there any differences between the synthetic and non-synthetic line variants of the DV9? I ask because I need a replacement rope, but I believe the winch was originally intended for a wire line, but has a synthetic installed. Want to ensure I get the correct one.

Thanks!

F01D9956-9B07-4204-9A32-338678301DF3.jpeg

Are you able to show how the terminal box is typically mounted to the housing? All images show it on the left hand side opposite the clutch release. Mine was installed over the winch line by the previous owner, and I’d like to get it back to original.

DV9 mounted on an ARB bar for 80 Series.

Additionally, are there any differences between the synthetic and non-synthetic line variants of the DV9? I ask because I need a replacement rope, but I believe the winch was originally intended for a wire line, but has a synthetic installed. Want to ensure I get the correct one.

Thanks!

View attachment 2689838
It's a little hard to see but the winch comes with a small gauge metal tower that the controller box is mounted to (maybe yours is still using that?) and it's held to the electric motor side of the winch with two large hose clamps.
IMG_4999 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

It's a little hard to see but the winch comes with a small gauge metal tower that the controller box is mounted to (maybe yours is still using that?) and it's held to the electric motor side of the winch with two large hose clamps.
IMG_4999 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

My guess is the tab (for lights?) on the ARB bumper is the reason for relocating. Appears to be plenty of cable length.

300262E5-7EA9-4568-AC83-BFB93C7D8EE7.jpeg

Clamps are still in place.

C5E3576B-70FF-4D22-910B-EF52F124AAD0.jpeg

But these tabs are spot welded in place. They grabbed the rope on a pull and are now frayed - hence my push to get this relocated. I pulled them up to where they are now, but not ideal.

03BDA681-9652-4D02-8E7A-42AADA04FC9C.jpeg

Curious on the tower. Sounds like I may need one.

My guess is the tab (for lights?) on the ARB bumper is the reason for relocating. Appears to be plenty of cable length.

View attachment 2691082

Clamps are still in place.

View attachment 2691084

But these tabs are spot welded in place. They grabbed the rope on a pull and are now frayed - hence my push to get this relocated. I pulled them up to where they are now, but not ideal.

View attachment 2691083

Curious on the tower. Sounds like I may need one.
That piece that is spot welded to the winch is the tower I was talking about. If you can grind off those welds you’ve got everything you need. Just use the hose clamps around the feet of that bracket that is spot welded.

you will need to remove the light tabs. I had to do the same on my old ARB bumper.

That piece that is spot welded to the winch is the tower I was talking about. If you can grind off those welds you’ve got everything you need. Just use the hose clamps around the feet of that bracket that is spot welded.

you will need to remove the light tabs. I had to do the same on my old ARB bumper.
Great help! You wouldn’t happen to know the answer to my synthetic line question, too, would you? I believe the winch was originally not a synthetic but now is. Looking for a replacement line (you can probably see some of the fraying in my pictures).

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom