In Memory of Kevin, Tools R US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have very unfortunately heard some bad news this morning and I have the responsibility of informing the MUD community that Kevin, @Tools R Us passed away yesterday 11/12/2019. He was a valuable asset to the Cruiser community, a true wealth of knowledge and a great friend to many. I didn't know him as well as many of you here but I always looked forward to speaking with him because I knew I would learn something I didn't know before. I was supposed to meet with him today to do a fan clutch mod of all things, when I called him to coordinate his wife answered the phone and informed me of the bad news. She asked me to pass this along.

If you are interested in reaching out to his wife or have any questions she asks that you email her.
Susan Patterson - sususp74@gmail.com

Kevin, you will be missed by all of us here at mud!

Dang, what a loss to the community. He seemed to always have something helpful to add and I had hoped to meet and wheel with him one day.

oh no :frown:. I met Kevin a few years ago at Cruise Moab and had the opportunity to thank him in person for all he has done for me and my cruiser journey through his countless contributions on this forum. Very sad to learn of his passing. He was one of the absolute best.

I can't think of many people who had greater encyclopedic knowledge of our rigs than Kevin.

More importantly, though, he was willing to share, help, and evolve the growing community of enthusiasts here without complaint or profit motive.

I wish I had been able to meet him in person.

A great loss; condolences for his family and friends.

Kevin, as long as I have been on this forum, has been a great asset to everyone and always extremely helpful to the new members as well as experienced members of this forum. I always valued his posts and first hand knowledge. His loss is great beyond this forum and his passions. Rest in peace.

Rest in peace and godspeed Kevin. Huge loss to the community but his contributions will carry on. We all have and will continue to come across his helpful posts while searching on this site.

c68lGtUh.png

While we never met, he was a member who I respected and listened to. He will be missed.

Rest in peace, my friend.

I had lunch with Kevin & John (@inkpot) Tuesday and Wednesday last week, having survived my first trip to Johnson Valley the weekend before; we were starting to think about plans for a new rig for me that would be lighter, less portly & more nimble than my K5 (the '93 is out of the question, it's too nice). There was no indication of any health issues at that time, so the news yesterday were quite a shock to Claudia and me.

Man :( So sorry to hear of his passing. To echo the previous statements truly terrible news and a great loss to the cruiser community as well as those around him. I always look forward to and appreciated his comments and willingness to share knowledge with all of us here and I’m sure that same generosity was evident in his daily life. Happy trails Kevin, you will be missed.

Wow....what a blindside.

Amazing depth of knowledge, and while I never met him IRL I liked him plenty.

RIP, wind at your back Kevin.

That is terrible news. The world is a lesser place.

I only met Kevin once, but he treated me like an old friend and I certainly appreciated his encyclopedic knowledge of Cruisers. My condolences to his family.

So sorry to hear about this. Condolences to his family and close ones. It's a tremendous loss to the community, but even bigger to them. But Kevin left us a priceless legacy written for the ages.

Kevin helped me a few times. Frankly, if you've ever needed help here with something, I'm sure he's similarly helped thousands. And he always did it in a way that put you at ease without the crustiness that some who are equally helpful sometimes dish out. Good knowledge spreads faster when it has a basis in a positive personal connection.

I'm sure he was only better in person, so those who knew him like that are really feeling a loss. Happy trails, Kevin.

I'm fairly new here, compared to many of you. When I read his posts, I could follow along with what he was saying. And I read a lot of his posts.

I never met him, but I wished I had.

Terrible news! Prayers for his family and friends. We will all miss the wealth of knowledge he had and loved to share. I never met him or had a conversation with him but always enjoyed his input and advice here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom