In 2024, is it still worth considering very low mileage 2008 to 2010 LX 570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have owned several 4Runners in the past and my youngest son is still driving my 2008 SR5 with 225,000 miles on it. Other than a somewhat major AC repair, it’s been nothing but routine maintenance However, that truck is also quite basic and outdated from an interior standpoint in this day and age.

My current daily driver is a 2018 GMC Yukon Denali, and overall it’s pretty nice. The tech is mostly up-to-date and it drives pretty well. However, I’ve re-acquired my Toyota/Lexus bug, and am also considering some financial issues. Without going into detail, I can save some money by downgrading essentially.

Having said that, I’ve been looking at some 2008 to 2010 LX 570s with very low mileage for the age. Although the tech is indeed dated, these trucks still seem pretty darn nice on the inside. so let me ask perhaps a dumb subjective question: assuming the price is right, do you guys think it’s still worth considering these older models in this day and age? I know the 2013 to 2015 models have a few more bells and whistles but the 2008 to 2010 still seem like pretty nice trucks.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed. Thanks!

I should also add for the sake of discussion that assume all maintenance records are complete, complete and on schedule, and there are no accidents. In other words, I would rule out any vehicles with potential red flags.

Personally I think so, as the early LX's are approaching the $20K mark even in great condition, and it's a ton of truck for the money especially when you compare what else is around that pricing mark. You seem to value interior bells and whistles though, so if you're ok with the late-2000's tech inside, you could be on the money. Is the truck for you or your son?

Will try not to turn this into a testimonials thread. But my 08 LX has been the best vehicle I’ve owned to date. Yes the tech is outdated, but it is new and well built enough that I trust my wife to drive it across country knowing full well she will never glance down at the gauges, including the speedo, until the low fuel light pops up

Definitely worth it if you can live with the "behind the times, even for it's own era" infotainment and the looks work for you. @open country said it. "A lot of truck for the money"

I remember taking delivery of my NEW 2021 and the guy I'd been in touch with tried to show me some of the infotainment "features." He was embarrassed the stuff he mentioned wasn't on the current generation LC. I told him that I knew it was already dated electronically and that's not why I was buying it. With that in mind, I have enjoyed my time so far with this truck and plan on keeping it until at least 500k on the ODO. I'm about 10% the way there.

TLDR: If you don't care about the soft touch electronic features, do it!

Definately not worth it at all. Waste of $$. Go ahead and send me links to those low mile LX’s. I’ll make sure they aren’t available for anyone else to waste their hard earned money on, haha 😆. I like the earlier LX better than the more recent redesigns. And the tech in a 2010 LX is still probably better than 2013-2015 Land Cruiser.

Still pretty happy with my 09. Coming up on 130K miles and it still runs great. I know there are things coming up to replace like the starter but have repaired or replaced most of the other important issues. Not being able to update the GPS maps sucks but my phone works pretty well. Plus I have the overly inflated 8500 lb tow rating :rofl:

If you haven’t read enough in this section to know even on low mile rigs there may be baseline costs like a radiator, valley plate leak, etc, then make sure you inform yourself of these potentially significant costs after buying.

Absolutely worth it. Mine is a 2009 with 128k currently. Purchased at the beginning of last year.
I like bells and whistles, and I don't really miss any of them with this vehicle. Reliable, comfortable, can be tastefully modded. Very capable. Piss poor gas mileage, but that's to be expected.
I would highly recommend, if it fits your needs.

Will try not to turn this into a testimonials thread. But my 08 LX has been the best vehicle I’ve owned to date. Yes the tech is outdated, but it is new and well built enough that I trust my wife to drive it across country knowing full well she will never glance down at the gauges, including the speedo, until the low fuel light pops up
Spot on!

Thank you everyone. Very helpful. I have gotten used to some of the newer tech etc. but none of those things are deal-breakers. I would like something that is reliable and comfortable, which I think these older LX 570s are. I appreciate every comment here. Please keep them coming!

@bloc - yes, I definitely have been reading and lurking here for a very long time and am aware of those issues. The valley plate leak especially concerns me in these older models.

Since we Buy Land Cruisers for their Longevity; why is everyone so Obsessed with Low Miles?
All Mine have over 200K Miles and due to Persistent Maintenance they can go Coast to Coast without Worry.

Since we Buy Land Cruisers for their Longevity; why is everyone so Obsessed with Low Miles?
All Mine have over 200K Miles and due to Persistent Maintenance they can go Coast to Coast without Worry.
Components still wear out, even on our beloved Land Cruisers. Rubber components, electrical, leather, plastics, etc. And unfortunately we have seen it time and time again, not everyone is persistent with their maintenance or upkeep.

Of course a properly maintained 200k mile LC will likely be more reliable than an improperly maintained 100k mile rig, but as a general rule when buying a vehicle - the one with less miles will *usually* have less wear and tear.

But to answer OPs question... IMO this is the best time to buy an early LX, particularly one that has been well cared for. The depreciated market pricing relative to what these rigs offer is excellent. Just make sure you don't go in thinking its a brand new rig, put some $$ aside for unexpected repairs and be ready for older tech.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom