2008 LX570 to 2016+ LC200/LX570 thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bwell

SILVER Star
Threads
I am contemplating making the jump from our lower mileage 2008 LX570 that we have owned for seven years to a newer 2016 plus model. Vehicle is technically the main family vehicle, but doesn't get a ton of mileage annually, I think it currently has right around 116k miles. Any experiences towing heavy travel trailers (6,500lbs+) with the new 8 speed transmission? Obviously we have some equity in the vehicle, just looking for thoughts on newer style interior and 8 speed vs older models.

Thanks

Last edited:
I had a '19 LX that I hated and sold. Now have '14 LX and am much happier- much easier computer and electronics for an old Luddite like me. The manual on the electronics in the '19 is twice as thick as the manual on the rest of the car!! I didn't need the extra gears since I don't tow anything heavy and can do the bigger brakes for around $1000. So unless you really like the styling and need the extra gears, you might be better off just keeping what you have- my 2 cents.

I had a '19 LX that I hated and sold. Now have '14 LX and am much happier- much easier computer and electronics for an old Luddite like me. The manual on the electronics in the '19 is twice as thick as the manual on the rest of the car!! I didn't need the extra gears since I don't tow anything heavy and can do the bigger brakes for around $1000. So unless you really like the styling and need the extra gears, you might be better off just keeping what you have- my 2 cents.

^^^This. I was encouraged by the CFO to get a'19 and decided against it because of the reasons @pcut noted. Much happier!

🤷 guess I didn't think about that too much. I almost put a deposit down on a 2016 LC200 that had been at a dealership since June of last year and was priced really good for the mileage now, even looked at it briefly when I was in the city it was located, then the weather was s*** this weekend and in the negatives and of course it is gone now.

Honestly, kind of over the parchment interior color too, but meh.

Thanks for the input @Willie G and @pcut

Had an ‘09 LC for quite a while and now in a ‘16 LX. My parents own a ‘11 LX so I’ve spent some time in it. I almost went for a ‘14 LX but personally felt the dash and rear end were becoming slightly dated.

All personal opinion but I didn’t find the tech related complaints about the ‘16 to be a big deal. I commute 100 miles a day in mine and rarely touch any of it. I preferred the rear end styling and updated interior. Not a huge fan of the predator grille but it’s actually aged well among the current styling cues on the road.

I thoroughly enjoy the 8 speed, the newer seats, mark levinson, radar cruise, cross traffic warning, etc. Mine has the burgundy (Cabernet?) interior and I think it looks great. Relative to my ‘09 LC, the newer LX headlights and brakes are silly. Major improvements.

That said, I’ve grown frustrated at the lack of aftermarket support for the ‘16 LX. Not much dedicated armor being built for them and the attention seems to be already focusing on the new tundra and GX550.

There’s also some conflicting stuff about whether the AHC can truly be removed and replaced with traditional suspension in the ‘16+ models. If not, and AHC can only be repaired or replaced down the road, that could become costly if someone doesn’t figured out how to separate it from the other systems. Something to weigh if you plan for longterm ownership.

Truthfully, if the ‘16+ LC had the same seats as the LX and cost similar, I would have gone that direction but the economics make the LX the winner at the moment in my opinion.

Last edited:
Had an ‘09 LC for quite a while and now in a ‘16 LX. May parents own a ‘11 LX so I’ve spent some time in it. I almost went for a ‘14 LX but personally felt the dash and rear end were becoming slightly dated.

All personal opinion but I didn’t find the tech related complaints about the ‘16 to be a big deal. I commute 100 miles a day in mine and rarely touch any of it. I preferred the rear end styling and updated interior. Not a huge fan of the predator grille but it’s actually aged well among the current styling cues on the road.

I thoroughly enjoy the 8 speed, the newer seats, mark levinson, radar cruise, cross traffic warning, etc. Mine has the burgundy (Cabernet?) interior and I think it looks great. Relative to my ‘09 LC, the newer LX headlights and brakes are silly. Major improvements.

That said, I’ve grown frustrated at the lack of aftermarket support for the ‘16 LX. Not much dedicated armor being built for them and the attention seems to be already focusing on the new tundra and GX550.

There’s also some conflicting stuff about whether the AHC can truly be removed and replaced with traditional suspension in the ‘16+ models. If not, and AHC can only be repaired or replaced down the road, that could become costly if someone doesn’t figured out how to separate it from the other systems. Something to weigh if you plan for longterm ownership.

Truthfully, if the ‘16+ LC had the same seats as the LX and cost similar, I would have gone that direction but the economics make the LX the winner at the moment in my opinion.
That's why I was kind of leaning towards the 16 plus cruiser, as long as it had been there I figured one more day wasn't going to be a big deal.

The LX across the board as stated many times before is definitely, and usually the more economical choice.

2013 to 2015 is the sweet spot for tech vs price in my opinion.

I am in no way biased.

-Owner of a 2014.

Well, thanks for the additional vote. Kind of went off the deep end and I am keeping the 2008 LX570 and picked up a diesel crew cab truck. After watching the 2016 plus market and how inconsistent it is for the 200 series across most of the country and coming to the realization it wasn't really going to address what I wanted the most.

For anyone else that finds this thread in the future, I have the 16' LX and I fully believe that the 16'+LX is by far the best 200 series. I drove several different years of the LC and LX and there are just so many reasons why I think the 16+LX is the best one out there. Mostly, it's the only 200 series that has an interior that is nice by modern standards. You can check out my build thread for more info, but I wouldn't choose any other 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom