I'm New Here! 1994 LJ78 1KZ-TE 3.0 RHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the forum, new to Cruisers, new to vehicles that sometimes don't work! Also the genius who bought a Prado project as a daily driver :)
What's done? Head gaskets, water pump, muffler, custom exhaust, fresh filters everywhere, miscellaneous belts and bolts.
She still needs an injector rebuild because I'm rolling coal all over the place and a new rad because the JB Weld won't hold forever. Plus the 10+ cosmetic upgrades after all that is done! I'll be here a lot :wrench:

20171005_114110.jpg

I think I remember that one when it was for sale. Was tempted to go to Alberta and get it the price was so good. Nice score.

It's called a KZJ78 by the way (yours has the 1KZTE). LJ78 is the earlier model with the 2LTE.

The black smoke may not be your injectors. More likely a problem with the fuel adjustment, or turbo pressure sensor. Don't run it like that for long, or you'll be pulling your motor apart again.

I think I remember that one when it was for sale. Was tempted to go to Alberta and get it the price was so good. Nice score.

It's called a KZJ78 by the way (yours has the 1KZTE). LJ78 is the earlier model with the 2LTE.

The black smoke may not be your injectors. More likely a problem with the fuel adjustment, or turbo pressure sensor. Don't run it like that for long, or you'll be pulling your motor apart again.

Thank you! I've gotten so used to calling it an LJ because nobody on this side of the water seems very familiar with the KZJ's.
And thanks for the tip. I was thinking it was just over fuelling. It only starts smoking after it's been driving for a bit and it's up to temp. But when it starts it's just puffing and gutless off the start until the turbo kicks in.

Love the intro! Wish I'd had your realistic foresight at the beginning. Then again, I might not be here. Enjoy finding parts but more importantly, have fun!

Hello,

Welcome to the madness.

Always remember to let the turbo cool down for a while after sustained driving at over 90 km/h or 2000 rpm.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom