I thought a garage in the back would be good...why? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
42 yards of concrete later... :crybaby:

Pics shortly.

Last edited:
I can think of better places to drop these $, but I guess you've gotta have a driveway, right? :D
2012-03-07_concrete1res.jpg
2012-03-07_concrete2res.jpg
2012-03-08_concrete3res.jpg

Moor.
2012-03-08_concrete5res.jpg
2012-03-08_concrete6res.jpg

Grass. It's Architectural Digest s*** and stuff. :flipoff2:

Ya, that's the patio area. I have visions of people sinking the legs of outdoor furniture 3" deep into the sod when they slide their chairs back...but I guess that's their problem.

Look into artificial grass for your slab spaces. Lots of 'design element' driveways out in SoCal doing this to and the fake stuff is holding up real well compared to those I see with real grass. Just a thought.

Look into artificial grass for your slab spaces. Lots of 'design element' driveways out in SoCal doing this to and the fake stuff is holding up real well compared to those I see with real grass. Just a thought.

LOL. I'm guessing you don't read Southern Living.

I think I'd plant Lemon Thyme or Corsican Mint in the cracks. Naturally low growing and either one smells great when you step on it.

that grass will grow fast with all that shade.....

yeah, you might want to go with green moss.... to match the moss that will grow on the slab. Maybe some Fig ivy, Ficus pumila.

edit: Not being a smart ass... you already have moss growing on the bricks between the downspout and flood vent. From the looks of the shadows I would guess that rear porch is on the north face.

Last edited:
Your going to have alot of heat gain around the house, looks good though. MIke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom