I finally found the single most useful Land Cruiser/Toyota tool. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TurboDennis

SILVER Star
Threads
Been looking for a wrench like this for a long time for my emergency tool kit.
Quad box (4 sizes in 1), reversing, ratcheting wrench 10/12-14/17mm size.

IMG_20230721_200947.jpg

IMG_20230721_201001.jpg

Last edited:
Ko-ken makes a similar product. 10 12 13 14 and 13 14 15 17. Not perfect but the 10 12 13 14 is a very handy little ratchet. We have some on order currently. If people are interested I can post when I get them in.

Here is the one above. Not sure how to get it yet.

This is what I found after some searching. buying a single unit from US is somewhat prohibitive due to shipping costs. Maybe someone can put together a group buy...

let me see what I can work...we have our Knipex and Gedore Dealerships. Those look an awful lot like Gedores OEM line.

Fine, i'll save you all the hassle. Amazon.de
None of the other European stores would ship it to North America

Ko-ken makes a similar product. 10 12 13 14 and 13 14 15 17. Not perfect but the 10 12 13 14 is a very handy little ratchet. We have some on order currently. If people are interested I can post when I get them in.

Here is the one above. Not sure how to get it yet.

Lots of companies make quad box wrenches, but none (that i found) except this one in 10/12/14/17 size. All the other ones that I've seen have at least one (usually two) useless sizes on them like 11/13/15/16mm. And there is exactly zero fasteners on my truck in those sizes.

Last edited:
I don't know, man. Given that 12mm wrenches do disappear on their own volition, apparently, now you would be losing 4 sizes instead of one... :)

what JohnVee posted?
those look like allen sets, not used for bolts?
No. That was a joke that I thought was funny since it was the first 10/12/14/17 of any flavor after I spent 45 minutes searching. I bet somewhere there's somebody who needs that exact tool for some weird-assed reason but can only find the ratcheting boxes that WE'RE looking for. :bang:

Go here, like @SteadfastRocky posted. But FYI shipping to the US is as much as the tool, so just under $40 total from Amazon.de.

Or, you can just order 1-9 of them from Redozone.de for the minimum shipping charge of 33Euros to the US and sell what you don't need to those of us too lazy to do it ourselves. Not sure if there are any other charges - I don't typically order things from abroad.
Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 10.24.08 PM.png

Autozone used to sell a Duralast branded gear wrench set of two quad boxes.

8-10mm, 12-13mm on one, and 14-17mm, 18-19mm on the other.

I bought at least three sets of them. If I ever see them again, I'll buy more. The 18 is the only one I don't ever find a use for on a cruiser. The 13mm is useful for a battery lug, and for all the non reduced head JIS bolts that get added over the years, by pretty much every aftermarket thing ever.

I'd personally rather have the set of two, over a single 10-12, 14-17 wrench. Because 19mm is used for a lot of things on 40s, 60s and 80s at least.

Dan

Autozone used to sell a Duralast branded gear wrench set of two quad boxes.

8-10mm, 12-13mm on one, and 14-17mm, 18-19mm on the other.

I bought at least three sets of them. If I ever see them again, I'll buy more. The 18 is the only one I don't ever find a use for on a cruiser. The 13mm is useful for a battery lug, and for all the non reduced head JIS bolts that get added over the years, by pretty much every aftermarket thing ever.

I'd personally rather have the set of two, over a single 10-12, 14-17 wrench. Because 19mm is used for a lot of things on 40s, 60s and 80s at least.

Dan

I have an enormous stash of JIS hardware, and i make absolutely certain that there are no non-JIS bolts on my truck. Anytime i add something that comes with non-JIS fasteners, i toss those in garbage and replace with JIS. (OEM battery terminal HW is 10/12mm head btw, not 13). It's just way more convenient to have pretty much half of different sizes of hardware on the truck. It's also preferable if you need to borrow a bolt from another location (in an emergency), as you are guaranteed that they are all interchangeable (since some non-JIS thread pitches are different as well).

After "field testing" this wrench for a few months though, i have to admit that it's not perfect. The metal around the boxes is too thick, reducing clearance in many situations. Still a very useful tool, but it can't fully replace regular (non-ratcheting) wrenches in an emergency tool kit.

GearWrench Flexhead Wrenches are the most popular and you can get complete sizing sets
at Canadian Tire. Wait patiently, Boxing Day sales etc will see 50-65% price sales as per
usual Canadian Tire marketing. Just remember, don't overtorque them. 72 small teeth.

I have to admit, that is a nice wrench in OP. Nice deep sleeve.

I found them in a basic tool and hardware store in Okinawa. I looked all over (several different stores) and if they carried this , they were all the same. If I get to go back next year I will look harder at what they have. I cut all the packaging off so I could stuff them in my luggage, I don't even remember what brand they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom