How's 'bout a hand with head help? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok let me get out the Delancy decoder ring.

So there are some headers that you want that are in Australia, but you want to make sure they fit so you are considering buying this head of unknown origin to have them test fit the headers and then ship both to you and you would build the head at a lower cost than buying a new Toyota head here in the US??

What is wrong with your old head? Ok first things first, what is the price delta between Chinese head and Beno supplied head? Beno please help us out here. What is shipping going to cost? Why in the world couldn't you have a set of stainless headers built in the US?

As much as I agree Ryan, we know that CD is going to do what he has created in his CD LC mind...

Imaginative and original in the combo's he comes up with.

I help when I can but, well, sometimes the direction is out of league mainly because we have no information base here in the US.

Ok let me get out the Delancy decoder ring.

Nope. Got it wrong.....but I can see sound basis for your presumption.

Headers haven't squat to do with this, per say, but more a furthering into the challenges of the path less travelled.....'cause there's not only no map, but merely a little less dew on the knee high brush for one to follow.

So, if you're done with that fancy decoder ring, Mrs. D could use right now....

What is wrong with your old head?

Can't complain....don't even feel desire for strange, honestly.....

:)

Nothing....but only have one and need two.

Now, y'all know me....

Can you imagine my posing questions of this product offering, in which a sufficient reply could be limited to:

"Pic does represent actual product. 1FZ-FE YES."

Almost insulting.....

Ok well I could use one of these so please proceed with the guinea pigging

I'd link, but others may not be as inquisitive and don't want to create issues.

Dunno.... kind of feel like it's borderline evasiveness. Not sure it's worth jacking with if not friendly on the front end, 'cause they never get friendlier when there's issues after the sale.

Yeah if they are a forklift company they might not be very excited to help someone that bought a forklift part for their old beat up truck.....

I would talk to the people on here that may have a head laying around. Christo, Arcteryx, etc and you might have to pay to have the head checked out before purchase, kind of a PPI, but I would but they would probably let it go cheaper than the new casting. And you would have some of the small parts to reuse that also add up.

I mean I am all for starting with brand new clean metal, but I think the last time I looked the bare head was $1500.

Oh and last time I looked Beno it said the short block was discontinued, is that true??

I would talk to the people on here that may have a head laying around.

Robbie's cores lined up, ready to go, both blocks and heads.

And you would have some of the small parts to reuse that also add up.

Robbie's cores lined up ready to go....transfer the small bits over from the most questionable.

I mean I am all for starting with brand new clean metal, but I think the last time I looked the bare head was $1500.

I still subscribe to the heat cycling and effects on life span.

New block deserves new head, but we've established sanity, or lack thereof, already.

Oh and last time I looked Beno it said the short block was discontinued, is that true??

Think there's three left in the US, now...

image.jpg

Persistence pays off.

image.jpg

This round is messaging went like this:

"Is it a Toyota casting, or a product of China?"

Seller replied: "Yes".

"What is the return policy, in the event it's determined a non-Toyota head?"

Seller: "20% Restocking Fee, plus lost freight."

"On the back of the head, there should be a casting reference, like "Toyota R Dot".

Can you confirm?

I'm looking for reassurances in the product itself that it's, in fact, a Toyota casting."

Reply depicted above.

I've messaged with them numerous times within the last year, or so, with ALL indications given this is a Toyota casting for 1FZ-FE industrial application.

I wish I had saved the previous months' messages, primarily to see if their answers were as ambiguous as the "Yes" to my question of "is Toyota or Chinese?"

Technically, it wasn't a lie, but deceiving, in my opinion, since my questions were descriptive.

Was starting to feel like I was pestering, but this is typical eBay crap, which sucks, from a buyers perspective.

Anyone can search eBay to discover the store's name, as I don't want to disclose, but hope they eat the heads, since their marketing and responses sure seem deceptive to me.

Less than full disclosure is a lie, in my opinion.

@beno,

It is possible to replicate this configuration with a head available in the US, with parts available in the US, for a EFI'd 1FZ-FE, right?

The other "non-US" parts source can kiss my a$$, too, (not Akella), whilst I'm ranting.

@Delancy pulling up an old thread. Any more story for this head? I was trying to figure out all the differences between a 11101-69095 (non-us 1fz head) and a standard head. Sounds like more than I want to deal with......

@Delancy pulling up an old thread. Any more story for this head? I was trying to figure out all the differences between a 11101-69095 (non-us 1fz head) and a standard head. Sounds like more than I want to deal with......

If memory serves, a 1FZ-F Head (carb’d, not EFI) that’s most likely non-hardened valve seats and low(er) compression variant, most likely in the combustion chamber, for low octane markets.

Yes, there’s a block off plate available to de-carb and yes, valve seats could be hardened, but inconclusive as to whether or not compression could be increased by simply shaving head. Appeared similar differences in the dome, in the same way the South African 2F heads ‘look’ different than other markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom