How ghetto does this look?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Want some Mud feedback on this. Recently got tired of the spare sitting on the back so decided to take it off. Don't really want to go through the trouble of relocating the CB antenna and removing the block off the kayanmar carrier, as I'd like to put on the spare when I go wheeling.

So how ghetto does this look? What are the pros and cons of this setup with no spare? And lastly, what are the realistic chances I'll need a spare during everyday daily driving?

And yes, my neighbor has a 100 series. :)

IMG_20140628_190105.jpg

Not ghetto at all in my opinion. I would be all over one if I could find it reasonably priced. Now throw that spare on and hit the trail.

The only thing that looks ghetto are the gold emblems

Get rid of them right meow :eek:
How do I remove em. Maybe I'll replace em with a teq emblem. Any suggestions.

But no way I'm getting rid of the gold Toyota emblem in the front.

do you live in homestead? your driveway/apartments look exactly the same as a friend of mine

do you live in homestead? your driveway/apartments look exactly the same as a friend of mine
I live in Kendall. Its a few miles north of homestead.

The Mud sticker looks pretty Ghetto :). I have one on my wind deflector as well.

you may need a tennis ball to keep the antenna from whacking against your wind deflector

Sheesh thanka for all the "help" guys.

I'm gonna try to pull the emblems tomorrow. They aren't pegged are they. Don't want holes in the truck. As for the mud sticker anywhere I put it it will be ghetto. But maybe I should have used the wind deflector.

Sheesh thanka for all the "help" guys.

I'm gonna try to pull the emblems tomorrow. They aren't pegged are they. Don't want holes in the truck. As for the mud sticker anywhere I put it it will be ghetto. But maybe I should have used the wind deflector.

Yes there are holes as I recall ( T Badge ). You use dental floss to remove them by sliding it under and sawing it back and forth.

Just plasti dip them black. Mine are going on 3 years now.

not carrying a spare is just plain stupid even for a daily driver, I would never go anywhere without a spare, a jack and a tire iron. First time you do you're almost guaranteed to run over a screw and get a flat. One time stranded with no spare and you'll always carry on. my $0.02

Funny thing is I carry a jack and tire iron with me everywhere. Just no spare now.

And which one is going to leave a hole. Don't want a hole.

Funny thing is I carry a jack and tire iron with me everywhere. Just no spare now.

And which one is going to leave a hole. Don't want a hole.

With the jack and iron, no spare at least you can walk with your flat tire to a shop to get it fixed while your struck is stranded useless on the side of the road and walk back to your rig and reinstall.

I have been stranded with a flat halfway up Aspen Mtn during the summer on a job in a rental suburban with no spare and it was a huge PITA, we had blown 3 tires (across 2 suburbans and a F150) at telluride earlier in the week and broke 2 stock scissor jacks, learned my lesson, always carry a spare

Last edited:
Personally, I would not want to drive with no spare.

But the real question is, what tire carrier is that? It looks like something that works with the stock bumper?

Personally, I would not want to drive with no spare.

But the real question is, what tire carrier is that? It looks like something that works with the stock bumper?
Its a kaymar and yes, its attached to the stock bumper. PO did it. Seems to work just fine. I've even stood on the tire and climbed onto the roof.

I would say more WT than ghetto. Also, those of you that don't enjoy the finer things in life might not appreciate the gold emblem package.:flipoff2:

Finally, your odds of getting a flat just went up 1000%. Which reminds me that my spare doesn't hold air, so why am I carrying it around? wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom